Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating my LC *Help*

• 03-10-2019 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    long story short I didn't get the points I needed, decided the best thing would be to repeat. I'm aware the LC is hard to learn in a year. Anyway, so, am I an external candidate? I don't want to go back to school or pay for one of those programmes so am I allowed to just study from home? I'm taking Bio and Chem. Is writing up the experiments enough into one of those experiment books and just watching them on youtube or do I need to contact a school to sign off on them or how does that work? Is there an exam centre to take the exams in or do I again have to make those arrangements. I never thought I'd be looking at repeating, but due to some poor life choices I'm here. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I hope someone can answer these questions for me because I don't want to do anything wrong. Good day! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will need to apply as an external candidate in January.

I would contact your old school and make an arrangement with a teacher regarding the Biology and Chemistry. You can sit the exam in your old school with the permission of the Principal, but if you want, the Department have centres for people who are not accepted back to their school for whatever reason, or cannot access a school.

External Candidate information

Different fees apply for repeating.

Advertisement