Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Deposit Account with Ulster Bank

• 03-10-2019 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

A few days back my wife and I tried to open a Deposit Account with UB, when we were submitting the ID's and paperwork the lady assisting us commented that the application might be rejected as I was looking to use my Public Services Card as proof of my PPS number, I have the new type with the photo, where as my wife has the old white one, earlier today I recieved an email advising that the application was indeed rejected due to my card, can anyone explain why this is the case? What is wrong with using my PSC ? I dont have any other documents with my PPS number on it.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

log into your revenue online account and print a letter off thre with your PPS number on

Lots of places dont accept the PSC cards as proof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"Lots of places dont accept the PSC cards as proof"

- I know - you couldn't get a better card for identity but off course this is Ireland and they make nothing easy here particularly when it comes to banking.

Thank God for Fintech -Revolut,Bunq,Monese,Curve etc.

https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/savings-best-buys.90481/ - Get the best rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

The PSC can't be used because the PPS number is not shown on the same side as the name.

I have no idea how someone didn't have common sense to put them both on the same side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Not trying to steer you away from your choices or reasons for going with Ulster but their fees are ludicris so the application rejection might be a small blessing in disguise. If you must go for an Irish bank, I'd recommend KBC first, TSB second. You can compare banks below based on your data.

https://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/

Advertisement