Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer photos from mobile to PC

Options
  • 03-10-2019 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

If I want to transfer from photos from a digital camera I simply connect the camera to the PC via a USB cable, the PC provides a pop-up to indicate it has recognised the camera, I click on this and the photos are available for transfer to the PC.

If I do the same with an Android mobile, the phone is recognised on the PC, though the phone's folder on the PC indicates there are no photos on the phone. There are photos as these are viewable directly on the phone.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

Does your phone show you a pop-up on its display where it asks you what you want to do?
    The option are/might be:
    -Transfer Photos
    -Transfer Files
    -Charge only

Choose Transfer Files and on the PC the Phone Folder will show you the whole content of the phone memory.
    At least this is what I do every time

You will get a notice when you connect the usb cable from the pc TO THE ANDROID

You may have to drag the notice down to see it - You will probably have to change the option from 'Charge from USB' to 'File Transfer' or something like that

You may have to select 'Allow connection from PC'.

Once that's done, you'll be present on the pc with a message like 'Transfer photos' or 'Transfer Files'....

Choose the ' Tranfer Photos' and see where it gets you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

Smythe wrote: »
    If I want to transfer from photos from a digital camera I simply connect the camera to the PC via a USB cable, the PC provides a pop-up to indicate it has recognised the camera, I click on this and the photos are available for transfer to the PC.

If I do the same with an Android mobile, the phone is recognised on the PC, though the phone's folder on the PC indicates there are no photos on the phone. There are photos as these are viewable directly on the phone.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Thanks.

Could you email the photos to yourself using your phone, then save them on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Smythe

Does your phone show you a pop-up on its display where it asks you what you want to do?

No pop-up appears on the phone.

No pop-up appears on the phone.

What phone/O.S. do you have?

• Advertisement

You will get a notice when you connect the usb cable from the pc TO THE ANDROID

When I connect the cable between the two, then on the PC, the phone folder opens with a message which states that the folder is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On some android phones you have to select "file transfer" / "USB Transfer" from the pull down menu when connected.

It might take a while for the pop-up on the phone to appear. On my phone it can take even 20 seconds.

Could you email the photos to yourself using your phone, then save them on the PC?

Yes, I could certainly try that.

Yes, I could certainly try that.
    It depends on how many photos you want to transfer. A few photos might be OK, if you're going to transfer the photos of your holiday it can be long...

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    On some android phones you have to select "file transfer" / "USB Transfer" from the pull down menu when connected.

It's not immediately obvious that there is such a pull down menu to transfer. I'll keep looking for that.

It depends on how many photos you want to transfer. A few photos might be OK, if you're going to transfer the photos of your holiday it can be long...

It's only about 5 photos.

It's only about 5 photos.
    That's fine, so, email them to you.
    Anyway, you should be able to fix that thing of transfering.

What phone/O.S. do you have?

It's a Wiley Fox 2X. Not sure what the OS is though it should be fairly recent.

It's a Wiley Fox 2X. Not sure what the OS is though it should be fairly recent.
    Just asking, because more recent Android OS ask you the option mentioned above, while older OS might not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

That phone might be running Cyanogen. Some of their phone did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

As sample, Galaxy S5 connected to PC recognized as device, however, show "This folder is empty" ...

492197.JPG

... until you unlock the phone. Only then it display storage - sort of security measure.

492198.JPG

Have you tried that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You could try signing up to something like onedrive or dropbox? Their apps allow you to sync your photos and then can download them from a web account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

If you want to connect your Wileyfox Swift 2X to your PC, you will 1st have to have the USB cable that you employ to charge the smartphone. The second step is obviously to connect the Wileyfox Swift 2X to the PC. When done, you need to activate the USB connection on the smartphone. To do this, you must drag the Notifications bar down. Once this is done, the option to click may vary based on the smartphone, however should be 1 of the following:
    https://howto-android.com/connect-the-wileyfox-swift-2x-to-the-pc-or-mac/

Setup Google photos to sync then you can access them online without cables on the pc with your Google account

• Advertisement

Advertisement