Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations on budget printer

Options
  • 03-10-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone recommendations on a budget printer? Will be used at home. Seen some go for 50 euro but unsure as to how reliable they would be.

Ideally anything under 100 euro and where print cartridges dont cost an arm and a leg, easy to come by for refills etc and I dont get blocked printing in black, if a cyan colour is empty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

joe123 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone recommendations on a budget printer? Will be used at home. Seen some go for 50 euro but unsure as to how reliable they would be.

Ideally anything under 100 euro and where print cartridges dont cost an arm and a leg, easy to come by for refills etc and I dont get blocked printing in black, if a cyan colour is empty.

I just buy a printer, when it runs out it's cheaper to buy a new printer...

Use Amazon and there does be great offers....

Ink ends up costing at least €10-€15 more

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

joe123 wrote: »
    Ideally anything under 100 euro and where print cartridges dont cost an arm and a leg

Invest in the printer or get ripped for the ink. Its one or the other. Buy a CISS printer (Epson Ecotank for example) and then get dirt cheap ink in bottles not cartridges.

forget about colour and buy a wireless laser printer - faster, less messy, cartridges don't dry out and more reliable than ink and cheap per page.

wireless is so handy also

this one for £40 is a good option because cheap non-brand toners are available for it (less than £15 for 1000 pages so 1.5p per page)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-M2026-Monochrome-Printer-ML-M2026/dp/B00YU62K3K/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1TM2X5IASAGNH&keywords=wireless+laser+printer&qid=1570493990&sprefix=wireless+laser+pr%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-6

Advertisement