Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EIR are the worst company in the world to deal with

• 03-10-2019 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

As the title suggests EIR are the worst company in the world to deal with. My landline has been brutal for years on and off and hasn't worked at all for 5/6months. Rang in July to get it cancelled. Was told standalone broadband would be €30 a month (not sure where he got that figure from). That was 2 hours later and 9 different representatives. Had to wait over 2 1/2 months for next bill to discover it wasn't cancelled. Rang EIR to get it dealt with. Got sent around the world again and eventually spoke to a guy who promised me a great deal of I didn't leave and go to SKY as I was going to cancel everything. That was an hour and a half later and 6 representatives later. He was to get back to me to confirm everything but he didn't. Waited almost two weeks and started the cycle again of ringing them. God love any old people who have to go through this. After another almost 2 hours I spent 20 minutes going through the whole scenario with someone who then put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. I was then cut off. I've spoken to 5 different people in EIR today which means I've dealt with 20 different people in total. What a car crash of a company. Is my problem sorted? NO. Am I cancelling my direct debit? YES

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

I had a saga with them recently....They closed a service which I had purchased from them, kept charging me for it....I had to call them about 10 times, and was promised the wold each time. I had a mail chain with them 26 emails long. I went to Comreg, and the Commission for Consumer Protection, but to be honest, they were not much help either. Eir closed down their boards support team at this time too, as they were being inundated with complaints.

I know they were re-organising their support organisation (probably still are), but that is no excuse.

They have no respect for their “customers”.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kayakswimkayak

I had a saga with them recently....They closed a service which I had purchased from them, kept charging me for it....I had to call them about 10 times, and was promised the wold each time. I had a mail chain with them 26 emails long. I went to Comreg, and the Commission for Consumer Protection, but to be honest, they were not much help either. Eir closed down their boards support team at this time too, as they were being inundated with complaints.

I know they were re-organising their support organisation (probably still are), but that is no excuse.

They have no respect for their “customers”.

I just can't get my head around how bad they are. I was given the number to lodge a complaint. When I rang it the person who answered said he never even knew there was a complaint section. When I finally got speaking to someone who seemed to be trying to assist me she was the lady that eventually cut me off while on hold. When I rang back I got a different guy who told me he couldn't see who I'd been speaking to. I told him to check the logs on my account and then and only then did his brain engage. So he sends her an email asking her to call me asap. But she didn't and never will. I'm gone to SKY now. I can't be dealing with them ever again. I honestly think people suffer mental health issues after dealing with them. It's such a horrible feeling of despair trying to get anything done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭_John C

There something else alright. I was a customer of theirs up until recently. About 2 years ago my broadband went down. I tried to contact them by phone and after I dont know how many button presses and waiting.........wait for it.......
    ..the automated voice said that they sent me a link to start an online chat!!!!!!

And I had pressed a button to do with my broadband service was down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Exact same experience here, absolute nightmare of a company to deal with. Forced me to sign up to a contract I didn't want as they needed to test my phone line suitability for fibre connection, complete lies told at every point, turns out they won't connect me to fibre (neighbour 200-300m away is connected) as they cherry picked all the easy connections around the area and have left us in limbo. All a ploy to get me to agree to contract I never wanted for phone etc.

Was told I had a 14 day cooling off period to cancel contract if they failed to install but sneakily they don't tell you is that you won't be able to contact their cancellation dept. After about 13 days and 25+ hours of trying on the phone I held the line and refused to be put on hold again until the contract was cancelled and finally got it sorted, never ever again..... Comreg need to seriously investigate their underhanded sales practices.

As previous poster said around same time they shut their forum on here as it was full of similar complaints, absolute joke of a company, avoid at all costs.

People should add their experiences on here aswell and keep this thread going as long as possible to serve as a 2 finger salute to them.
    rant over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I can laugh now but they're some cowboys.

Changed provider and they hit me with an early cancellation fee but never sent a bill.
    There was no early cancellation as I wasn't in contract.
    Couldn't subsequently send me a bill as I was no longer a customer.
    CS person could see my bill but didn't have a facility to email it.
    I reversed the DD.
    Months later they threaten to take me to court for unpaid bill!
    In fairness their Credit department who were handling the unpaid bill could see that it was incorrect and waived the whole thing.
    Not one person I spoke to had a record of any of my previous interactions with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Kayakswimkayak

SKY have been so easy to deal with. I'm wondering when that stops! I have asked my bank to stop the EIR direct debit but they say that EIR control it and I just have to hope they don't look for money off me that they aren't due. Still haven't been given the debate for the extra costs of them not cancelling my landline as instructed in July. At least I've noted every name and conversation since then and am ready for the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭NotToScale

I switched to Digiweb and they've been great but Eir charged me for the modem I returned anyway! I sent in a formal complaint, which they didn't even respond to and they just took the DD for the modem. I even sent in proof of delivery to their logistics centre. Might as well have just written a letter and put it straight into the bin for all the good it did. Absolutely ignored.

I've found them OK for mobile but I would be loathed to subscribe to their fixed line services ever again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

I have asked my bank to stop the EIR direct debit but they say that EIR control it and I just have to hope they don't look for money off me that they aren't due.

That can't be right. Any of the main banks have the facility to cancel direct debit mandates. It's your money after all. Call into branch and cancel it asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You can reverse a DD. Just instruct the bank to do so. There's no grey area, you're entitled to do it. It's the only thing that will get Eir's attention.

At this stage, I'm gone past caring. I just won't use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just to balnce this up.

I moved to eir last year as they were the only ones in my area offering FTTH. I also had 2 mobiles on seperate accounts.

The year is up and more are offering ftth.
    I got onto the loyalty team last week ( i got through via the sales line, much quicker).

My ftth was going up to 65. they offered me 55 but when told i could got to airwire for 50 with no installation charge,they matched it.

THey also added my 2 mobiles to the account for 9.99 per month each. I had been paying 30pm each.

I got the new sims in a few days and today after phoning them to swap over, was told I needed to port to prepay first.

Went into town, got the 2 phones ported over and topped them up, €5 each.

Im just off the phone again to them and including waiting time I was ported over to my new bill pay sims and a €10 credit on my account to repay me for the top ups. All previous accounts closed and confirmed.

So overall the savings for the next year were considerable. MY package was €105 pm reduced to 65 for 150mb ftth, land line and 2 mobiles.

Yes, thr initial phone calls to loyalty were a bit painful but overall, found the staff professional and responsive.

This mornings initial call to eir, had me waiting 10 minutes. Again I phoned the sales line. For the most recent call I phoned 1901.

Its not all bad news with eir. When you get through dont take your frustration on on the staff, they are only doing a job and you might get somewhere. Having worked on a helpline I appreciate the sh!te people can pour over you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Just to balnce this up.

I moved to eir last year as they were the only ones in my area offering FTTH. I also had 2 mobiles on seperate accounts.

The year is up and more are offering ftth.
    I got onto the loyalty team last week ( i got through via the sales line, much quicker).

My ftth was going up to 65. they offered me 55 but when told i could got to airwire for 50 with no installation charge,they matched it.

THey also added my 2 mobiles to the account for 9.99 per month each. I had been paying 30pm each.

I got the new sims in a few days and today after phoning them to swap over, was told I needed to port to prepay first.

Went into town, got the 2 phones ported over and topped them up, €5 each.

Im just off the phone again to them and including waiting time I was ported over to my new bill pay sims and a €10 credit on my account to repay me for the top ups. All previous accounts closed and confirmed.

So overall the savings for the next year were considerable. MY package was €105 pm reduced to 65 for 150mb ftth, land line and 2 mobiles.

Yes, thr initial phone calls to loyalty were a bit painful but overall, found the staff professional and responsive.

This mornings initial call to eir, had me waiting 10 minutes. Again I phoned the sales line. For the most recent call I phoned 1901.

Its not all bad news with eir. When you get through dont take your frustration on on the staff, they are only doing a job and you might get somewhere. Having worked on a helpline I appreciate the sh!te people can pour over you.

I tried the loyalty team ....... and they offered nothing ...... did it twice.

Third time I rang to arrange the switch to Airwire, and suddenly I was offered a price that beat the Airwire price.
    I said no, I was already committed to Airwire.
    The response I got was "pity I was going to offer an even better price".

They have screwed me on price for many years, not least when I took FTTH. New custustomers were getting contracts at €45 per month and mine cost €59.
    Never again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

I wouldn't/ couldn't physically go back to Eir,,, abysmal / couldn't care less/ inept/frustrating do called customer care,they are truly awful,,,,, bribery or even at gunpoint I wouldn't put myself though all that stress again,,you couldn't be as bad even if you set out to do it on purpose,they are chronically bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

As the title suggests EIR are the worst company in the world to deal with. My landline has been brutal for years on and off and hasn't worked at all for 5/6months. Rang in July to get it cancelled. Was told standalone broadband would be €30 a month (not sure where he got that figure from). That was 2 hours later and 9 different representatives. Had to wait over 2 1/2 months for next bill to discover it wasn't cancelled. Rang EIR to get it dealt with. Got sent around the world again and eventually spoke to a guy who promised me a great deal of I didn't leave and go to SKY as I was going to cancel everything. That was an hour and a half later and 6 representatives later. He was to get back to me to confirm everything but he didn't. Waited almost two weeks and started the cycle again of ringing them. God love any old people who have to go through this. After another almost 2 hours I spent 20 minutes going through the whole scenario with someone who then put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. I was then cut off. I've spoken to 5 different people in EIR today which means I've dealt with 20 different people in total. What a car crash of a company. Is my problem sorted? NO. Am I cancelling my direct debit? YES

Agree 1000 percent- how anyone would even contemplate joining EIR puzzles me,Google Eir customer care,and wallah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I tried the loyalty team ....... and they offered nothing ...... did it twice.

Third time I rang to arrange the switch to Airwire, and suddenly I was offered a price that beat the Airwire price.
    I said no, I was already committed to Airwire.
    The response I got was "pity I was going to offer an even better price".

They have screwed me on price for many years, not least when I took FTTH. New custustomers were getting contracts at €45 per month and mine cost €59.
    Never again!

I suppose it depends on how you phrase it.
    I told them I was going unless they at least matched my best offer.

I was just as easy to stay. They initially the offered me. 55 but I was blunt and asked her to speak to a supervisor as to why I would stay and pay more than their rivals.
    They matched airwire. That did me fine.
    Found their BB and mobile coverage good where I am.

Edit:

I just did the maths. 65 per month.
    The phones are 10 each making the BB 45 pm. Even better then I had thought. €5 cheaper than airwire. I had initially thought they matched.

I just can't get my head around how bad they are. I was given the number to lodge a complaint. When I rang it the person who answered said he never even knew there was a complaint section. When I finally got speaking to someone who seemed to be trying to assist me she was the lady that eventually cut me off while on hold. When I rang back I got a different guy who told me he couldn't see who I'd been speaking to. I told him to check the logs on my account and then and only then did his brain engage. So he sends her an email asking her to call me asap. But she didn't and never will. I'm gone to SKY now. I can't be dealing with them ever again. I honestly think people suffer mental health issues after dealing with them. It's such a horrible feeling of despair trying to get anything done

The only way I could find of making a complaint was : https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

To lodge a complaint with eir...

Send an email to...
    ccm@eir.ie

If (when) they don't respond within 10 days contact Comreg on...
    consumerline@comreg.ie
    01 8049668
    ...with the details and evidence of no response (the email dates will show this).

There's a live chat on Comreg website if that suits.

Advertisement