Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint accounts

Options
  • 03-10-2019 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My youngest brother has an account with you and since our father passed away a few years ago, both my other brother and myself are concerned about his ongoing financial management as he is autistic and considered vulnerable.
    Would it be possible for both myself and my other brother to be added to my youngest brother's account as joint account holders with youngest brother's consent?  We're purely interested in monitoring his finances as we're sure there are outgoings for services that he's not receiving and we're also concerned that he's no really capable of budgeting, due to his condition.
    Could someone please advise, either as a reply to this forum post or via direct message.
    Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

With your brothers content you can be added as a joint account holder. 
    But it seems it would be easier to just setup online banking if he doesn't already have it and you can ask to review the transactions periodically. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

giskarded wrote: »
    My youngest brother has an account with you and since our father passed away a few years ago, both my other brother and myself are concerned about his ongoing financial management as he is autistic and considered vulnerable.
    Would it be possible for both myself and my other brother to be added to my youngest brother's account as joint account holders with youngest brother's consent?  We're purely interested in monitoring his finances as we're sure there are outgoings for services that he's not receiving and we're also concerned that he's no really capable of budgeting, due to his condition.
    Could someone please advise, either as a reply to this forum post or via direct message.
    Thanks in advance. 

Hi giskarded,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today and raising what is clearly a sensitive family matter. The best way of dealing with an issue such as this  would be to set up a meeting in your nearest Bank of Ireland branch to discuss the issue further and in a private setting. We would be happy to help arrange the meeting for you with an appropriate branch. Please send us a PM with your full name, the branch you wish to visit and the best contact number for you and we would be happy to arrange this for you.

I hope this helps, Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Converting accounts from sole to joint is against procedures. You'd need to open a brand new account

Advertisement