Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy fridge now or wait until Black Friday?

Options
  • 03-10-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭

Our fridge is on it's last legs and it needs to be replaced. It might hold out for another few weeks.
    We're just looking at very standard tall larder fridges.(Priced at around €300).
    I picked up the odd thing on Black Friday in the past. I know some of it just a gimmick but from what I remember the fridges that were on offer were more expensive items.

So, what I'm asking is there much point of waiting until the end o November?(we don't want to leave it go to close to Christmas)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Not really an expert but I've always found that black Friday is really geared towards the luxury tech like high end TVs and that the white goods aren't really marked down at all. It's like they know that you need it rather than want it.

That was my experience anyway when looking for a fridge on black Friday last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The could be sufficient supply chain disruption by then that you won't get bargains on anything. Buy it now.

And anyway there probably won't be any offers on low end fridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Neames wrote: »
    Not really an expert but I've always found that black Friday is really geared towards the luxury tech like high end TVs and that the white goods aren't really marked down at all. It's like they know that you need it rather than want it.

That was my experience anyway when looking for a fridge on black Friday last year.
    L1011 wrote: »
    The could be sufficient supply chain disruption by then that you won't get bargains on anything. Buy it now.

And anyway there probably won't be any offers on low end fridges.

Thanks, that was my basic understanding also!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Thanks for the advice.
    It has being purchased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Too late now but did.ie have a spend €200 in Oct get a €20 coupon in Nov
    https://www.did.ie/score-yourself-a-treat

Advertisement