Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four people killed after knife attack in HQ of Paris police

Options
  • 03-10-2019 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Four people killed after knife attack in HQ of Paris police

October 3 2019 1:06 PM

Four people have been killed in an attack on the police headquarters in Paris on Thursday, a police source told Reuters.

A man who killed a police officer with a knife in the headquarters of the Paris police today has been killed, French media and sources close to the police said.

"As we speak, one colleague is dead following a knife attack. Another colleague is in a state of shock (...) and the person behind the attack has been shot by another colleague," Loic Travers, local head of the Alliance police union, said on BFM TV.

A spokesman for Paris police said he had no comment on the attack, which took place in the heart of the French capital, near to Notre-Dame cathedral.

French Interior Christophe Castaner is on his way to the scene of the crime, according to BFM TV. The Parisian transport body said the metro station closest to the police headquarters was closed down for "security reasons".

The area around the Paris police headquarters has been sealed off, according to BFM TV.

More to follow...

Reuters
    https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/four-people-killed-after-knife-attack-in-hq-of-paris-police-38559448.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Apparently the assailant was an Administrative Officer in the prefecture. He killed three of his colleagues, one female, two male, and was shot dead by police.

I'm getting this in French from BFM tv live, but the signal keeps dropping, so hope I got it right.

A terrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The brain is one seriously complex and strange thing.....

The mind is so dangerous...

R.I.P to all those that were murdered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Sad indeed.
    With no Muslim element it'll no doubt drop off the first page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Sad indeed.

outstanding contribution there.:rolleyes:

sounds like you're disappointed , guess you were all too eager for a row at the expense of the dead.
    classy as always

Mad also that he worked in the intelligence unit....

• Advertisement

paw patrol wrote: »
    outstanding contribution there.:rolleyes:

sounds like you're disappointed , guess you were all too eager for a row at the expense of the dead.
    classy as always

Don't put your paranoia on me chief. Pointing out the shams who trawl for anti Muslim sentiment won't keep this on the first page. Pretty much what I put in my comment. And 'Classy as always'? Compared to what?

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

Don't put your paranoia on me chief. Pointing out the shams who trawl for anti Muslim sentiment won't keep this on the first page. Pretty much what I put in my comment. And 'Classy as always'? Compared to what?

It's France. Far too early to dismiss a religion of peace motive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Being reported that he converted to Islam 18 months ago but a motive not yet released. https://www.thejournal.ie/paris-knife-attacker-identified-as-it-worker-4836386-Oct2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Islamic incident.

He converted 18 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

he converted to Islam

Kind of wonder about people who decide to convert to Islam of all religions.
    Hard to wrap the head around and if coercion of some sort or else love isn't involved, it must be a good indicator of mental illness/psychological problems/something bad going on in a person's life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Danzy wrote: »
    Islamic incident.

Now there’s a shocker!

I find all religions strange now to be honest....

Every day I'm going further away from the church...

All these cults are just charity set up money spinners.....

Look at the amount of property on their portfolio.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 youknowitstrue

Islamic incident.

Never!!!
    Are the authorities saying the religion of peace had a part to play in these deaths?
    I find that hard to believe , i tells you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Pointing out the shams who trawl for anti Muslim sentiment won't keep this on the first page.

Woke
    adjective
    alert to injustice in society, especially racism

You are, as Douglas Murray describes, incredibly good at dealing with the secondary problem(The anger towards Islam). Why not deal with the primary problem?

"It is like going to a body racked with disease and solving a skin imflammation"
    "We have watched as an entire liberal class of artists, writers and thinkers stop just at the point where bravery is needed."
    -Douglas Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this kind of Hate Fact should not be made public.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Lol. Since it became apparent he's muslim, the victims haven't been mentioned.

It was a small story until the Muslim angle. I wonder if the media can go back and 'reboot' the story? There'll be much more interest second time around with a "Muslim terrorist" angle. It would even break the US media market this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I didnt realise he was muslim. Religion of peace etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Apparently he was reprimanded by his female superior over his refusal to engage with his female colleagues and thats what set him off.

Converts (to any religion) are often extremely zealous

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

I'm surprised that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

Sad indeed.

I think we lost matt folks, just out of the blocks a little bit early on this one matt, dont let it put u off one bit.
    The attacks are diminishing in number nowadays in line with the lure of isis thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Was surprised to see this not even mentioned on RTE last night. They must have found out his religious preferences before airing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

keano_afc wrote: »
    Was surprised to see this not even mentioned on RTE last night. They must have found out his religious preferences before airing.

If they'd known his religion they would have been all over it. When it was just a white guy that killed police, it was no news. Now it's an Islamic Terrorist as part of a wave of terrorism against the very heart of the French system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Kind of wonder about people who decide to convert to Islam of all religions.
    Hard to wrap the head around and if coercion of some sort or else love isn't involved, it must be a good indicator of mental illness/psychological problems/something bad going on in a person's life.

Horrible attack.

I don't think it is so odd that people convert to Islam. It's just one possibility in a long line of possible coercive religions with odd ideas about human relations.
    I knew quite a few over the decades who converted to Hare Krishna. Women who were prepared, eyes fully open, to choose to stay down the back of the temple to avoid exciting the lads, and to spend whole afternoons doing sewing tasks- and I say that as a fan of embroidery, but fcuk me, no one is gonna pressure me to do it. Men who chose willingly to wrap their genitals in tight Indian style cloths and embark on extended periods of chastity, often while the big knobs at the head of the groups cuckolded them by shagging their sari-clad girlfriends.
    Not just Hare Krishnas - there are plenty of cults with thriving memberships where people will engage in all sorts of weird things from washing their lower intestines with salty water, long periods of enforced silence where they will ignore their loved ones and imagine they are displaying detachment from samsara, even just simple chanting for hours till the alteration of oxygen / carbon dioxide levels in the blood gets mistaken for samadhi.
    Very popular movements, never short of new adherents, nor a swift buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Part and parcel of city living and all that ..

Woke
    adjective
    alert to injustice in society, especially racism

You are, as Douglas Murray describes, incredibly good at dealing with the secondary problem(The anger towards Islam). Why not deal with the primary problem?

-Douglas Murray

I was pointing out that people like yourself would have no interest, (when there was no Islamic connection). Now that there seems to be a Muslim connection, here you are with you faux intellectual Americanised musings.
    You are an alt-right sh*t disturber.
    You haunt these boards looking to stir up a them and us narrative. Nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Thats a new one

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Thats a new one

Sadly all to common.
    It's an oldie by the way.

I was pointing out that people like yourself would have no interest, (when there was no Islamic connection). Now that there seems to be a Muslim connection, here you are with you faux intellectual Americanised musings.

Your first post on the thread was to mention there was "No Muslim element". Why did you feel the need to make that point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

I was pointing out that people like yourself would have no interest, (when there was no Islamic connection).
    Sure my only interest on these boards is Islam. I might have made three posts about it. You're opinion of my interests is bordering on delusional and you have nothing to back it up.
    Now that there seems to be a Muslim connection, here you are with you faux intellectual Americanised musings. You are an alt-right sh*t disturber.

You on the other hand are the only nasty ****-stirrer that I see around here.
    If you even take Boards as an example look at all the outrage threads about the supposed outrage from liberals/the left.
    I see more complaining threads like this one than any actual lefty/liberal threads of folk 'triggered'.
    I feel I'm late to the outrage at the outrage party. You realise this preemptive outrage will die away soon? People get bored.

By the way, are you an antisemitic? I mean this is a Jewish movement. Or is it only antisemitism if you criticise Israel?

You're the only one outraged here, even the article says:
    It's the americanised culture war. Sados looking to cite or create liberal outrage so genuine outrage gets lost in the crowd or can be dismissed.
    So lefty liberals who own all the media and the like don't know business? I think you're assigning knowledge to people based on whether or not they want to Make America Great Again.
    America is not the world. Especially not Ireland, thank f***. Nobody gives a f*** about Tucker Carlson in Ireland.
    Generally the kids need to tune out this 'murica faux intellectual conspiracy garbage.
    It's a fact boss. He wanted snakes in it too. WH staff priced it. He wanted illegal immigrants shot in the legs to slow them down. He wanted the fence/wall black so it would be hot enough to burn people. He wanted spikes.
    Some rando posts a youtube video of another rando about a movement with no membership. I'm sold ;)
    Did you hear the one about Trump wanting to shoot immigrants in the leg and his moat with snakes and crocodiles at the boarder? But let's be more concerned and outraged by this rando :)
    So you're all riled up and in a tizzy for nowt. Once you know ;)
    It's about singling out minorities and people who don't agree with you and making them out to be pariahs on society
    Sad right wing propaganda.
    There's a photo of her wearing an anti fascism tshirt doing the rounds. She'll be a leftist anti white supremacist Nazi thug in no time. Desperation on a large scale. Attack anything that makes you (the right) feel threatened.
    Trump on yesterday about being harassed, 'Presidential harassment' forgot about Obama I suppose the hypocrite.

You are the only person I see prove to be a hypocrite time and time and time and time and time again....

You trawl these boards projecting your 'faux outrage' onto other people; constantly dealing with the secondary problems forever stifling real discussion, looking to incite hatred and anger. A parody of the thing you pretend to be outraged against.

• Advertisement

Your first post on the thread was to mention there was "No Muslim element". Why did you feel the need to make that point?

Because threads like these tend to thrive on anti Muslim sentiment. Maybe you've never noticed.
    Sure my only interest on these boards is Islam. I might have made three posts about it. You're opinion of my interests is bordering on delusional and you have nothing to back it up.

You on the other hand are the only nasty ****-stirrer that I see around here.

You are the only person I see prove to be a hypocrite time and time and time and time and time again....

You trawl these boards projecting your 'faux outrage' onto other people; constantly dealing with the secondary problems forever stifling real discussion, looking to incite hatred and anger. A parody of the thing you pretend to be outraged against.

Never said Islam was your only interest. You cite right wing youtube conspiracy theorists often enough. Anti Islam, Anti anti facism, anti liberal, anti liberal conspiracies, (often imagined).

The last two comments are you trying to turn comments I made about you back at me. You post threads and comments complaining and making fun of often non-existent liberal/PC outrage.
    My only outrage is americanised biased right wing posters such as yourself trying to make every topic an us and them narrative using twisted faux intellectualism.

Advertisement