Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund question

Options
  • 03-10-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

I ordered an item online from an Irish site in May,I had to provide measurements etc and was told there would be a delay in delivery as it would take time to prepare my order.
    I was happy to wait and supplied my credit card details.The money was immediately deducted.I asked a measurement question after 1 month and received no reply.I decided after waiting until August to cancel the order and requested a refund, the seller is dragging his feet saying he has paid the VAT on the order .....What can I do?I need the money?Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

How did you pay? Paypal or credit/debit card? Why is there such a long delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

Paid by credit card,the guy has stalled me by saying he has paid the vat on the money and must talk to his accountant etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

downwesht wrote: »
    Paid by credit card,the guy has stalled me by saying he has paid the vat on the money and must talk to his accountant etc....

Speak with your credit card company and explain the situation. They may be able to offer additional advice or perhaps may be able to do a chargeback for you. Had you and the seller agreed a date the goods would be received?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭downwesht

No agreed date.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

downwesht wrote: »

That's his accounting problem, not yours.

Get on to the CC company, atthis stage this bloke isn't worth spending more time on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

VAT paid over is irrelevant, he just takes the VAT of his next VAT return which would be the Sept/Oct one. Chances are that if he hasn't actually issued you with an invoice yet, he hasn't paid it over and is just stalling you

Advertisement