Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password protect Bluetooth connection to iPhone?

Options
  • 03-10-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I’ve just purchased a Bluetooth speaker which I’ve connected to my iPhone.

The speaker is an Anker.

Is it possible to lock or password protect this connection so that no one else who picks up the speaker on their phone’s Bluetooth can connect to it?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If its not in pairing mode they wont be able to connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

ED E wrote: »
    If its not in pairing mode they wont be able to connect.

Thanks.

They are connected. Working perfectly.

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to restrict the connection of this speaker to only my iPhone via password, or whatever?

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dinarius wrote: »
    Thanks.

They are connected. Working perfectly.

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to restrict the connection of this speaker to only my iPhone via password, or whatever?

D.

That's what he's saying - unless the speaker is actively in pairing mode (which you have to physically turn on), no one will be able to connect to it even if they can see it in their list of nearby devices.

As to whether it can be restricted further by password, I'll say no... I have a similar one and these are pretty basic devices, but for the above reason it's not really necessary either.

Advertisement