Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening new account with email already in use

Options
  • 03-10-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I have recently moved into a new house and just put the electricity in my name. However, I can't set up my account online as my email is already in use with an account from an apartment I lived in almost 2 years ago. That account has since been closed. This account online still shows the old details of that apartment and for some reason it is in the name of my old roommate. 
    Is there a way I can delete that account entirely and set up a new one? Or could I change that existing account into my name, remove the former apartment and add my new house?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi wispa9,

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can add your new Electric Ireland account to your existing Online Billing account. There is an Add Additional Account option in the Contact Us section.

You will still see the details of your old account number.

You mentioned the account has your former housemate's name. Was the account in joint names?

If that's the case, we can deactivate the existing account and you can register again.

If you would like us to do this, please send us a private message.

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

We can then look into your query for you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement