Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Boston Qualifier (for 2021)

Options
  • 03-10-2019 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to decide from among several spring 2020 marathons in which to attempt to qualify for Boston. I've chosen a group of them for relative speed/flatness and fit of the date with my work life. Also, my wife will have an opinion about which cities she'd like to visit...:rolleyes:

Any views or tips on any of the following?:

Copenhagen
    Prague
    Dusseldorf
    Leiden

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

I'm trying to decide from among several spring 2020 marathons in which to attempt to qualify for Boston. I've chosen a group of them for relative speed/flatness and fit of the date with my work life. Also, my wife will have an opinion about which cities she'd like to visit...:rolleyes:

Any views or tips on any of the following?:

Copenhagen
    Prague
    Dusseldorf
    Leiden

Thanks.

Leiden has been very hot the past two years, last year it was over 28 degrees with plenty not finishing. Beautiful little city though.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Barcelona in March
    Manchester in April

Both flat, Barcelona can be hot tough

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Barcelona in March
    Manchester in April

Both flat, Barcelona can be hot tough

+1 for Manchester. Nice and flat and the weather the last 2 years has been near perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,892 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Did Copenhagen in 2017. Very flat. Big loop and smaller loop, highest point is a bridge over a railway line. Was very warm on the day tho.

Mate did it this year, same story with the heat. They could do with starting an hour earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

Thanks for all the recommendations. Barcelona and Manchester dates don't work.

Copenhagen, I've only just realised, is insanely expensive.

I'm now thinking Prague. Anyone whose run it want to share your view?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Is Rotterdam too late for you - very flat and fast course.

Edinburgh in May is a fast course too

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kukkanen

How about Hamburg in April ?

Advertisement