Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DTT in foreign country showing UK channels - how?

• 03-10-2019 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm just back from Portugal, and the place I was staying had TVs that were able to show the likes of BBC, ITV, BT Sports, RTE and, really randomly, Eir Sports. As far as I could tell the TV was picking these up via a DTT signal, and it got me wondering - how is this possible? I fully assume there's some sort of illegality going on here, and I am not looking for help in setting this up - but does anyone know (generally) how they accomplish this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Antenna

Its surely a cable TV system distributing channels as DTT (receiving via either satellite or internet and converting to DTT.)

A couple of town cable TV networks in Ireland use 'DTT' (DVB-T) instead of DVB-C

Advertisement