Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Lights Lucan village

• 04-10-2019 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭

Did they change the light settings again in Lucan village from Strawberry beds to the bridge?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I'm not sure if the sequence has changed, but the traffic snarls deffo seem to be longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Same all over Lucan. Always happens this time of year. Not so much when the schools are back, more so when we have the first rainy / stormy autumn days. Happened a bit later than usual this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

unkel wrote: »
    Same all over Lucan. Always happens this time of year. Not so much when the schools are back, more so when we have the first rainy / stormy autumn days. Happened a bit later than usual this year.

It will clear up, give it a few weeks. Link road was bad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Did they change the light settings again in Lucan village from Strawberry beds to the bridge?

The lights on the north end of the bridge are controlled by Fingal County Council.
    Apparently there's a running battle between them and South Dublin Co Co over how the sequence should operate. Sometimes the sequence favours those heading north over the bridge and that causes massive tailbacks into Strawberry Bess and also up to Larraghcon. Other times we get tailbacks back as far as Woodies because they get green longer heading south.
    This is all according to Dublin City FM iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Heroditas wrote: »
    The lights on the north end of the bridge are controlled by Fingal County Council.
    Apparently there's a running battle between them and South Dublin Co Co over how the sequence should operate. Sometimes the sequence favours those heading north over the bridge and that causes massive tailbacks into Strawberry Bess and also up to Larraghcon. Other times we get tailbacks back as far as Woodies because they get green longer heading south.
    This is all according to Dublin City FM iirc

Was particularly bad couple weeks ago, when I was seeing cars queuing up near rugged Lane!

I'm also wondering if bin days are adding to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Oh my god. I don’t use this route in the morning very often but today it took me 30 mins to get from the bottom of Tinkers Hill to the Larahgcon lights. Shocking stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Anyone know has things gotten any better?

Advertisement