Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touchpad not working

Options
  • 04-10-2019 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

touchpad on my laptop not working, give it a quick wipe down with a wipe now not working, thats 4 days ago.

what strange is when starting up the laptop it works every time for about 30 seconds then stops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭adam240610

samjames wrote: »
    touchpad on my laptop not working, give it a quick wipe down with a wipe now not working, thats 4 days ago.

what strange is when starting up the laptop it works every time for about 30 seconds then stops

Could you have a hot key that disable it? Function F7 would do that for me

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Is it a hp laptop?.....is there a little dot in the left hand right or left top corner of the touch pad? Press that for a few seconds and see if anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

Is it a hp laptop?.....is there a little dot in the left hand right or left top corner of the touch pad? Press that for a few seconds and see if anything changes.
    hp elitebook - no dot that i see but the pointer in keyboard is working

problem only started after i wiped it for few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Not sure......try touching left and right hand top corners for a few seconds anyway. caught me out a while back, and that is what I needed to do. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

when you swith the laptop on it touchpad works for a bit until you log in then stops working

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

I used to have to double tap the top left corner of the touch-pad to disable/enable it, not a long hold...

Advertisement