Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waverly 3 Bed Semi

• 04-10-2019 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi

we are in the process of moving into a 3 bed semi in Waverly.
    We are looking for guidance on what budget will we need to

Solid Wood Floor Downstairs
    Laminate Floors upstairs
    Carpet stairs

This is of course a very general query because they are so many grades and levels of quality,but all advice and recommendations of companies you have used would be really appreciated.

We have a first quote at €7k and we have nothing to compare it to.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I would avoid solid wood floor as they can be a lot of trouble (expanding, contracting and warping). I have semi solid wide plank oak myself. They have been down around 15 years now, no issues ever. For a very long time laminate flooring was very poor quality, but that has changed in recent years. There are now some excellent looking hard wearing laminates.

I put carpet upstairs, but if I was doing it again I would keep it to a minimum. Too much work keeping it clean with 2 teenagers in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It really depends what flooring you go for.

We're in the process of moving in to a 3 bed semi there too - have arranged fornlaminate upstairs and downstairs, with carpet stairs and landing. It's coming up just shy of €5k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Just booked a 3 bed semi in Waverly.

Would be interested in the companies you are using for flooring, if anyone wants to share.

Out of interest, is anyone getting the attic converted? we plan to.

Advertisement