Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

139 Bus Route

Options
  • 04-10-2019 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I'd be looking at getting the first one from Blanch at 7am and getting off at Leixlip.

Anyone use this every morning? If so, how reliable is it? Wondering if I can trust it be there every morning or should I just use the train instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Much more reliable than Dublin Bus at least. It can get stuck in traffic, but haven't seen any cancelled buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rinimee

Polar101 wrote: »
    Much more reliable than Dublin Bus at least. It can get stuck in traffic, but haven't seen any cancelled buses.

Do you mind if I ask: When you say stuck in traffic, how long of a delay do you mean? I’ve tried to get it at Allendale Close toward IT Blanchardstown a couple of mornings recently, but I bottled it and got a different bus after waiting for 20 minutes. Without RTPI it’s impossible to know if or when it’s ever going to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Anyone know if it counts toward the fare cap like every other bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Delays - I'd say it can get delayed by 20 minutes.

The bad spots going towards Naas seem to be:
    - entreing/exiting Blanch centre
    - Maynooth main street
    - Sallins bridge

and towards Blanch
    - Leixlip village
    - backroad when turning right to the Clonee-Ongar road

So that's only during busy times. Also I don't usually travel past Maynooth, so I woudn't be an expert on the delays between Maynooth and Naas.

---

Fare cap: 139 trips do not count towards the cap.

Advertisement