Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Service Payroll

Options
  • 04-10-2019 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Is there any provision for getting an advance on your wages and paying it back weekly for a period?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d be thinking credit union loan tbh and keep issues separate from work.

Makes for a simpler life in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

why would you pay back an advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

You can ask, you may be refused. It will be liable for BIK if it is paid back over a few pay periods. Just ask.
    When I used to work in payroll such requests had to go through HR first and it really was at the discretion of the managers whether it was granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭bunawillanlad

Riskymove wrote: »
    why would you pay back an advance?

What I mean is say... Ask for €500 in advance and minus €50 each week from your pay for 10 weeks

_Brian wrote: »
    I’d be thinking credit union loan tbh and keep issues separate from work.

Makes for a simpler life in the long run.

Recently got one but then had a household emergency and they won't extend the loan until 1/2 of it is paid off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Technically that’s a loan and you should be paying BIK on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

What I mean is say... Ask for €500 in advance and minus €50 each week from your pay for 10 weeks

I'm 30+ years in the CS and I have never known of anyone to ever get an advance on their wages like this.

There used to be a facility where if you were going on holiday you could get a week or two holiday pay in advance. I don't know if that even exists anymore.

But there is nothing like what you are describing.

shared services now and ever more unlikely

inadvisable even to ask imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

shared services now and ever more unlikely

inadvisable even to ask imo

It needs to go through your PO. PSSC are only processors for the department.

Thanks to all who replied. Was obviously a long shot

• Advertisement
Advertisement