Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 iMac 27 inch a good buy still?

Options
  • 04-10-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭

Buddy won an unopened 2015 spec 27 inch iMac (there was a few donated by apple) he's looking for some quick cash said he'd sell it to me for 500. Would it still be a good buy at that 4 years later?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Nevermind I got the serial number its 2013 spec not the late 2015 spec. Thats as old as time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Actually 500 for a brand new unopened 2013 is not terrible value. Depends on the spec but they would go for around that 2nd hand for the fairly basic model.

Homelander wrote: »
    Actually 500 for a brand new unopened 2013 is not terrible value. Depends on the spec but they would go for around that 2nd hand for the fairly basic model.

Thanks. 350 he'll sell it to me for.

Spec is

Processor: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB

Throw and ssd into and it'll be fairly decent surely? Going to be used for browsing, word processing and light photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

350 is an excellent price for an unopened model with that spec. It just depends on some factors really. You need to keep in mind you're mostly paying for a lovely finish all-in-one machine with Mac OS rather than power. From a raw performance POV it's not going to be any faster than a 2nd hand €120 desktop on Ebay, even in 2013 it wouldn't have been overly powerful.

You wouldn't even get one 2nd hand for 350 though. For an unopened one it is definitely great value.

Homelander wrote: »
    350 is an excellent price for an unopened model with that spec. It just depends on some factors really. You need to keep in mind you're mostly paying for a lovely finish all-in-one machine with Mac OS rather than power. From a raw performance POV it's not going to be any faster than a 2nd hand €120 desktop on Ebay, even in 2013 it wouldn't have been overly powerful.

You wouldn't even get one 2nd hand for 350 though. For an unopened one it is definitely great value.

Thanks for that.

Not looking for anything powerful just something that runs smoothly. Will apple stop supporting that model soon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

350 a great deal id jump at that

Advertisement