Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freeview soarview all in one

• 04-10-2019 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello I'm just wondering is it possible to get Freeview and saorview all in one , I have a hdhomerun and I'd like to get both on it via the one coax cable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mightymunster1

sugarman wrote: »
    Depends where youre located

Just outside Limerick city , my in laws have a dish for Freeview so it's possible to get it I'm just looking to combine two aerials in one cable

Ahhh okay so I'll need a dish and an aerial for both then , I presume there isn't an all in one package , just a matter of googling to find a supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Might also depend if you want to record a sat program and view saorview,i found 1 cable was not enough as always wanted 1 more,then more.

So what would I need if I wanted to record a Freesat show and watch a soarview show at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

So what would I need if I wanted to record a Freesat show and watch a soarview show at the same time

You would need an aerial and a satellite dish and use a diplexer to combine both signals down the same cable and then use a diplexer socket or another diplexer to split them back out again at the TV

https://www.freetv.ie/tv-aerial-and-satellite-combiner/
    https://www.freetv.ie/diplexer-wall-plates/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I would also ask might you upgrade to a better box in the future like more tuners or adding to a different room.
    Quad lnb = 4 sat feeds as a sky+hd box uses twin feed as an example.
    Thinking ahead and getting things done right the first time so not needing installer out again.

So I've got my aerial and my hdhomerun setup but the epg is a bit out of whack anyone know what I can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So I've got my aerial and my hdhomerun setup but the epg is a bit out of whack anyone know what I can do

In what way is it out of whack?

Don't use HDHomerun, but could it be that the timezone is set to the wrong region or someting like that?

Advertisement