Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New car fault repair advice

Options
  • 04-10-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice.

So I purchased a new car(PCP) with a garage in always go to. ( this is car 5) But I have been having a bit of an issue with the car since I picked it up.

So there is a noise that is coming from the exhaust system of the car. Initially the garage had the car twice and couldn't find the problem or it was engine noise.( had the car for the week) i was adamant it wasnt and finally on a test drive the service manager was in the car heard the noise and located the problem.

Car was booked in 2 weeks later after the part was ordered, they had the car for the day but got a call to say the part didnt fix the problem, and the part they need is on back order

So yesterday's 3ish weeks after the last repair it went in and had more items replaced. And just my luck the noise is back!!!!!!!

I'm lost to think what I do now? I know its PCP but the car still cost €38k

Have I given them enough time to fix it? What do I do next? Got the car in May and it just has 8000km on the clock.

Any advice would be great. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

if they cant fix the problem, what do you want as a resolution?

how popular is this car ? if its shifting loads of units i'd not expect back order on this part unless its a common fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

gs300 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just looking for some advice.

So I purchased a new car(PCP) with a garage in always go to. ( this is car 5) But I have been having a bit of an issue with the car since I picked it up.

So there is a noise that is coming from the exhaust system of the car. Initially the garage had the car twice and couldn't find the problem or it was engine noise.( had the car for the week) i was adamant it wasnt and finally on a test drive the service manager was in the car heard the noise and located the problem.

Car was booked in 2 weeks later after the part was ordered, they had the car for the day but got a call to say the part didnt fix the problem, and the part they need is on back order

So yesterday's 3ish weeks after the last repair it went in and had more items replaced. And just my luck the noise is back!!!!!!!

I'm lost to think what I do now? I know its PCP but the car still cost €38k

Have I given them enough time to fix it? What do I do next? Got the car in May and it just has 8000km on the clock.

Any advice would be great. Sorry for the long post.

Thanks
    G

Any repair should be permanent and done on the 1st attempt. They've had a go at the 1st of the 3Rs, Repair, so the options open are Replacement or Refund. Getting the garage to agree is the fun bit. The PCP will sort itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

In practice, that doesn’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Any make or model or even a recording of the sound your getting.Petrol or diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

colm_mcm wrote: »
    In practice, that doesn’t happen.

It does you just don't want to admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Del2005 wrote: »
    It does you just don't want to admit it.

Ok, I admit it, they’re buying back cars in their droves over intermittent exhaust rattles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

greasepalm wrote: »
    Any make or model or even a recording of the sound your getting.Petrol or diesel.

Not really relevant to the Consumer Issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Not really relevant to the Consumer Issue though.

No but keeping things a secret its harder for a fix and we might encounter it in the future,some makes and models suffer from the same faults.I do hope customer satisfaction wins but in todays market?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭gs300

Hi all,

It's a Seat Ateca, 2lt Diesel.

I cant attach the sound clipping, but they have said it's the exhaust flap motor, and the best way I can describe it, is it sounds like a wood pekker on metal.

I honestly dont know what to expect, I highly doubt there will be a replacement but following the 3 R's the repair hasn't worked.

I've havent kicked up a fuss about it, but give the 2nd fix hasn't fixed it the fuse is getting shorter.

Advertisement