Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Dead II Coming November 5th

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Can't really stand Rockstar games anymore. Open world but with absolutely no freedom when it actually comes to missions, essentially just making it a slog from A to B. For some this doesn't stop the game's from being good to them. This lad really hits the point for me:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So i enjoy this, but don't really have the urge to go back to it all that much. Think i'll even start the new Star Wars game before finishing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »
    So i enjoy this, but don't really have the urge to go back to it all that much. Think i'll even start the new Star Wars game before finishing this.

I did that :o

Not really bothered about RDR, played about an hour. Will finish it tho......one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I enjoyed it it when I played it when ever it was released on console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm enjoying it.

Including the level of detail.

Such as this random encounter
    I came across this shackled prisoner in the woods, he asked me to blow the shackles off his feet. I did this and he gave me info about a house with lots of cash. Then I decided to lasso him and put him on the back of the horse. Brought him to the sheriff and got a cash reward. Was cool, the devs thought of all that.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

I'm enjoying it.

Including the level of detail.

Such as this random encounter
    I came across this shackled prisoner in the woods, he asked me to blow the shackles off his feet. I did this and he gave me info about a house with lots of cash. Then I decided to lasso him and put him on the back of the horse. Brought him to the sheriff and got a cash reward. Was cool, the devs thought of all that.

The poor guy. Just
    escaped from prison and you bring him back
    . You will
    encounter more of them
    throughout the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Downloaded this on steam yesterday. Have the recommended rig and I am getting a good bit of stuttering which is really disappointing - even on low.

My pc is

Processor. i5 3.8ghz 7600
    Ram. 24gb
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb
    Hard Drive: SSD

Is my PC too slow, or have I messed up the optimisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

errlloyd wrote: »
    Downloaded this on steam yesterday. Have the recommended rig and I am getting a good bit of stuttering which is really disappointing - even on low.

My pc is

Processor. i5 3.8ghz 7600
    Ram. 24gb
    Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6Gb
    Hard Drive: SSD

Is my PC too slow, or have I messed up the optimisation?

Have a look at these and see if you can improve performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

In on the fence for so long with this to buy or not on pc. Anyone that's playing it now is it worth it with any updates that happened? Was put off completely by the reports of a bad port on release

• Advertisement

It's a very immersive game, and i enjoyed it for a few hours, but really not sure if i'll go back. It just takes so long to do anything, and i don't have the urge to get that into it.

Looks amazing, and runs well on my not so powerful machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a very immersive game, and i enjoyed it for a few hours, but really not sure if i'll go back. It just takes so long to do anything, and i don't have the urge to get that into it.

Looks amazing, and runs well on my not so powerful machine.
    That's one reason why I'm holding off. I'll get an hour or 2 every second day and i don't want to waste it traversing huge landscapes. Was grand in my early 20's but not late 30's

KilOit wrote: »
    That's one reason why I'm holding off. I'll get an hour or 2 every second day and i don't want to waste it traversing huge landscapes. Was grand in my early 20's but not late 30's

I'm right there with you.
    At 39 I just don't have the time to backtrack over same ground constantly

(This is slightly at odds with my playing Fallout 4 at the moment but the fast travel in that is very easy to utilise)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If it had the same fast travel system as RDR did then this would be a massively better game.

They built a very interesting and gorgeous world and there tends to be a lot to do in it, but that's just completely at odds with wanting to play through a game rather than experience a game world.

The multiplayer I tried on the PS4 once and I never went back to it. It was about as much fun as repeatedly sticking a fork in my leg. In contrast, I loved GTA Online and was bitterly disappointed at how unenjoyable an experience RDR2 was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Shiminay wrote: »

They built a very interesting and gorgeous world and there tends to be a lot to do in it, but that's just completely at odds with wanting to play through a game rather than experience a game world.

There is a lot in it, but I found it to be a lot of busy work. Its a big beautiful world, with nothing interesting to do in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

It's a fun game to dip in and out of. I do enjoy the main story though.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Playing through on PC at the moment, runs fine on my aging rig. Im about 60% through and sort of getting a bit fed up of it if im honest. Will definitly sit with it though as its such a good game.The crafting and some of the side missions are a bit average though. It looks great and plays great but I think im just burnt out of it. Some great set pieces.
    The bit of the island of Guama was a bit strange in my opinion, sort of broke up the game completely.

Glebee wrote: »
    Playing through on PC at the moment, runs fine on my aging rig. Im about 60% through and sort of getting a bit fed up of it if im honest. Will definitly sit with it though as its such a good game.The crafting and some of the side missions are a bit average though. It looks great and plays great but I think im just burnt out of it. Some great set pieces.
    The bit of the island of Guama was a bit strange in my opinion, sort of broke up the game completely.

Bit in spoiler I thought that too. But your not there long so it's not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

OK so thats me done with Red Dead 2. Over all an excellent game but
    That epilogue at the end just went on and on and then just finished.
    90% complete but cant see myself going back. Well worth a playthrough. Have not pl;ayed any of the online game.

Glebee wrote: »
    OK so thats me done with Red Dead 2. Over all an excellent game but
    That epilogue at the end just went on and on and then just finished.
    90% complete but cant see myself going back. Well worth a playthrough. Have not pl;ayed any of the online game.

Yea it's like starting
    a new
    game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there any word of the original being ported? I'm inclined to think not, sadly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement

Only way it'll happen is if they do a next gen remaster, and then release that on PC.

Advertisement