Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2020

Options
  • 05-10-2019 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

First post here .. eek! Early days for the moment but hoping it all goes well. 😘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Me too. How many weeks are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Me too. How many weeks are you?

Only 5+3. Booked in for a early scan in two weeks. Hope that goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Congratulations to you both!

I just had a positive test at the weekend, which going by my dates, means I'm also due in early June! This will be my second. Really hoping it all works out ok :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

It looks like I can join this thread too!
    I'm just back from the GP who confirmed the pregnancy (did a test yesterday morning) and I'm due around the 6th of June.

Second baby.
    This round I feel nauseaus, tired, mild cramps, light headed so quite a difference compared to my first pregnancy where I didn't have anything aside from sore breasts.

So excited though!
    Hope everything goes well.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Nessel wrote: »
    It looks like I can join this thread too!
    I'm just back from the GP who confirmed the pregnancy (did a test yesterday morning) and I'm due around the 6th of June.

Second baby.
    This round I feel nauseaus, tired, mild cramps, light headed so quite a difference compared to my first pregnancy where I didn't have anything aside from sore breasts.

So excited though!
    Hope everything goes well.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Its funny, my last pregnancy I was extremely nauseous, tired and had sore breasts. This time its just very mild cramping, some headaches, but lots of tiredness. I had to take the test twice to convince myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cinderellaxx

Woo hoo delighted to be joining here

5+2 booked in for a early scan on 17th Oct and then booked into hospital for first appointment on 25th November

This will be my Third baby. So excited and nervous, really hoping everything goes ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Awww I was in the June 2019 thread. Can’t believe it’s this time already! My little girl is 3 1/2 months now and June is a lovely time to have a baby. Best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Girl_harbour

Just got my positive test :) delighted! this is my first. I'm due June 16th. 4 weeks plus 2 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

Just got a positive test this weekend. I'm just 4w so looking at the end of June for now. This is our first so still processing the surprise! I have some mild cramps that feel just like a tightness every now and again but nothing else other than that. Dont know how I'm going to keep quiet!

Hi guys.

How easy or hard is it to get an early scan that's covered privately but is done in the hospital.

With my daughter I got a scan at 9 weeks at the obstetrician I was with. But now I'm told they don't do that and to ask my gp for a referral to the hospital. But will they grant the request if all seems ok?

I'm quite anxious at the moment perhaps because I didn't have to wait till 12 weeks before. But I'm also looking to tell my family when I'm 11 weeks as I'm over at that time (they're abroad) and I'd feel better knowing all is ok before I tell people.

If it's possible would this get covered as I'm private? Or will they want to charge me?

Hope someone knows

• Advertisement

Nessel wrote: »
    Hi guys.

How easy or hard is it to get an early scan that's covered privately but is done in the hospital.

With my daughter I got a scan at 9 weeks at the obstetrician I was with. But now I'm told they don't do that and to ask my gp for a referral to the hospital. But will they grant the request if all seems ok?

I'm quite anxious at the moment perhaps because I didn't have to wait till 12 weeks before. But I'm also looking to tell my family when I'm 11 weeks as I'm over at that time (they're abroad) and I'd feel better knowing all is ok before I tell people.

If it's possible would this get covered as I'm private? Or will they want to charge me?

Hope someone knows

Hi Nessel,

I'm not sure early scans are covered through private insurance. If you really want to get an early scan you can get one with evie.ie but you will have to cover the cost yourself. I'm getting the panorama test done there at 9 weeks. I did it on my last pregnancy and just gave great peace of mind.

Hope that helps.

jaja321 wrote: »
    Hi Nessel,

I'm not sure early scans are covered through private insurance. If you really want to get an early scan you can get one with evie.ie but you will have to cover the cost yourself. I'm getting the panorama test done there at 9 weeks. I did it on my last pregnancy and just gave great peace of mind.

Hope that helps.

Thank you! I don't live in Dublin though so I had to find another place.
    But I booked in a scan for the end of this month. Definitely helps knowing I'll get to see if all is okay before the trip. :)

Early scan yesterday. All looking good... Yay! So relieved. Just shy of seven weeks but could see baba and hear heartbeat ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Hi all, congratulations! Just found out we are expecting for late June 2020. This is our second, #1 is 2 so since September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Hi all, joining this thread as we found out this week I’m expecting, our first, late June 2020! All feels surreal at the moment and it’s so early, fingers crossed all will go well x

sillymoo wrote: »
    Hi all, joining this thread as we found out this week I’m expecting, our first, late June 2020! All feels surreal at the moment and it’s so early, fingers crossed all will go well x

Congrats Sillymoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Going to bow out of this thread. Have miscarried and repeat bloods on Tuesday will likely confirm it. Best of luck to everyone x

Going to bow out of this thread. Have miscarried and repeat bloods on Tuesday will likely confirm it. Best of luck to everyone x

Aw, I am so sorry to hear that. Take it easy, be kind to yourself and take whatever time you need. X

Very sorry to hear, look after yourself ❤️

So sorry to hear. Take care.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how you are feeling. As others have said, be kind to yourself. Sending hugs.

I'm so sorry to hear. Take care sillymoo.

We went to get an early scan today and ended up with so many pictures saw the heartbeat of the baby, everything looked good! <3 This definitely is such a relief as I've stressed over this for a while now. I definitely feel more comfortable now to tell people when it's time.

at how many weeks are you all going to start telling?

As late as possible but prob won't get away with not drinking over Xmas without people twigging.

Around the 12 week mark. I'm currently in my 7th week, and I'm going for a scan in my 9th which will hopefully provide me with some comfort, all going well. Its not long to wait then after that.

Im 7 weeks now as well myself and also going for an early scan at 9, Ive a big family holiday at about week 10 that im thinking of telling my immediate family at because it will be very obvious that im not drinking :P its been so hard to keep secret!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

I'm almost 7 week and trying to keep it secret until Christmas. Will be difficult. Had a few family events recently and have used up every excuse for not drinking already! I'm so excited to start sharing the news!

Anyone else really nauseous? I'm only about 6+2 and it's kicked in pretty bad the last couple of days

• Advertisement

Yeah I've been nauseous for nearly two weeks straight now 🙄 can't wait for that part to end!

Advertisement