Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Yep. Nauseous for past 2 weeks. It's so awful! I forgot how bad it was. I'm wearing the pressure bands but not sure they're working as well as last time. I'm eating so many carbs that I'm worried I'm gonna be huge! But it's all I can face. That and orange juice

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

I am 7 weeks tomorrow and have a low level nausea for the past week or so. I described it to my husband as like a mild hangover nausea. You're able to go on with everything but its there in the back of your mind and just one bad smell or thought could throw you over the edge.
    Also, have really little appetite recently. Just picking away at carbs mostly. Toast is my new best friend.
    But I'm able to go about my day , just want to nap at any available opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Yeah mine's low level to be fair but still a dose!

I love ginger nuts so hoping they'll save me!! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

Mine is now at a low level thank god :) hoping it stays that way!!! you'd think from so much not eating id have lost some weight but ive already had to size up in jeans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

moleary20 wrote: »
    Anyone else really nauseous? I'm only about 6+2 and it's kicked in pretty bad the last couple of days

Yeah I've been nauseous every single day usually for the whole day. Sometimes it's less sometimes it's more. Can't wait for that part to be over. It also seems a little better when I eat for some reason, but I can't eat the whole day so that is a little challenging. 9+3 right now.

• Advertisement

Nessel wrote: »
    Yeah I've been nauseous every single day usually for the whole day. Sometimes it's less sometimes it's more. Can't wait for that part to be over. It also seems a little better when I eat for some reason, but I can't eat the whole day so that is a little challenging. 9+3 right now.

They do say little and often is the way to go and it gets worse if you skip meals so that makes sense. Jealous of your extra 3 weeks on me, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

Got booked in for the 27th of this month for my dating scan :) anyone else have a date for theirs yet?

Well here I am at 8 weeks and just threw up in a wastepaper bin at work.....
    Lovely.

How is everyone feeling? I had an early scan where I heard the heartbeat! So exciting and so REAL!

Trying to keep it quiet until Christmas but finding it so difficult to make up excuses. I'm so exhausted all the time I don't want to go out in the evenings and when I do it's getting harder and harder to cover my not drinking alcohol. I was also a social smoker so that's already been noticed.

There are only so many times I can get away with lunch instead of a night out at weekends!

My scan is the 3rd of December, but getting an earlier private one in Evie on Thursday of this week - so hopefully that will go ok.

Vaquita, so sorry to hear that - that is rough! I am having all day nausea but no vomiting. You poor thing.

I've been pretty down this pregnancy thus far, mostly due to the nausea, tiredness and generally feeling crap. I also moved house just as the nausea kicked in at 6 weeks and I suppose a lot of stress with that. And this time around I have a toddler, so harder to get the rest. I'm really hoping though that by 12/13 weeks the nausea will be gone and my energy will be back and I'll feel more back to normal.

I have no appointment date yet but mine is a good way off yet I'd say. Only just 7 weeks now.

I have symptoms on and off and feel very different to my last pregnancy. Having a 2 year old who doesn't sleep is wearing away at my patience though. Mom guilt is pretty bad at the moment.

On the upside people are used to my lack of social life so less need for excuses. Haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 willitallbeok

Joining this thread as OH is almost at 11 weeks. Had early scan last week and was amazing to not only hear, but see the heart beating away.
    Getting the harmony test done, and will be holding off on telling folks until we get the results back.

All going well, due first week of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

I think I held out longer on posting last time, but I'm 8 weeks today, due on 24th June. It's my second (and most likely last). Had a scan last wed and saw the heart beat, which is when it really feels real! Told my close family at the weekend and ended up telling my boss on Monday, it was just proving stressful for other reasons not telling. Anyway, exciting times! I'm just looking forward to telling everyone, don't know how I held out last time.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah congrats Kastasia!I think you were in the May 2018 thread with me (and that baba was definitely my last!!)Hope it all goes well for you.

kastasia wrote: »
    I think I held out longer on posting last time, but I'm 8 weeks today, due on 24th June. It's my second (and most likely last). Had a scan last wed and saw the heart beat, which is when it really feels real! Told my close family at the weekend and ended up telling my boss on Monday, it was just proving stressful for other reasons not telling. Anyway, exciting times! I'm just looking forward to telling everyone, don't know how I held out last time.

Congratulations Kastasia! You and I are fairly close in dates I think!

Just had an early scan and the panorama test done in Evie. All indications from scan are good. Heartbeat very strong. Was lovely to see! :-) Full results from test in about 10 days.

How is everyone feeling? I'm in my 10th week now - still feeling nauseous but it doesn't seem to be as bad throughout the day as it was. Still pretty bad in the evenings though. My skin has been really bad too; I have rosacea and the early stages of pregnancy seem to play havoc with it! It cleared up the last time though in the second trimester, so hoping for the same on this occasion!

Im almost 9 weeks I think. My symptoms have pretty much disappeared the last few days. Don't know what to think of that. I'm really cranky and stressed these days, I actually don't think the pregnancy hormone party suits me at all.

Just got the harmony test results back and it's all ok.
    Hitting the 12 weeks now too, so that's a few major boxes ticked.

OH is doing pretty well, her symptoms seem to be progressing and matching what's suggested from any week by week guide.

She's going to try to get to the holidays without telling work and we're also holding off on telling family just yet.

Also found out that all going well, we're having a boy!!!

Congratulations willitallbeok, delighted its all going well! :-)

Sorry moleary20 to hear you are struggling with the hormones. Its rough. I'm all over the place at the moment too. Really ratty and moody. I hate it. The first trimester really is so rough.

At 11 weeks now, so really hoping Ill start to see a difference in a week or two.

jaja321 wrote: »
    Congratulations willitallbeok, delighted its all going well! :-)

Sorry moleary20 to hear you are struggling with the hormones. Its rough. I'm all over the place at the moment too. Really ratty and moody. I hate it. The first trimester really is so rough.

At 11 weeks now, so really hoping Ill start to see a difference in a week or two.

Thanks jaja321, maybe I spoke too soon though. Last 2 days, she's been really suffering with nausea. Not getting sick, but lack of appetite and nauseous feeling is getting much worse.
    It's really frustrating from a guys perspective too, I have normal appetite and sometimes have to eat in secret if her nausea is too bad.
    There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to improve things either.

Also doesn't help when googling to find some folks can suffer from nausea all through the 9 months.

If anyone has found any good remedies they would be really appreciated.

• Advertisement

Thanks jaja321, maybe I spoke too soon though. Last 2 days, she's been really suffering with nausea. Not getting sick, but lack of appetite and nauseous feeling is getting much worse.
    It's really frustrating from a guys perspective too, I have normal appetite and sometimes have to eat in secret if her nausea is too bad.
    There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to improve things either.

Also doesn't help when googling to find some folks can suffer from nausea all through the 9 months.

If anyone has found any good remedies they would be really appreciated.

The nausea is really rough. I've had it now since 6 weeks; all day nausea. It affects my mood a lot too because I constantly feel awful. I'm sure its hard on my husband being around me, but I'll think about that when I feel better!

Last time around I found the sea sickness bands you can get in the chemist quite helpful. They aren't really helping this time around though unfortunately. Ginger tea helps. I'm mostly eating just carbs at the moment; which I also hate as I would never normally eat this much bread, but needs must. So things like toast, cornflakes etc I'm finding helpful. Eating a little amount and often - not letting myself get hungry, as then its way worse. I find the taste of oranges also help with the sick-y feeling. The other big thing is rest. I find tiredness can make it worse too.

Its awful, but hopefully it'll pass. If it continues though then a trip to the doctor for anti-sickness medication might be on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Had an ultrasound at my obstetrician and so glad to say everything looks well. Baby was moving quite a bit and measured 12 weeks which I am now. Heard the heartbeat too. Symptoms are getting a little better now too.

Nessel wrote: »
    Had an ultrasound at my obstetrician and so glad to say everything looks well. Baby was moving quite a bit and measured 12 weeks which I am now. Heard the heartbeat too. Symptoms are getting a little better now too.

That's great Nessel. Congratulations! Great to be at that point.

Hi All, my symptoms have pretty much disappeared the last couple of weeks. No nausea, maybe some slight breast tenderness but I'm still breastfeeding so hard to tell, hormone party has calmed down and I feel normal again.

Prior to this, I was feeling low grade nausea each morning as in I'd have to eat straight away and not let myself get hungry etc. I didn't have this on my last pregnancy at all and not sure what I should do If anything at All?

Hi All, my symptoms have pretty much disappeared the last couple of weeks. No nausea, maybe some slight breast tenderness but I'm still breastfeeding so hard to tell, hormone party has calmed down and I feel normal again.

Prior to this, I was feeling low grade nausea each morning as in I'd have to eat straight away and not let myself get hungry etc. I didn't have this on my last pregnancy at all and not sure what I should do If anything at All?

I would try not to worry. Everyone's symptoms and pattern of symptoms are different. How many weeks are you now and when are you going for your first scan?

I would try not to worry. Everyone's symptoms and pattern of symptoms are different. How many weeks are you now and when are you going for your first scan?

It's more the sudden complete drop off is throwing me. I went from feeling pregnant to not pregnant and it hasn't reverted back at any point if that makes sense.

I'm about 9 and a half weeks now so hCG should still be increasing. Scan at 12 weeks.

It's more the sudden complete drop off is throwing me. I went from feeling pregnant to not pregnant and it hasn't reverted back at any point if that makes sense.

I'm about 9 and a half weeks now so hCG should still be increasing. Scan at 12 weeks.

Would you consider going for an early scan privately anywhere to help ease your mind?

I am exactly 10 weeks today.
    So far my symptoms have really eased up . Only have faint nausea if I let myself get hungry.
    The rest fo the time I am just EXHAUSTED. I have taken to napping in my car on my lunchbreak!

Feeling kinda lucky that I don't have too many symptoms. My sister in law is in agony with migraines and constant nausea.

Getting really excited about telling everyone soon!

Would you consider going for an early scan privately anywhere to help ease your mind?

Yeah, I'll think about that. I will actually be mind blown if there's something there at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

13 week scan done and all looking good. Delighted! Feeling a bit better now too energy wise. Looking forward to the next 12 weeks before third tri big bump side effects start to.hit 🀣

Advertisement