Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Girl_harbour

13 week scan done and all looking good. Delighted! Feeling a bit better now too energy wise. Looking forward to the next 12 weeks before third tri big bump side effects start to.hit ��

Its such a relief isnt it?

I had mine Wednesday, but im only 11+3 today :)

Was very worried as I have spotting on and off pretty much since I took the test :P but all was fine thankfully

We've only started to tell some close friends and family

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

We have our 12 week scan this evening. I'm so excited. Is it just like a normal ultrasound but the Dr takes a bit longer?

Did you get a pic to take home?

We were lucky to get an ultrasound at 4 weeks to confirm location of sac and at 7 weeks to confirm heartbeat but they were over in a flash and we didn't get a picture or anything like that.

Looking forward to telling our friends and families now, but kind of going to miss this little secret that we have been keeping. Does that sound weird?

Have had 3 different (normally would be very boozy) Christmas parties the last 2 weeks so am relieved to not have to pretend any longer!

Counting down the hours til our scan now......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Vaquita wrote: »
    We have our 12 week scan this evening. I'm so excited. Is it just like a normal ultrasound but the Dr takes a bit longer?

Did you get a pic to take home?

We were lucky to get an ultrasound at 4 weeks to confirm location of sac and at 7 weeks to confirm heartbeat but they were over in a flash and we didn't get a picture or anything like that.

Looking forward to telling our friends and families now, but kind of going to miss this little secret that we have been keeping. Does that sound weird?

Have had 3 different (normally would be very boozy) Christmas parties the last 2 weeks so am relieved to not have to pretend any longer!

Counting down the hours til our scan now......:D

We got a good few pictures at our one on our first but that was in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

13 weeks now and symptoms are easing finally. Had my 12 week scan and also results back from panorama and thankfully all looks good. Telling people now which feels good as I'm showing more and sick of trying to hide it!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

12 weeks today. Have scan on Monday when I'll feel officially like i should be telling people but in reality loads of people know. Loads in my office too and have Christmas party on Friday and not going to bother with pretending to sip at some wine. A bit different than first time round. Can't eat anything before my commute or I feel like I'm going to throw up among the throngs on Westland Row. Hoping that dies down soon but think it lingered on last time.

• Advertisement

How is everyone doing?

I had my scan last week and my booking appt this morning and all is now very real! I'm 13 weeks tomorrow so tracking behind most of you I think!

I'm only 14 weeks and 2 today so I'm not that much ahead :)

I get you on the feeling real thing, now that we have started telling people its hit me!

moleary20 delighted to hear that as I know you had been worried :-)

I'm 14+5 today. My nausea has lingered a bit, some days I think its gone and then it reappears but yesterday was pretty good and so far so good today, so I'm really really hoping at this stage that its at an end (i'm touching any and all wood I can see!)

So looking forward to the break now for Christmas. Our toddler has an awful cold and I also think possibly getting molars so there's been a lot of bad nights lately and I'm just so ready to just shut down for 2 weeks!

I'm much bigger much earlier this time, so can't hide it anymore! Think nearly everyone knows at this stage!

jaja321 wrote: »
    moleary20 delighted to hear that as I know you had been worried :-)

I'm 14+5 today. My nausea has lingered a bit, some days I think its gone and then it reappears but yesterday was pretty good and so far so good today, so I'm really really hoping at this stage that its at an end (i'm touching any and all wood I can see!)

So looking forward to the break now for Christmas. Our toddler has an awful cold and I also think possibly getting molars so there's been a lot of bad nights lately and I'm just so ready to just shut down for 2 weeks!

I'm much bigger much earlier this time, so can't hide it anymore! Think nearly everyone knows at this stage!

Thanks Jaja, could not believe it when I saw the scan. My booking appt went really well too, I had a traumatic birth last time around and they really listened to me so hopefully can put plans in place now to avoid history repeating itself.

My toddler is also acting up, mostly during the night. He has never slept through so my bar is set fairly low but absolutely doing the dog on it at the moment!! Like that not helped by colds and molars!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

16 weeks now and had my appointment again this morning.
    Everything looks well, very happy all is okay. Even though it's "just" four weeks in between appointments you still get a little nervous at the end especially as I don't feel it yet. Though I think I felt bubbles actually.

Can't believe the next appointment is the big scan already!
    Don't have the booking appointment yet for some reason, heard today that is mid January though I don't know why they're so late with it.

Also going to try a VBAC. Quite nervous about it as my daughter was emergency section so I hope everything is going to go okay this time.
    But the doctor is willing to let me go to 42 weeks again so that's a relief, especially as I went into labour on my own a day after the due date with my daughter so I have hopes! Though I hope it will then progress as he did say that he does want to see it progress properly in order to avoid another section! Sigh.

Story for later I know, but it definitely has been on my mind since I got pregnant again.
    For now I'm happy all is well and we can start the holidays on a positive note! :D

• Advertisement

Nessel wrote: »
    Everything looks well, very happy all is okay. Even though it's "just" four weeks in between appointments you still get a little nervous at the end especially as I don't feel it yet. Though I think I felt bubbles actually.

Don't have the booking appointment yet for some reason, heard today that is mid January though I don't know why they're so late with it.

Also going to try a VBAC. Quite nervous about it as my daughter was emergency section so I hope everything is going to go okay this time.
    But the doctor is willing to let me go to 42 weeks again so that's a relief, especially as I went into labour on my own a day after the due date with my daughter so I have hopes! Though I hope it will then progress as he did say that he does want to see it progress properly in order to avoid another section! Sigh.

Story for later I know, but it definitely has been on my mind since I got pregnant again.
    For now I'm happy all is well and we can start the holidays on a positive note! :D

I think I've been feeling bubbles the last couple of days. Apparently on your second you can feel movement much earlier?!

I hear you on having concerns after a difficult time last time around. I requested my notes from my son's birth and had them with me at my booking appt because I was petrified of people fobbing me off. Luckily everything was taken on board and the midwife used them but nothing can be done to prevent a recurrence. It's hard not to worry about history repeating itself. You can only really arm yourself with information and just hope things go as you want them to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

You know more second time around (good and bad!) So.you can use it to inform yourself better.Honestly, I would do a birth plan, closer to the time.Kepp it short and to the point, note what you would like to try and what you would like to avoid.Big disclaimer at the end about how you know it is dependent on how things are going medically.

For example, I wanted to give birth in a kneeling or upright position on my second (after just assuming I would manage it and not on my first) and I noted in my plan I would like to be helped give birth upright.Keep your language open...'I would like to try to manage pain relief by doing XY,Z'/'I would prefer not to have XYZ' that kind of thing.Discuss with your doctor.And don't be afraid to speak up for yourself.

You're right about knowing more Shesty, even in the booking appointment the other day it was a wholly different affair from the first time around, even if ignorance was bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Couldn't agree more. We were so clueless on my first but would approach things so differently this time round. I'm 99% likely to opt for a section this time so that makes things much more predictable.

All good here, told work last week so that's a relief. Bump appearing so going to have to break out the mat clothes soon but glad I'll get Christmas out of my normal wardrobe!

Happy Christmas Mama's!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 willitallbeok

Hope everyone is doing well.
    We've hit 17 weeks, and all ok so far. OH has improved on the food front, less things turning her stomach and she's back eating a lot of her normal pre-pregnancy foods.
    She still has bouts of nausea now and again, so it's not all plain sailing.
    Secret is well and truly out now, just need to figure out with work in the new year what time we're both entitled to.
    I have no idea when to start planning all the necessary equipment we'll need. Anyone know how long the wait time is on travel systems?
    Are there other items that have a big lead time, or is everything mostly available in store or online?

Hope everyone is doing well.
    We've hit 17 weeks, and all ok so far. OH has improved on the food front, less things turning her stomach and she's back eating a lot of her normal pre-pregnancy foods.
    She still has bouts of nausea now and again, so it's not all plain sailing.
    Secret is well and truly out now, just need to figure out with work in the new year what time we're both entitled to.
    I have no idea when to start planning all the necessary equipment we'll need. Anyone know how long the wait time is on travel systems?
    Are there other items that have a big lead time, or is everything mostly available in store or online?

Travel system wait times vary on where you buy and what system you go for. Best to call into stores and test out a few different types and ask about lead times. If you're in the south, Tralee Nursery Stores have a great selection and the most competitive prices.

shesty wrote: »
    You know more second time around (good and bad!) So.you can use it to inform yourself better.Honestly, I would do a birth plan, closer to the time.Kepp it short and to the point, note what you would like to try and what you would like to avoid.Big disclaimer at the end about how you know it is dependent on how things are going medically.

For example, I wanted to give birth in a kneeling or upright position on my second (after just assuming I would manage it and not on my first) and I noted in my plan I would like to be helped give birth upright.Keep your language open...'I would like to try to manage pain relief by doing XY,Z'/'I would prefer not to have XYZ' that kind of thing.Discuss with your doctor.And don't be afraid to speak up for yourself.

Thanks. I have that plan made before I even got pregnant. I know so much more now that I can take more into account. It's always been open though which proved good when I had my daughter. It's a little scary speaking up against someone you think should have the right answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nessa

Hi everyone

Currently 14 +3, due 28 June. Feels mad thinking we’ll have a baby this year!!

sickness has thankfully stopped which is great but tiredness is still hanging in there.

Started buying some maternity bits as ASOS have 20% off site wide till 9pm tonight.

nessa wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Currently 14 +3, due 28 June. Feels mad thinking we’ll have a baby this year!!

sickness has thankfully stopped which is great but tiredness is still hanging in there.

Started buying some maternity bits as ASOS have 20% off site wide till 9pm tonight.

Hi Nessa - congratulations!

I'm the end of June myself also.

Made a few purchases on Asos too, H&M have a sale on some mat stuff too. Loved their jeans last time around.

moleary20 wrote: »
    Hi Nessa - congratulations!

I'm the end of June myself also.

Made a few purchases on Asos too, H&M have a sale on some mat stuff too. Loved their jeans last time around.

Oh I never thought of H&M and I need to get some jeans. Thanks for for tip

• Advertisement

Hey, how's everyone doing?!

Im finally starting to feel back to myself :D have our big scan scheduled in for 4th feb, cant wait! how is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 willitallbeok

moleary20 wrote: »
    Hey, how's everyone doing?!

Probably one of the earliest on this thread, might even be a May baby if early.
    Have big scan next week, hopefully that goes smoothly and everything developing as expected. Herself is not sleeping well, not sure how to resolve that.
    Hope everyone else doing well.

My nausea is back! Thought it was gone but not yet it seems. Really hope it doesn't last the whole pregnancy. Hope you're all doing good X

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Think my nausea is finally abating. Have had various colds for about a month though, so sick of that. Can't believe I'm 17 weeks now, seems to be flying.

Hey ladies, hope you are all feeling good. 17 weeks and the sickness is fully gone and my appetite is back which is great.

Going mad for apples 🎠and this week really wanted cereal.

Still waiting for booking visit but I rung and was told I’m on the waiting list for the consultant - seems normal in my area to have it around 20+weeks. Not long till the big scan too, hoping to hear about that soon too but going by dates it will probably be around valentines 💓

Going to start some pregnancy yoga this evening as feeling uncomfortable and think some stretches will help

My booking appointment was late too, Nessa.
    I had it at 19 weeks +5. Crazy as with my daughter it was at 13 weeks.
    This was last week and I spent 2 hours sitting there before they called my name. What a disaster. After going through my medical history and previous birth they offered for me to sit down with someone over my files. That was the first time someone acknowledged the birth was traumatising and unusual I couldn't even have skin to skin with my daughter. That was really nice to hear.

Then they wanted to check my BMI and if it was over 30 I had to do a GD test haha. I told them... I'm 19+5 weeks pregnant.. yeah I'll be a little heavier than a month or two ago, but no budging. Thank god I wasn't over 30.

Today I had my 20 week scan! <3 It took a while as they were thorough and I got a little nervous, but then she said everything looked healthy as far as they could see which was amazing to hear! Such a relief!
    Then we also found out the gender!! We're now having a boy! I'm so excited. Everyone in our families is convinced it will be a girl so I'm going to have a blast.
    Then the funny bit, they wanted to recheck my BMI as it might have been wrong previously (the midwife was convinced I would be over 30 for some reason) and it was still the same as last week. Thank goodness I won't have to come back for that test. :)

So I'm in a super happy mood right now! I feel blessed with our beautiful daughter and a healthy pregnancy so far.

We also got a lot of pictures from today! That was my quick update for today ^_^

My booking appointment was late too, Nessa.
    I had it at 19 weeks +5. Crazy as with my daughter it was at 13 weeks.
    This was last week and I spent 2 hours sitting there before they called my name. What a disaster. After going through my medical history and previous birth they offered for me to sit down with someone over my files. That was the first time someone acknowledged the birth was traumatising and unusual I couldn't even have skin to skin with my daughter. That was really nice to hear.

Then they wanted to check my BMI and if it was over 30 I had to do a GD test haha. I told them... I'm 19+5 weeks pregnant.. yeah I'll be a little heavier than a month or two ago, but no budging. Thank god I wasn't over 30.

Today I had my 20 week scan! <3 It took a while as they were thorough and I got a little nervous, but then she said everything looked healthy as far as they could see which was amazing to hear! Such a relief!
    Then we also found out the gender!! We're now having a boy! I'm so excited. Everyone in our families is convinced it will be a girl so I'm going to have a blast.
    Then the funny bit, they wanted to recheck my BMI as it might have been wrong previously (the midwife was convinced I would be over 30 for some reason) and it was still the same as last week. Thank goodness I won't have to come back for that test. :)

So I'm in a super happy mood right now! I feel blessed with our beautiful daughter and a healthy pregnancy so far.

We also got a lot of pictures from today! That was my quick update for today ^_^

Would you believe I just got a call about 30 minutes ago. Apparently there’s a backlog and they also had the wrong phone number for me. Midwife is going to see me Monday at 2. And hopefully the consultant on the Wednesday, if not the following Wednesday.

She said they’ll organise my 20 week scan then too.

Can’t believe they said that about your bmi. I’m short and will be 18 weeks when they see me so god knows what my bmi will be.

A little boy, congrats. I’ve a feeling I’m having a boy where family think it’s a girl. I don’t mind at all, as long as all is ok

Had my anomaly scan yesterday, all looking good :) has anyone else gone for theirs yet?

• Advertisement

I have mine on the 18th Feb so less than two weeks. Can’t wait

Advertisement