Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Had mine today. Everything looking good! Can't believe I'm half way there!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Yes, had mine last week. All good! Baby is moving a LOT! Feeling much better now thankfully, although still super tired. But think that's just a permanent state! I am so unprepared for the arrival of this little one!! Hope you are all feeling good x

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Girl_harbour

Is anyone leaving it a surprise to find out what it is? I couldnt and had to find out :pac: makes it that bit more real I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

24 weeks.now and in for GTT in 4 weeks time. Feeling great though really, it's flying! Enjoying this second trimester buzz for as long as it's available. Third tri is hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Had my anatomy scan today. Baby is measuring a few days behind but nothing showed up anyway!

Had an amazing appt with a consultant yesterday (going public) and a plan is in place for delivery to avoid previous complications - it has taken a lot off my mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

Does anyone have baby brain?
    I had a serious case earlier today.
    Was at the GP for the first of my regular checks and I left my urine sample in the car... (and had my daughter with me without her bags/buggy) so I had to run out to grab the sample from the car. Luckily I didn't park that far away.
    But when I was back, caught my breath after running with her in my arms, I noticed I grabbed an empty bottle instead of the actual sample! I could facepalm so hard and felt so disorganised! Luckily my appointment went pretty on time and fast so I didn't hold anything up haha.

Nessel wrote: »
    Does anyone have baby brain?
    I had a serious case earlier today.
    Was at the GP for the first of my regular checks and I left my urine sample in the car... (and had my daughter with me without her bags/buggy) so I had to run out to grab the sample from the car. Luckily I didn't park that far away.
    But when I was back, caught my breath after running with her in my arms, I noticed I grabbed an empty bottle instead of the actual sample! I could facepalm so hard and felt so disorganised! Luckily my appointment went pretty on time and fast so I didn't hold anything up haha.

I still don't have full brain functionality back since having my first 2.5 years ago. Totally forgot to make his lunch for his childminders on Friday, off out the door and it didn't even dawn on me until my OH said the childminder said it to him. Totally headless.

I'm getting so clumsy - keep knocking stuff over etc. Spilled a cup of hot tea all over the couch the other day. Just fell out of my hand!

Hope everyone is doing okay in the middle of all this chaos!

moleary20 wrote: »

Slightly anxious to be honest and facing up to the reality of potentially doing this all on my own. But staying indoors as much as possible and hoping for the best for us all. 🀞

• Advertisement

moleary20 wrote: »

Slightly anxious to be honest and facing up to the reality of potentially doing this all on my own. But staying indoors as much as possible and hoping for the best for us all. 🀞

im glad we have a bit of time for things to hopefully calm down. i know someone who is due next week and is going to a hospital where the father cant even come to the birth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

im glad we have a bit of time for things to hopefully calm down. i know someone who is due next week and is going to a hospital where the father cant even come to the birth

Sorry to jump in from Sept thread.. is that Mullingar? Or are other hospitals stopping partners from attending the birth?

im glad we have a bit of time for things to hopefully calm down. i know someone who is due next week and is going to a hospital where the father cant even come to the birth :(

That is so tough. I know most of the maternity hospitals in Dublin are allowing partners in for delivery but not after. I can't imagine going through delivery on my own. Virtual hugs to anyone facing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Sorry to jump in from Sept thread.. is that Mullingar? Or are other hospitals stopping partners from attending the birth?

I think it is just Mullingar. The hse website was updated earlier today :

https://www2.hse.ie/services/hospital-service-disruptions/hospital-service-disruptions-covid19.html

Nickibaby* wrote: »
    I think it is just Mullingar. The hse website was updated earlier today :

https://www2.hse.ie/services/hospital-service-disruptions/hospital-service-disruptions-covid19.html

Yeah it's mullingar. Wonder if the Dublin hospitals will be as strict especially after all the women testing positive in rotunda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I got the impression from the article I read that there are 10 people attending the Rotunda who are positive. My impression was that they picked it up via community transmission rather than at the hospital. They said none of the staff that tested positive are known to have picked it up in the Rotunda itself. I guess it’s inevitable that you would have some patients of the Rotunda who would contract it at some point.
    Also not sure of the validity of this claim, but someone told me even in hospitals where they said no partners for the birth, they let them in for the last stage of labour, to see the birth like. Not sure how true that is though. I wonder would anyone with experience in those hospitals confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 willitallbeok

How's everyone doing?
    Has anyone started bag prep yet?
    Herself is first week of June, so almost at 32 weeks now.
    Trying to find everything online is troubling enough when it's your first and you haven't got any of the necessary bits.

How's everyone doing?
    Trying to find everything online is troubling enough when it's your first and you haven't got any of the necessary bits.

Nope, haven't started doing any bag prep yet. Am kind of waiting to see how long the lockdown goes on for. I have a tonne of newborn and baby clothes and a baby car seat in my mums house in Galway (I am in Dublin) and am hoping to be able to get those before the baby is born! I haven't started looking at all the other stuff yet but will in the next few weeks. Boots are sold out of a lot of things at the mo so just kind of holding off.

I'll start to panic when I hit May!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I put in an order on amazon for the little bits like breast pads, nappies, a nightlight, a monitor - can’t remember what else but it clocked up a fair bill! I was afraid that there would be long wait times on delivery but it wasn’t too bad. Only 2-3 weeks for most stuff. I would’ve preferred not to use amazon but boots were out of most stuff. As far as clothes goes, I put in an order online too for basics. I had a crib and pram luckily from my daughter so didn’t need to make any huge purchases.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing?

Working on it myself. I have bits and pieces in it, but not at all the full bag done. I remember downloading a list from everymum that was very helpful for my first baby.

How's everyone else doing in these times?
    I had another ultrasound this morning and it was so nice to see the little one.
    It's moving quite a bit and last Sunday it actually hit a sore spot near my section scar. I was afraid it might cause an issue, but thank goodness the doc said it's all okay and checked the scar itself too and said that looked good. That was a relief.

He also said that despite messages that the baby would be taken away from the mother for two weeks as goes around instead they'd leave the baby with the mother though the mother does need to wear a mask (if she's sick I mean).
    Not planning on getting sick however as I'm doing everything I can to stay in as much as possible (or taken the daughter out in the garden to play). :)

Back still doesn't hurt either which was different with my daughter, but I guess it's because of carrying her so much that it's gotten a bit stronger.

I'm going for a vbac and while I'm scared a section will happen again I feel reasonably positive about it all. Fingers crossed. Not long now ladies!

Haven't started the bag yet but might make some headway on it this weekend... still kind of in denial that another baby is en route :D

Back in the hospital next week so hopefully will have a date for a section then - may end up in the May thread yet depending on dates!!

Hope everyone feeling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vaquita

Hi everyone! How are we all doing?

Im 33 weeks now and starting to feel achey and tired all the time. Feet starting to swell in the evenings.

Had a recent check up where the Dr told me to slow down weight gain and that baby was measuring very big so trying to watch what I eat but at the same feel very hard done by as Iv been very healthy and exercising well so far anyway with the odd sweet treat. Have put on 10kg so far.

Has anyone got a list for newborn clothes? Its my first baby and not living near any family or friends so starting from 0. No idea where to start and feeling overwhelmed especially with long delivery times.

Think I have most of the equipment covered but looking at where to start with tiny clothes now. If baby is measuring big, should I be buying mostly 0-3mths? Forget about tiny baby sizing? How much do I really need? Want to be sensible but also not to be running out of things in the first few weeks .

Thanks!

I'd go straight to 0-3 if you think baby may be a larger one. Gap do zip babygros which are super handy, m and s have good quality ones too.

Really at the start, all you need are vests, babygros, bibs and lots of muslin cloths! Maybe one or two "nice" outfits but they're hassle and right now, we probably won't have many visitors.

Hey ladies, not long now before it's our month! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi ladies!

I'm not due until the 21st but getting hospital bags packed and ready this weekend, just in case.

How is everyone feeling? Sleep has gone out the window for me now. I have several naps during the day but just cannot get comfortable in bed for a long sleep at night. Guess its a good way to practice for broken sleep over next few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 willitallbeok

38+2 now, counting down the days.
    Bags packed, last few bits needed from the pharmacy and been told by consultant that he won't let herself go more than a week over.
    We may yet be moving to the May thread if he comes early.

On the clothes front, we have some small newborn, normal newborn and then 0-3 months.
    That's because when we ordered clothes, he was measuring small but has since grown a bit at the last scan. Another next week will give us a better idea of what to expect from here.

Have done a few online classes, some better than others, must get the birth plan done and add to the bag today.

Hi everyone. Our baby decided to not wait until June after all and was born 31 May 17:46 6lbs 13oz.
    Lucas Nathaniel.

I even got my wish of a Vbac so I couldn't be happier right now. ❤️

His due date was 6th of June.

Congratulations! What a beautiful name and amazing you got the VBAC experience you wanted! Take care!

• Advertisement

Only getting around to posting this now. Baby girl arrived last week, healthy and happy. Loving the newborn snuggles!

Advertisement