If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k OLED buying

Options
  • 05-10-2019 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was thinking about upgrading my 10year old LCD to OLED - when I looked into this last year LG B8 seemed to be the right combination of price/quality for me.

It's a year later so things change - looking for a recomendation for a 55 inch OLED 4k TV, would need to have a center stand for the TV(not the legs at either end but in the middle). Ideally looking for something around €1200.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was thinking about upgrading my 10year old LCD to OLED - when I looked into this last year LG B8 seemed to be the right combination of price/quality for me.

It's a year later so things change - looking for a recomendation for a 55 inch OLED 4k TV, would need to have a center stand for the TV(not the legs at either end but in the middle). Ideally looking for something around €1200.

Thanks
    Hi jogdish,

If you're looking for a good OLED around that price, the Panasonic TX55FZ802 would be the best bet at 1299 euro. It's last years model but it has a cracking panel which is on par with the LGs and I have a few left in the warehouse!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203402-panasonic-tx55fz802b-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

If you're looking for a new LG, the new B9 is currently down to 1499 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204255-lg-oled55b9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Both have central stands as well.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi again, sorry so long in getting back.

If I purchase with your company how does delivery and returns/guarantee work given than I am in ROI ?

Hi we can arrange to have the unit delivered to yourself via courier.  The Tv will be covered by our six year warranty and if you are unfortunate to require a repair we can arrange for the manufactures service agents to call and effect a repair. 

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi we can arrange to have the unit delivered to yourself via courier.  The Tv will be covered by our six year warranty and if you are unfortunate to require a repair we can arrange for the manufactures service agents to call and effect a repair. 

Regards Stephen
    How much does delivery cost to ROI and should a return be needed, how much would that cost?

jogdish wrote: »

Regards Stephen
    How much does delivery cost to ROI and should a return be needed, how much would that cost?
    We would deliver the TV free off charge.  If you change your mind about the tv and wish to return it then you will have to arrange to get it back to us.  Naturally if the tv is actually faulty in the first 30 days we will arrange to have it collected at our expense and replaced or refunded whichever you want

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...apologies jogdish.. Just to clarify Stephen's post..

If you purchase in Euro then delivery is included - generally if you purchase in GBP then there is a £6.99 delivery charge.

If you purchase online and decide within the first 14 days that you don't want the TV you can return it to us at your expense ( once of course it is still 'as new' and absolutely complete with all accessories and packaging!)

If you have a fault within the 6 year period ( outside the initial first 60 days) then we send an engineer out to you or arrange collection of your TV - you do not have to send it back to us..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.