Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat

• 05-10-2019 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

How's it going! Rather than run an individual thread for one question. I didn't see a general Chit chat thread so decided to go for it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with all the red ex London buses going around Maynooth/Lexlip?

Are they Go Ahead operated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Csalem

They are doing a shuttle service for construction workers at a project on the Intel site. Callinan's of Galway are operating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Muller1991

Seen a few around the tallaght are also that are not belonging to Go-Ahead, Is there a Tallaght Shuttle to Intel too ?

Go-Ahead did bring a handful over from London for driver-training. The Go-Ahead ones afaik are Dublin reg and have L plates while the Callinan ones are G reg.

Callinans were also running a shuttle from Weston Airport near Lucan, or at least using it to park buses.

This is a Go-Ahead trainer:
    46876129314_6a86c3f307_c.jpg06 D 123599 O'Connell Street 12/04/19 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

I have posted a photo of the M3 Parkway shuttles in photo thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111443859&postcount=1157

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

That's them alright. What's interesting, do they not have to display the owners details etc on the sides like we see on other operators?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JC02

I know it's been a while since someone posted on this thread, but SG185 (a Harristown bus) was operating the 130 (a Clontarf route) today.

Advertisement