Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Novice Cross Country - 15th Dec 2019

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I can't link the graphics/text here, but just to summarise:-

Juveniles and parents/coaches are being directed to park at the M3 Parkway and take shuttle buses from there.

Adults are advised to park in Dunboyne AC or school car parks.

Course is also different to the link above.

Men run 4 x 1500m laps - one U-bend in the top field, and one in the bottom field, have been taken out. Good in that there are less turns than I was anticipating, bad in that it increases the chances of slowies like me getting lapped.

Women run one 1000m lap (Lap A in my earlier link) and then 2 x 1500m laps as above.

Good luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Is there free entry to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Sacksian wrote: »
    I ran it in 2013 for the Leinster Masters and did not enjoy it (although we did win a team medal), so not looking forward to a return.

It's got ridiculously competitive in recent years but (and it's a big 'but' because there are always drop-outs between the entry list and the start line) I think we have a chance of scoring below 100 this year - mainly down to our top two or three, but also a good few guys around a similar standard who will be gunning for fourth scorer.

Twas a hard slog out there yesterday again. Personally, a little disappointed but my expectations were a little lower due to having a virus over the last 2 weeks so probably did about as well as I could have hoped. It was less about racing yesterday and more about blind stubbornness to get around the course.

Superb team gold from Leevale. They really seemed to attack it as a team and they came flying by me after around half a mile in formation. The way they packed really well proved important in the end as they won it on count back from Ennis who had the individual winner in the team.

Its the kind of performance I think we could put in as a club if all the stars aligned so it gives me a little hope. We're already planning for next December :D

Again, such a superb race and its a real pity that its only once a year. Great way to finish off the running year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Well done, KU. Yeah, I take back everything I said about Cow Park! The course for the Men's Novice was just a mudbath, but it made for a really good watch. I tweaked my calf during the week so forced to sit it out (apparently 30 x 200 indoors is not a race-week session, who knew?!).

As for my prediction of team medals, the guy who would have been our first scorer was struck down with a bug on Thursday (and we were missing 2 other potential scorers). We would have been close to a medal with him but, yes, it definitely whetted my appetite to be in shape for it in 2020.

Advertisement