Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

NIMAN wrote: »
    I would guess many on here who are saying, "sure they are doing no harm, nothing to see here" would be the first to be shouting and ranting if there was a similar video that was anti-black or anti-gay.

I disagree there Niman, I think posters that are fine with this would be fine with the anti-black or anti-gay sentiment as well.

It's all "free speech", you can say whatever you like as long as I agree with you.

When Justin dressed as an arab 25 years ago though, jaysis, should be shot at dawn. Why? Because he's a liberal. :rolleyes:

mariaalice wrote: »
    The fact that they are civil servants is a big part of it. Anyone working for the state has to uphold a higher standard than normal. I don't think they should be fired but there should be consequences.

Agreed, if one is indeed a teacher I certainly wouldn't like him teaching my kids.

If he worked in a fish factory, off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I don't get the outrage ?

Saying **** the pope ? Well the pope does preside over the largest pedophile ring in the history.... The IRA are a terrorist organisation ? While I'm not to fond of many Unionist beliefs, this is grand

piplip87 wrote: »
    I don't get the outrage ?

Saying **** the pope ? Well the pope does preside over the largest pedophile ring in the history.... The IRA are a terrorist organisation ? While I'm not to fond of many Unionist beliefs, this is grand

This post might as well be a copy and paste it's been repeated so many times. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

pinkyeye wrote: »
    This post might as well be a copy and paste it's been repeated so many times. :rolleyes:
    Evidently, not often enough.

Should we set it to music?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

How small must your world be to only have guests are your wedding who share your values and loyalties.

That is one of the saddest posts I've ever read here.

Inviting people who share your values and loyalties to your wedding is surely the whole point of wanting people who share your values and loyalties to share in your happiness. I wouldn’t want anyone at my wedding who didn’t share my values and loyalties.

I'm shocked by this video because whilst people have often told me how backward folks are up the north I've honestly never met anyone like that from the north and I've met plenty.

How small must your world be that in spite of meeting plenty of people up north, you have never met anyone like the people in the video? It really shouldn’t come as a shock to you that there are plenty of people up north who are indeed like the people in the video, a few of them gathered for the couples wedding and all.

Personally if I was a guest at that wedding I'd have left right there and then regardless of what side of the fence I was on because it's a day for happiness not hatred.

Right, so you’ll walk out of a wedding if there are people there who don’t share your values and loyalties, but you think I live in a small, sad world because I wouldn’t want people at my wedding who don’t share my values and loyalties. Thats precisely why I wouldn’t want people at my wedding who don’t share my values and loyalties - because they wouldn’t be welcome, and their indignant walkout in protest at my behaviour which they do not approve of, could ruin what would be supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

So..the IRA are the goodies now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kingstevii

The bride and many in crowd seem to be on something. From the clip I suspect meth and cocaine - police need to investigate that whole wedding. People are saying she’s a nurse? Would she have access to hard drugs through her work?

Also. Is it not suspicious that they entered to simply the best - this is a “slogan” for one of the loyalist terrorist groups - it would make one wonder are they signaling their membership of the group if they have it as the “main song” of their wedding. Lots there for the PSNI to go on.

Why would you aspect they're on meths?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭mehico

Also, I wouldn’t put too much stock in the “getting fired” line. They are from the north so there’s a very good chance they are either unemployed or British civil servants, so highly unlikely they’ll face any “sanctions”.

Bit harsh considering NI has lower unemployment rate than ROI.

Im with the bride and groom here.

F**k paedophile protectors and cold blooded murdering organisations..

No you are not, not if you are Irish. Because they were singing about you.

• Advertisement

Inviting people who share your values and loyalties to your wedding is surely the whole point of wanting people who share your values and loyalties to share in your happiness. I wouldn’t want anyone at my wedding who didn’t share my values and loyalties.

How small must your world be that in spite of meeting plenty of people up north, you have never met anyone like the people in the video? It really shouldn’t come as a shock to you that there are plenty of people up north who are indeed like the people in the video, a few of them gathered for the couples wedding and all.

Right, so you’ll walk out of a wedding if there are people there who don’t share your values and loyalties, but you think I live in a small, sad world because I wouldn’t want people at my wedding who don’t share my values and loyalties. Thats precisely why I wouldn’t want people at my wedding who don’t share my values and loyalties - because they wouldn’t be welcome, and their indignant walkout in protest at my behaviour which they do not approve of, could ruin what would be supposed to be one of the happiest days of my life.

Yeah, meh, can't be bothered. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fatknacker wrote: »

Of course they aren't.

Appears half the people on this thread don't understand what is going on here at all.

For the final time, this song is causing people offence, even if they don't like the Pope or support republican terrorism.

Its not about the church, the pope or the IRA. Its about bigotry, hatred of people who work with you or don't share your views.

Are they entitled to hold these views? Of course they are. People can hold whatever views they want privately. But if your views go public, then you have to be prepared for any consequences that come after.

Remember the rugby player who had an anti-gay rant. He got the sack, and basically his career ended because he publicly expressed his views.

anewme wrote: »
    Playing devils advocate here.

Could it be naive rather than hate driven?

She is clearly a massive rangers fan from her online presence so could it be that this is her favourite song and they are just the bits that are added (when you are a rangers fan)

Same as the eejits who say "up the ra" etc.

Stupid rather than hateful.

She does not come across as hate driven in the other video. Maybe its just hidden well.

The song was once used as an anthem by Johnny Adair and his UDA 'C Company' and is regularly adopted by loyalists.

Btw, how drunk do you have to be at that time of the evening to make a show of yourself like that???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Not sure what the problem is. I don't like the pope or the IRA either. I wouldn't be singing it at my wedding though.

Do you prefer the UDA and UVF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

fatknacker wrote: »

They always have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I can't understand what business your opinion that you express in private at a private function filmed without your knowledge is to your employer.

It's very sinister. I am much more horified and offended by that.

I wouldn't care if someone was absolute pig in their spare time as long as they do their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

No you are not, not if you are Irish. Because they were singing about you.

The “mrs” looks like a bucket of melted lego,and the “mr” looks like a 100% certified child predator. I don’t think anybodys feelings need to be fearful of offense from these cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

mehico wrote: »
    Bit harsh considering NI has lower unemployment rate than ROI.

Not really considering the level of public sector workers up there.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Balf

Appears half the people on this thread don't understand what is going on here at all.
    You're struggling with the reality that what's happening here is understood. We're just suggesting that the couple aren't the only people who could benefit from a change in perspective.
    For the final time, this song is causing people offence, even if they don't like the Pope or support republican terrorism.
    "So why do I let it bother me?" is a good question for those folk to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I can't understand what business your opinion that you express in private at a private function filmed without your knowledge is to your employer.

I wouldn't care if someone was absolute pig in their spare time as long as they do their job.

Morality clauses are included in most employment contracts nowadays and that’s why incidents such as this will be of great interest to their employers. Employers have their reputation to protect and so while it might not matter to you if someone was a pig in their spare time as long as they do their job, it could matter very much to their employers that they aren’t behaving like pigs and sullying the reputation of their employers by association.

Employers nowadays are very quick to respond to their employees behaviour which might damage their reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Not really considering the level of public sector workers up there.
    I think it is over 30 percent crazy figure tbh
    I think Tesco is about the second highest!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

What I cant understand is why the Groom seems so happy that his new Bride wants to F@@k the Pope on their wedding night??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,126 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So just to be clear, if the teacher or sports coach of your 13 year old child or nephew appeared on Newstalk as a spokesperson for the new Irish branch of NAMBLA or equivalent group that wants to lower the age of sexual consent to 12 and support adult /child sexual relationships, you would see any incompatibility between their public and professional roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I mean no doubt that the couple and their guests are ignorant sectarian thickos. But it's a very catchy tune to be fair I've been humming it all morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Well, maybe those 'people' need to get over themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's such incredibly depressing bullsh!t that we're living in an era in which it's just casually accepted that one's behaviour in one's off-the-clock free time is within the remit of one's employer to penalise in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

So just to be clear, if the teacher or sports coach of your 13 year old child or nephew appeared on Newstalk as a spokesperson for the new Irish branch of NAMBLA or equivalent group that wants to lower the age of sexual consent to 12 and support adult /child sexual relationships, you would see any incompatibility between their public and professional roles?
    Did I not say private function? Is a radio station expressing your opinion in private?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's such incredibly depressing bullsh!t that we're living in an era in which it's just casually accepted that one's behaviour in one's off-the-clock free time is within the remit of one's employer to penalise in any way.

It's a known anti-catholic chant associated with loyalist paramilitaries. To have that as your entrance song at your wedding at a hotel, encouraging audience participation? Not hard to blame an employer of public servants, who work in the field of education and healthcare, to take issue with someone who would do such a thing. I'm not saying they should be sacked by the way, but to pretend that people in any position should have the unlimited right for their workplace to be immune from their actions in their own time is absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Simply the best - the song they choose to enter their wedding to.

Are they signaling to the guests that they are members of -or at the very least - supporters of one of the most notorious loyalist death squads in NI?

PSNI need to get on this ASAP.

Advertisement