Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

What has your pathetic rant got to do with the topic of this thread?
    It's quite simple if you are going to engage in sectarianism be sure to tell all your bigoted friends not to share the nastiness online, for others to see. Although in a hotel which is considered a public place pretty stupid. The Orange hall was probably unavailable.
    As I said you want engage 'if' be my guest knock yourself out but I'll pass.
    No idea how to respond to this stupidity.
    I never had racist comments directed at me , but I have no problem labelling a racist the name they deserve likewise I see sectarians I'm happy to label them the label they deserve. Actually I have called people both racist and sectarians to their face but of course you only have an anonymous posters word for that.

So from your reading your contributions, it is all very fine to insult, abuse, deride and mock people so long as it isn’t sectarian or racist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote: »
    So from your reading your contributions, it is all very fine to insult, abuse, deride and mock people so long as it isn’t sectarian or racist?

Any comment on the subject of the thread?

Any comment on the subject of the thread?

I’ve had plenty to say, the couple were wrong but the mob wanting them to lose their jobs are wrong too.

I never said people were wrong to be annoyed by it or not to like it. I commented on the permanently outraged that piled on the bandwagon. I am annoyed by the video, I dislike the video, hence I called for an appropriate penalty to reflect the nature of the offence and the status of the individual.

What I did criticise was the kneejerk hang 'em and flog 'em from the permanently outraged who jumped on the bandwagon and overreacted. They are ordinary public servants, not Councillor McElduff or any other public figure. They shouldn't be fired, they should be disciplined, and they should undergo education and training. That is the appropriate, even-handed approach. The only ones who disagree are those who have let the red mist rise behind their green-tinted glasses.

You really have a serious problem with people that have a different opinion and experience to you. The arrogance that drips from the majority of your comments is incredible. Time to stick you on the ignore list , short list but you've earned your place.

You really have a serious problem with people that have a different opinion and experience to you. The arrogance that drips from the majority of your comments is incredible. Time to stick you on the ignore list , short list but you've earned your place.

I think that’s the easy way of avoiding answering a question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,082 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It took a while, but this thread was always going to be Godwined by some nationalist taking offence.

LOL

I haven't taken offence to anything, why would I their bigotry is clearly aimed at Northern nationalists. I just think they're a pair of bigoted twats.
    If there was a unity poll tomorrow I'd vote no.

Thinking it's OK to dehumanise or kill people on the basis of their religion/ethnic origin is pretty much exactly what the Nazis did. And the Shankill Butchers, LVF, etc. - and the IRA many times too. So the accusation of Godwining the thread is moot.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

checks out alright

But listen... I'm sure he only knew Mr Aiken in a private capacity so that's fine. I wouldn't have any concerns here at all for children under his tutelage.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

So did they get fired?

• Advertisement

You can tell alot about a person by the company they keep. Posing for a photo with a UVF killer, confirms my belief he is a sectarian piece of scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,811 ✭✭✭buried

joeguevara wrote: »
    Calling someone a psychopath for singing a song demonstrates someone that lacks emotional intelligence, no empathy for others, feelings of superiority, impulsivity and controlling behaviour ....oh wait.

Maybe if they were singing the Macarena while doing the birdy dance you would have a point. But they aren't Joe are they?
    They are psychotic sectarian trash, revelling in a brand of sectarianism that was responsible for the MURDERS of thousands of people a few years ago on the very streets they walk and "teach".
    Now we have one of them hugging a convicted Murderer like a sports star.
    Psychopath.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

You can tell alot about a person by the company they keep. Posing for a photo with a UVF killer, confirms my belief he is a sectarian piece of scum.
    Yet people will deny this, can't believe people think that the singing wasn't anti Irish abuse.

votecounts wrote: »
    Yet people will deny this, can't believe people think that the singing wasn't anti Irish abuse.

"But but but but.... it's a song"

"But but but but....he thought the UVF murderer was Eric Cantona"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I'd fire them just for getting that song stuck in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Sectarians are people too,

buried wrote: »
    Maybe if they were singing the Macarena while doing the birdy dance you would have a point. But they aren't Joe are they?
    They are psychotic sectarian trash, revelling in a brand of sectarianism that was responsible for the MURDERS of thousands of people a few years ago on the very streets they walk and "teach".
    Now we have one of them hugging a convicted Murderer like a sports star.
    Psychopath.

Wow, just wow. The hatred runs deep in some people, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Wow, just wow. The hatred runs deep in some people, doesn't it?

Yep, in the bride and groom especially. You're right there.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Yep, in the bride and groom especially. You're right there.

My post was deliberately ambiguous to allow both sides take the bait and criticise the other. Nice to see who moved first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

My post was deliberately ambiguous to allow both sides take the bait and criticise the other. Nice to see who moved first.

Wow just wow, you are a tactical genius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I wonder what the "shure it's grand" posters here reaction would be if there was a wedding video of the couple and the guests doing nazi salutes? (Not going to search, but I'm sure there is one out there...)

In their own private time, at a function centred around them and their family and friends? Absolutely. None of their employers' or indeed anyone else's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MondayBlues

I don't get the big deal to be honest. There singing a sectarian song.

No different than "come out ye black and tans" or go on "home brutish soldiers".

These are played around the republic every night of the week. Just because it was a wedding people are making a big deal of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=qv7Z41VQlbc

Complete overreaction. Go to a country pub and rebel songs are played every weekend.

Well done eating your own "bait" blanch.

"Bait" flol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

No different than "come out ye black and tans" or go on "home brutish soldiers".

These are played around the republic every night of the week. Just because it was a wedding people are making a big deal of it.

Complete overreaction. Go to a country pub and rebel songs are played every weekend.

There are some football chants as well that are fairly catchy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Go on home British Soldiers isn't a sectarian song, it's a song that's opposed to an occupying army, not a dislike of Protestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MondayBlues

FTA69 wrote: »
    Go on home British Soldiers isn't a sectarian song, it's a song that's opposed to an occupying army, not a dislike of Protestants.

“So get out British Bastards leave us be”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The faux outrage on here is extraordinary.

Posters who can’t bring themselves to condemn a councillor who knocked out his love rival’s front teeth in a premeditated attack are climbing over themselves to get ordinary people fired from their job for singing a song.

You couldn’t make it up.

You're the biggest hypocrite on Boards as regards this and other issues relating to the north.

People giving out or criticising them are 'outraged' are they? Pretending to be 'outraged'? Can't people not just say they thought they were ignorant idiots? No need to exaggerate to help your bias. So we should ignore them being a teacher and a nurse as an irrelevance, but a completely unrelated incident involving a SF Councillor is relevant how exactly? Can you give one credible link?
    Can you quote one poster who condoned that violence in your FG TD's/Senators on the make again distraction thread, (which backfired hilariously)?

You know the Pope and the IRA related to Catholics/nationalists. I don't think it's uncommon, it's just these arseholes were viral on social media, hard luck. Being out in public, public going to comment. The real question is why are you bending over backwards to dismiss their behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

. Being out in public, public going to comment. The real question is why are you bending over backwards to dismiss their behaviour?

I'm gonna take a punt that it's because Blanch is a Jaffa or a TCD grad ;):D

Or just plain auld contrarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

“So get out British Bastards leave us be”

Yeah they’re referring to an army of occupation, not Protestants. The song is about the British Army hence the song title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

FTA69 wrote: »
    Yeah they’re referring to an army of occupation, not Protestants. The song is about the British Army hence the song title.

I love go on home British soldiers song. There is a great version of it from a busker singing it on Henry street. https://youtu.be/4W5Z2qL4CQ0

My favourite song is snipers promise. It's an amazing Melody and a lovely story especially the fact that he showed mercy.

Now if I understood your post you have differentiated go on home British soldiers with the wedding song because British soldiers song is in protest of a foreign military occupancy as opposed to anti Catholic.

We are in the year 2019. Do you honestly believe northern Irish define themselves by Catholicism. Is an attack on religion an attack on their country. I raise it because you argue an anti army song wasn't an anti Protestant song which was strange.

Advertisement