Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Joining the Hitler Youth as a 14 year old doesn’t make you a Nazi sympathiser. Enrolment was mandatory

Maybe you expecting this 14 year to be in the resistance living in the mountains carrying out sabotage. Like you would have done

Quite bizarre that out of all my post against popes you happen to choose the least inflamotory to question.

Ratzinger, as far as I know, was the first pope to retire rather than die on the job. I accept being a young German boy in the height of Nazi Germany would make it difficult not to be connected or even indoctrinated as a young boy.

If that was the case no issue.. But why lie about it? Especially why lie about it when questioned about it when he was pope and infallible.

He said it was a legal requirement when he joined in 41 but in fact that wasn't true. Also there was no mention of belonging to the younger Nazi groups (similar to the cubs) so why join when he was 14.

But jaysus, a young German boy being a member of a youth Nazi group is about as innocent an allegation one can put to a modern pope in comparison to the child abuse and money laundering that we know has happened and currently happening.

To call me out about my comment about ratzinger being a Nazi sympathiser is similar to calling out Jimmy Saville polluting the air with cigar smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

How will these creatures react when they stick a border down the Irish sea in the coming days?

Ah forget it, doubt they would notice until it's too late. They'll probably still be singing their songs:pac:

You do know Northern Ireland voted against Brexit and even the most staunch loyalists realize that any border in Northern Ireland is ridiculous and apart from zealots like Arlene foster who is as far removed from people from northern Ireland as can be no one wants a border.

Why use terms like creatures? No one wants a border no matter what songs they sing... But if I was a loyalist and read that people called me a creature I'd still want no border but would make me sing my song louder.

BTW I am as far from a loyalist as can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Can't make out what they are singing on this phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭NotToScale

It's more sad and even depressing than shocking. I think we all know aspects of Northern Ireland have serious issues with sectarianism and the legacy of decades of conflict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

The video wont play for me on boards or twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's Tina Turner's "You're simply the best" with "f*ck the pope and the IRA" as a part of it.

It is important to note that some will say - "well the pope and the IRA so what?" - That is NOT what these people mean.

It's code for Irish people. Nationalists as they would see them but Irish people in general.

If they heard your Dublin accent in their presence (or any 26 county accent) you would be ignored at best. Probably would not come out of it too well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

can you be fired from the dole?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Saw that video yesterday... Imagine the supposed 'happiest day of your life' and you still can't get your imaginary enemy out of your head for one evening.

Losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I, for one, am shocked that there are scumbags in Northern Ireland who hate Catholics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Can't make out what they are singing on this phone.

A version of simply the best associated with UVF supporters.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

glasso wrote: »
    can't make out wtf they are saying?

is it "fff the pope and the IRA?"

I thought, ‘up the bum with the IRA’ it’s hard hear

My take on it is that the guests just sang their version of the song and that the couple didn't actually plan it to happen but I could be all wrong .

Tbh my issue is people constantly recording at every event/occasion, its absolutely ridiculous and bugs the crap out of me ,its bad enough being told what you said or did on a night out without it also having been recorded,it actually puts me off weddings etc.Things can be completely taken out of context afterwards, again I've no idea what that couples plan was but it could have just been to play that song at their entrance...honestly phones cause immense trouble for people with photos and recordings imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I know plenty about NI and sectarianism. I also know that this was a private function and the bride and groom are not public figures. I’ve also never been to a wedding where there wasn’t a rabble rousing sing song. I’ve been to weddings where far more serious **** than this went down, but then none of it was posted on social media by some arsehole. Maybe that’s what I’m missing.

What sort of weddings do you be going to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why do they want to have sex with the Pope and the IRA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

blinding wrote: »

With children present, they should have changed it to "cuddle the Pope and the IRA".

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

The real travesty is that blue dress one of the guests was wearing at the end of the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

blinding wrote: »
    Because they are just so damn sexy

Sometimes hints that she is not a Virgin for the white dress .

Guy Person wrote: »
    Because they are just so damn sexy
    Probably something repressed going on there alright ! :D:D

• Advertisement

More likely than not, they’re employed by a family owned business who were probably at the wedding singing along with them so no, I’d doubt they will be fired on Monday OP
    Is it some sort of Outreach Business ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

lawred2 wrote: »
    What sort of weddings do you be going to?
    Red ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I would imagine at this stage of the viral cycle they’re not too bothered about losing their jobs. I would thinks in unavoidable now that a certain organization will have seen this and be intent on making an example of them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they find themselves bound, gagged and bundled in to the boot of a car before being tortured in an abandoned warehouse where they’ll eventually be kneecapped.

They should really be afraid. The Vatican are ruthless bast4rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

its just embarrassingly cringy... shudder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Been to plenty to weddings in the North, never have seen or heard the bride and groom singing sectarian songs at any of these weddings. Pure scumbags, this couple and I hope they get whats coming to them, hateful people:(

Your Face wrote: »
    This part of what we'll get with a United Ireland
    Diversity .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone defending this on the grounds that it's OK because both the Pope and the IRA are morally questionable, is deliberately missing the point to be contrary or knows nothing about Northern Ireland, sectarianism or the peace process.

I have no respect for either the Pope or the IRA but I'm not so dumb as to not recognise dangerous sectarianism and bigotry when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anyone defending this on the grounds that it's OK because both the Pope and the IRA are morally questionable, is deliberately missing the point to be contrary or knows nothing about Northern Ireland, sectarianism or the peace process.

Like I said it is code for ALL Irish people. Those saying "but the pope" or "but the IRA" do not see the point.

If they (the people filmed) heard a 26 county accent in their presence you know what way it is going. It goes way beyond just the IRA and the Pope.

The entertainment at Brother ~ Sister / Father ~ Daughter weddings can be a bit weird !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I don’t think they’ll be fired for the simple reason that they most likely are unemployed scumbags who live on welfare. And if by some bizarre twist they do have jobs they’re most likely employed by staunch unionists who were at the wedding and sung along.

Note: I am not a Nationalist. I have the same contempt for scumbags who sign anti Unionist/Royal family songs and chants.

The only good thing that could come out of that video is that both of them might meet their knuckle dragging nationalist counterparts and they knock 7 colours of Shiite out of each other in equal measures.

Advertisement