Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Standard response to anything in 2019......let’s all show how PC we are and how disgusting everyone else is

Why do you care what people do at their wedding?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 271 ✭✭lleti

I couldn't even understand what they were saying...thought it sounded like the tune of Simply The Best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I know plenty about NI and sectarianism. I also know that this was a private function and the bride and groom are not public figures. I’ve also never been to a wedding where there wasn’t a rabble rousing sing song. I’ve been to weddings where far more serious **** than this went down, but then none of it was posted on social media by some arsehole. Maybe that’s what I’m missing.

Wow, sounds like you need to mix in a different social circle to be honest, the crowd you currently mix with seem like a right lot of scum :( It doesn't have to be like that. There are better people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

No chance they're getting sacked. Most likely work for like minded bigots who would encourage such behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Doubt they are getting fired on Monday...Sure they will be on honeymoon.

Also it was a private function and was their wedding, leave them at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I don’t see how people don’t get the fact it’s not literally the pope and IRA these fine folks are singing against..they are taking a pop at all catholics or wider again all Irish people.. most decent Irish people would rightly condemn both the IRA and the Catholic Church .. these knuckle draggers associate both Catholic Church and IRA as Catholic Ireland so it’s definitely sectarian.
    I see on a Twitter post the hotel in question has made a statement and has said hotel employees are of various religious backgrounds and probably had a number of Catholic’s working at the time. They have condemned the actions of this wedding party completely.

lleti wrote: »
    I couldn't even understand what they were saying...thought it sounded like the tune of Simply The Best.

Does it matter what they are singing? It’s their wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Lets be honest why would you expect anything more from People like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

The video wont play for me on boards or twitter

Try clicking with the left.

Lets be honest why would you expect anything more from People like that?

They looked to be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They should have come out a second time saying f*ck Lizzie Windsor and the UFF just to show they weren't being one sided.

Jaysus, you'd think you could leave the bigotry and hate till the 12th of July or a session in a loyalist drinking den . Real classy people , you can see one of the mothers isn't impressed . The 'simply the best " tune is associated with the UDA .

Most people away from the border counties don't understand that they march for months. Last friday night for instance Enniskillen practically on lock down ,roads blocked etc to allow a massive loyalist parade to disrupt everyone elses life. Facilited and applauded by their mates in the RUC.(dont be taken in by the name change)

UrbanFret wrote: »
    Most people away from the border counties don't understand that they march for months. Last friday night for instance Enniskillen practically on lock down ,roads blocked etc to allow a massive loyalist parade to disrupt everyone elses life. Facilited and applauded by their mates in the RUC.(dont be taken in by the name change)

What a load of BS.....they don’t march for months......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

harr wrote: »
    I don’t see how people don’t get the fact it’s not literally the pope and IRA these fine folks are singing against..they are taking a pop at all catholics or wider again all Irish people.. most decent Irish people would rightly condemn both the IRA and the Catholic Church .. these knuckle draggers associate both Catholic Church and IRA as Catholic Ireland so it’s definitely sectarian.
    I see on a Twitter post the hotel in question has made a statement and has said hotel employees are of various religious backgrounds and probably had a number of Catholic’s working at the time. They have condemned the actions of this wedding party completely.
    So what. They said something sectarian. They are at a private function where nobody of any interest is present. They can say what they like.

Are we all filming each other now in case we say something wrong.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

They most certainly do.

harr wrote: »

I don’t see how it has anything to do with you

Calling them names says more about you than them.....

Why would staffcare? Every wedding is ful of people murdering some songs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

There are literally no words to describe how appalling this wedding is

Imagine being a guest at this

‘Appalling’ is a word :confused:

Apart from that, being asked to imagine being a guest at the wedding, I can easily imagine being a guest at that wedding, they appear to be having a good time, as one would expect to have at a wedding if one is actually one of the guests? The author of that tweet appears to be very bitter about the fact they weren’t invited to a wedding they wouldn’t have wanted to attend? It’s a bizarre complaint tbh!

I just can’t see any reason to fire them from their jobs. I was expecting to see them wreck the venue or something. A couple of sing songs is standard fare at weddings. I’m just wondering what I’m supposed to be getting that’s so wrong with what’s going on in that video.

Is there not an inciting hatred law in the UK that this is breaking?

UrbanFret wrote: »
    They most certainly do.

Yeah they do...up and down the road every day of the week.....BS

PS I lived up north and grew up on border so I know exactly how much marching they do

Guess you have no problem with Paddy days shutjnh down every village in country for everyone to get pissed and get sick all over the place?

thomasj wrote: »
    Is there not an inciting hatred law in the UK that this is breaking?

Yeah the “I’m on snowflake on social media law”

It's called a marching SEASON... Not a marching weekend.

• Advertisement

It's called a marching SEASON... Not a marching weekend.

So they are marching in October?

How long you live in Northern Irleand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are people being deliberately obtuse here or just don't see it? I have no wish for them to lose their jobs, but this is what loyalists chant at marches and get-togethers. How extreme do you have to be, to do it at your actual wedding; that sectarianism (and that's what it is) is the shared identity you want to celebrate and portray to you friends, family and children?

They can sing what they like, but it just shows them up for what they are.

Fortunately though, I work in the north and have been to a few weddings, and this isn't common from any side.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I’m outraged!!!

Actually, I’m not and I couldn’t care less. I wasn’t at the wedding, I don’t know the people and it does not effect me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Derry apprentice boys march in December. There are a few other outliers.

As the saying goes - in a debate never ask a question you don't know the answer to... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parades_in_Northern_Ireland

Orange Order day last Sunday in October.

Work there occasionally, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Are people being deliberately obtuse here or just don't see it? I have no wish for them to lose their jobs, but this is what loyalists chant at marches and get-togethers. How extreme do you have to be, to do it at your actual wedding; that sectarianism (and that's what it is) is the shared identity you want to celebrate and portray to you friends, family and children?

Fortunately though, I work in the north and have been to a few weddings, and this isn't common from any side.

It’s what they originally sang at rangers home games. Tuna turner simply the best was rangers entrance song

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wedding videos tend to be embarrassing, even if you were there! Pretty dumb stuff but their wedding. I wouldn't worry about this happy couple, Twitter will learn 'em!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Who really gives a sh*t if some random nobody nordie couple sang some naughty words in a song at their own wedding. Have you nothing better to wringing your hands over?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

is_that_so wrote: »
    Wedding videos tend to be embarrassing, even if you were there! Pretty dumb stuff but their wedding. I wouldn't worry about this happy couple, Twitter will learn 'em!:P

Seems the bride was found on Twitter and has deleted her account.

• Advertisement

It’s what they originally sang at rangers home games. Tuna turner simply the best was rangers entrance song

Hah! Which came first, chicken or the egg.

Advertisement