Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Yeah it's their life to run and ruin. I feel for the kids though having to listen to that.

Anyway, if you want to hear them sing that again they'll be in some karaoke bar in benidorm on their honeymoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If they heard your Dublin accent in their presence (or any 26 county accent) you would be ignored at best. Probably would not come out of it too well.

With the amount of people travelling up north every day to do shopping and whatnot, youd imagine thered be constant stories of being harassed or attacked so. Unless every one of them is managing to avoid these people by pure fluke?

Point out peoples issue fine, but let's not go on like the north is a no-go warzone for us in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Seems the bride was found on Twitter and has deleted her account.
    A natural reaction to the inevitable invective. I do hope she now understands the meaning of the word consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ipso wrote: »
    In fairness, the pope might have done something to them.

Well he looks better dressed all in white than ‘yer wan’ jesus..the tide wouldn’t take her out.

The mindset just goes to show you though....the biggest most important, supposed love filled day of your life, with and in front of your family, friends and everyone... you make a grand entrance singing a song about some religious lad in Rome who you’ve got fûck all to do with, who couldn’t give a rats about you..and an organization who have been on ceasefire and been irrelevant for 25 years.... this is your wedding day and these two entities are on your mind :P

HGjY.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The pope is the head of a cult who for years have raped and murdered children and covered it up.

The ira are a terrorist group who, again, for years have murdered innocent people.

**** them is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yeah they do...up and down the road every day of the week.....BS

PS I lived up north and grew up on border so I know exactly how much marching they do

Guess you have no problem with Paddy days shutjnh down every village in country for everyone to get pissed and get sick all over the place?

No I dont, its one day a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

As the saying goes - in a debate never ask a question you don't know the answer to... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parades_in_Northern_Ireland

Orange Order day last Sunday in October.

Work there occasionally, why?

Did you read the link?

So we have gone to marching all time to a few???

I always find in a debate best to know what your talking about that using google....

I lived in Enniskillen for nearly 2 years....1 Orange order march, maybe 2 in the entire time

We also had 2 Paddy Day parades which was a f**king disgrace......12 in morning and people getting sick on street

But sure that’s a good Irish parade....nobody seems to mind the children watching everyone getting hammered and falling around the place....

Quick google that and see what it says

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

is_that_so wrote: »
    A natural reaction to the inevitable invective. I do hope she now understands the meaning of the word consequences.

I'm sure they'll enjoy the honeymoon in Ibrox though :pac:

UrbanFret wrote: »
    No I dont, its one day a year.

I’m shocked you don’t

Tell us what happens after the orange men march?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Up the pope and the IRA? Bit risky singing that in the north.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Did you read the link?

I always find in a debate best to know what your talking about that using google....

I lived in Enniskillen for nearly 2 years....1 Orange order march, maybe 2 in the entire time

We also had 2 Paddy Day parades which was a f**king disgrace......12 in morning and people getting sick on street

But sure that’s a good Irish parade....nobody seems to mind the children watching everyone getting hammered and falling around the place....

In fermanagh te orange parades move from town to town so every year can be different. Like to spread the love so to speak

Did you read the link?

I always find in a debate best to know what your talking about that using

You asked a specific question and I answered it. No point trying to move the goal posts now.

However, those are the MAJOR parades listed - there are many many more as you know. Marching season... the clue is in the name.

Tell us what happens after the orange men march?

They go on the Slash

Really, you come across clueless on your own culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Did you read the link?

What about maguiresbridge,newtownbutler,lisnaskea lisbellaw etc?
    Parades are not exclusive to Enniskillen.
    Anyway we're getting away from the point of the thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who really gives a sh*t if some random nobody nordie couple sang some naughty words in a song at their own wedding. Have you nothing better to wringing your hands over?

It's a discussion forum, for discussing things. I thought my post was quite mild, and not at all "wringing your hands." Don't you even think it's a tiny bit sad that this is how they see themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭Damien360

That’s common all over Ireland. The vast majority of families including mine get out of town after some food and the parade because of this.

As for the video of the Nordies singing songs, who cares, could be Rangers supporters. It’s a song, no need to get antsy about it.

Common theme...you can’t tar everyone with the same brush for the actions of a few.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The pope is the head of a cult who for years have raped and murdered children and covered it up.

The ira are a terrorist group who, again, for years have murdered innocent people.

**** them is right.
    Why the pervy stuff in your last sentence ?

You asked a specific question and I answered it. No point trying to move the goal posts now.

However, those are the MAJOR parades listed - there are many many more as you know. Marching season... the clue is in the name.

You didn’t answer anything, you googled and found a half arsed answered and tried to pass off you knew

Unfortunately you can’t admit you haven’t a clue how many or where the march’s happen but continue to post.....who need knowledge when they can sit at a computer and google

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

What a load of BS.....they don’t march for months......

The marching season lasts 6 or 7 months. It's not just on July 12. You could be driving through a random village on a friday evening and be held up for a couple of hours.

Did you read the link?

Were you seeing double ? Careful now with your alcohol intake !

• Advertisement

They go on the Slash

Really, you come across clueless on your own culture.

My culture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Reviews and Books Galore

I wouldn't fire them tbh, and I'm saying that as a southern guy. It's stupid thing to say, but it's not really that big of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Doubt they are getting fired on Monday...Sure they will be on honeymoon.

Also it was a private function and was their wedding, leave them at it.

Apparently she is a nurse and he is a teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I'm a bit surprised this seems to have gone viral, it's a sign of a certain type and class of person tbh...imagine your intro song being this jingoistic garbage.
    I have been at a few weddings where the fields of athenry are played towards the end of the night and some people say Sinn Fein and IRA in the middle of it. But that's a tad different imo
    But purposefully having this as an intro and chanting that rubbish shows how rough the attendees are.

Btw for context I was born and raised in an area that is seen as 99 percent Catholic in the north.

blinding wrote: »
    Were you seeing double ? Careful now with your alcohol intake !

Maths not your strong subject was it

gmisk wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised this seems to have gone viral, it's a sign of a certain type and class of person tbh...imagine your intro song being this jingoistic garbage.
    I have been at a few weddings where the fields of athenry are played towards the end of the night and some people say Sinn Fein and IRA in the middle of it. But that's a tad different imo
    But purposefully having this as an intro and chanting that rubbish shows how rough the attendees are.

How is it any different?

You didn’t answer anything, you googled and found a half arsed answered and tried to pass off you knew

Unfortunately you can’t admit you haven’t a clue how many or where the march’s happen but continue to post.....who need knowledge when they can sit at a computer and google

You sir, are a moron. And that's just stating fact.

You asked a question about marching in Northern Ireland in October and I posted a link showing there is marching in October.

I have a particular interest in Northern Ireland. You asked what do they do after Orange Order marches, and the sad reality is that very many go on the piss. Many in the Orange Order disdain this, would you like a link on this if you have any doubts.

Everyone that isn't a moron knows that there are many marches, hell they even had to set up a parades commission to control and limit it. And you say you lived in Northern Ireland. You come across like someone that spent that time locked up in a basement. Clown.

Maths not your strong subject was it
    When sober I only see one St Patricks day Parade on St Patricks day .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,125 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

How is it any different?
    That couple purposefully picked that song as their intro and practically everyone joined in shouting it including them leading it...it's different to a drunken song at the end of the night with a couple of idiots sticking in Sinn Fein and IRA into it.

That song is also synonymous with a certain Terrorist organisation up north

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Anyone else think it’s nice to see Nordies smiling for once? You rarely see them ever “enjoying” themselves.

When the “good republicans” were mocking the Kingsmill Massacre there were no smiles, was all done in a, rather, gormless fashion.

Celebrating, what is supposed to be one of the “happiest” days of your life, with hate really isn’t a good start, in my opinion anyway.

Also, I wouldn’t put too much stock in the “getting fired” line. They are from the north so there’s a very good chance they are either unemployed or British civil servants, so highly unlikely they’ll face any “sanctions”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement