Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Anyone else think it’s nice to see Nordies smiling for once? You rarely see them ever “enjoying” themselves.

When the “good republicans” were mocking the Kingsmill Massacre there were no smiles, was all done in a, rather, gormless fashion.

Celebrating, what is supposed to be one of the “happiest” days of your life, with hate really isn’t a good start, in my opinion anyway.

Also, I wouldn’t put too much stock in the “getting fired” line. They are from the north so there’s a very good chance they are either unemployed or British civil servants, so highly unlikely they’ll face any “sanctions”.

Indeed. Always the possibility of a nice double promotion waiting for them after their honeymoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Jaysus im ****ed so. Regularly during sessions we will blast the wolfe tonnes or something else pro nationalist.

The prepetualy offended being offended again.

Anyway, back to the OP.

I hate to give someone clearly looking for attention the time of day - and a good few of us have fallen for it.

I don't think the couple should be fired, even if they are civil servants (it's not that that's a strange thing considering NI public sector employment levels). They do probably deserve each other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Are they Quaker.....sorry Cracker stock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

So are we allowed listen to the Wolf Tones anymore?

• Advertisement

I don't think they should be fired. Now we know what views they hold. Free speech.

The IRA are murderers and the Pope is a paedo apologist so in effect they are right.

"I I IRA **** the Queen and the UDA" was another popular chant from my childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Reminds me of a documentary made about 20 years ago called football, faith and flutes. I remember there was a bus full of old biddies singing “last night I saw the UVF making a bomb, this morning when I woke up, the chapel was gone”. I doubt any of them go into trouble for it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkfJM6DrCQ Go to 23:30 in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Im with the bride and groom here.

F**k paedophile protectors and cold blooded murdering organisations..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

The mother at the top table doesn't know where to look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Why would anyone be offended by this? Most people aren't religious anymore and most people are not avid terrorist sypmatisers anymore. What's the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

NIMAN wrote: »
    The fuss is, its on social media.
    Everything on social media is big news.

Am I bothered this couple holds these views? That they are bigots?
    No, not at all. Couldn't care less. Their views have no impact on my life, but there are already people on social media launching campaigns to have them sacked, which will likely happen now as social media mobs have so much power.

Oh, and gay cake thing is still going strong afaik, far from dead.

I never knew cakes had genders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The best way to calm a semi-feral Nordie down is to ply them with Tennents and deep fried food.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    I never knew cakes had genders.

Gay is a gender now?

I must have missed that memo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The real crime here is the one against fashion.
    That dress is fackin horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Might as well be speaking French can't understand a word in the Video

Allinall wrote: »
    Gay is a gender now?

I must have missed that memo.

A cake can't be gay without having a gender, get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Allinall

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    A cake can't be gay without having a gender, get it?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You sir, are a moron. And that's just stating fact.

You asked a question about marching in Northern Ireland in October and I posted a link showing there is marching in October.

I have a particular interest in Northern Ireland. You asked what do they do after Orange Order marches, and the sad reality is that very many go on the piss. Many in the Orange Order disdain this, would you like a link on this if you have any doubts.

Everyone that isn't a moron knows that there are many marches, hell they even had to set up a parades commission to control and limit it. And you say you lived in Northern Ireland. You come across like someone that spent that time locked up in a basement. Clown.

Ahh petty insults, always a sign of no intelligence

Even trying to say it was my culture......

Have you ever even gone to orange parade? Not say in your basement and googled it

I responded to a statement that said marching goes on all year in Enniskillen and is a huge inconvenience to the community which as pointed out is BS

You then swooped in with your google knowledge....after that it went down hill for you....

Not the first time for you and surely not the last, if I remember correctly the last time you got caught out you started insulting posters as well

As I said, best to not post if you have no idea what your talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 14,809 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Might as well be speaking French can't a word in the Video

Bahahahahaaaa!

Allinall wrote: »
    No.
    Go back to sleep then.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    That couple purposefully picked that song as their intro and practically everyone joined in shouting it including them leading it...it's different to a drunken song at the end of the night with a couple of idiots sticking in Sinn Fein and IRA into it.

That song is also synonymous with a certain Terrorist organisation up north

At every wedding the bride/groom go over the songs etc....they are asked what they like don’t like....the band DJ will not go solo in case they make a balls of it

Sticking on rebel songs and shouting ira like plonkers is no better....not sure why anyone would think it is...

Plenty of excellent Irish music out to play instead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i've been at drunken social gatherings where "Oooh Ahhh Up The RA" and "F*ck the Queen and the UDA" came out.

People freaking out that someone would dare say "f*ck the pope and the IRA"...lol, get over it.

I'm sure this couple will start their married lives together unemployed and the mob will be pacified. for now.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I responded to a statement that said marching goes on all year in Enniskillen and is a huge inconvenience to the community which as pointed out is BS

Here's the next one for you - 10/11/2019 Royal British Legion Enniskillen Enniskillen 10:40 N/A

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Its an odd one.
    I mean I have been at plenty of weddings, where the 4a.m singsong in the residents bar has turned into a drunken rebel song session ;)

But!

That's at 4a.m, its not the Bride and grooms reception entrance, its not celebrating and delighting in hatred of another's belief in magic bread or labelling terrorists as papists.
    It also isn't delighting in having every child in the place singing along.

That the Bride and groom chose to enter to a song they knew would have that refrain, that they positively delight in the chorus is a sad reflection on them and their guests.

Its their wedding, a day to celebrate their choice to share a life in love...
    That they demonstrate that to world by a live recreation of the Hun singalong from Trainspotting 2, rather than to go with an N.I great like Van or Snow Patrol?
    Says quite a bit about what brought those cousins together in matrimony ;)

Here's the next one for you - 10/11/2019 Royal British Legion Enniskillen Enniskillen 10:40 N/A

Enjoy!

Wow

With your particular interest in Northern Ireland which seemed to start over two posts, you should go to the march....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You would want to be a complete and utter moron to think that it is the actual Pope and the IRA itself that those sort of people are referring to when they sing those songs. Yet this thread is full of people who seem to think that. How ****ing stupid can you get.

Whats next, they were marching past those catholic houses because they genuinely did think that was the best route to go? :rolleyes:

Panthro wrote: »
    The real crime here is the one against fashion.
    That dress is fackin horrendous.

Her arse looks well in it though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lisha wrote: »
    Had a quick look through twitter and found a pic of their very weird wedding cake and also a statement from the hotel distancing themselves from the activities. It appears the bride is a nurse and has since deleted her twitter account.
    Seems very sad that a hatred of catholics was a theme to their wedding. Very bizarre.

Is that more “code” on the cake?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Is that more “code” on the cake?

Apparently so....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread moved to Current Affairs. Read the local charter

Advertisement