Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bride and groom getting fired on Monday

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I hate weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

i've been at drunken social gatherings where "Oooh Ahhh Up The RA" and "F*ck the Queen and the UDA" came out.

People freaking out that someone would dare say "f*ck the pope and the IRA"...lol, get over it.

I'm sure this couple will start their married lives together unemployed and the mob will be pacified. for now.

It was their entrance song at their reception - presumably they had come from a church before that. They are clearly wearing their bigotry with pride by singing that at their reception entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A part of me is looking forward to seeing London screwing Norn Ireland, those unionist will see once and for all that their beloved England doesn't give two fcuks about them...London only seemed to back them when they were killing Paddy's before & during the troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not sure what the big fuss is here. Yeah they're probably scum, but plenty of Antos and Jacintas will have played rebel songs at their weddings.

Fuss over nothing tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Presumably they have no taig friends....it's a weird place. So inward it's rather alarming that so many down here want to make them up there part of a unified state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Lisha wrote: »
    Had a quick look through twitter and found a pic of their very weird wedding cake and also a statement from the hotel distancing themselves from the activities. It appears the bride is a nurse and has since deleted her twitter account.
    Seems very sad that a hatred of catholics was a theme to their wedding. Very bizarre.
    That couldn't be really their wedding cake. Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Presumably they have no taig friends....it's a weird place. So inward it's rather alarming that so many down here want to make them up there part of a unified state.

Surely a united Ireland would mean all unionist would likely leave :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Can someone post or link to the cake please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,957 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Belfast Telegraph published their names.

You'd think she'd have a bit more cop on and more to be worried about than that.

Very different than her other video where she comes across as sweetness personified. Shows how hate can be hidden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

i've been at drunken social gatherings where "Oooh Ahhh Up The RA" and "F*ck the Queen and the UDA" came out.

People freaking out that someone would dare say "f*ck the pope and the IRA"...lol, get over it.

I'm sure this couple will start their married lives together unemployed and the mob will be pacified. for now.

F*ck the Pope and the IRA...cant say I disagree with them tbh :D

• Advertisement

That couldn't be really their wedding cake. Jesus christ.

I googled Protestant Boys East Belfast (I know I know!) and my facebook page is showing them cutting that cake :pac:

You know that saying all brides look beautiful on their wedding day, well...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I googled Protestant Boys East Belfast (I know I know!) and my facebook page is showing them cutting that cake :pac:

You know that saying all brides look beautiful on their wedding day, well...

I think it’s 2 different couples. In dancing clip she has sleeves and hair down. In she pic hair up and no sleeves...

The cake is from a different wedding as the names are different.

They are not the same couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This will be in the papers up there tomorrow apparently. Hence why they are likely to lose their jobs (if they have employment). Such silly people.

Wedding suppose to be one of the happiest days of your life.

Mind boggles.

It was the happiest wedding I've seen for a while

Playing devils advocate here.

Could it be naive rather than hate driven?

She is clearly a massive rangers fan from her online presence so could it be that this is her favourite song and they are just the bits that are added (when you are a rangers fan)

Same as the eejits who say "up the ra" etc.

Stupid rather than hateful.

She does not come across as hate driven in the other video. Maybe its just hidden well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

F*ck the Pope and the IRA...cant say I disagree with them tbh :D

Bit of an “ear worm” as well, been in my head all morning.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

You're serious, sound. You clearly know f**k all about NI and sectarianism.
    Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

anewme wrote: »

Well given that Rangers the club have only been in existence for Few years I'd play Devil's advocate and say that she transferred her "allegiance" from a club that has a long sectarian history to the new iteration as a way of broadcasting her political and sectarian views.

Rangers were wound up on foot of insolvency in 2012.
    The body corporate that was represented by the club prior to that date ceased to exist and the new company that was formed, whilst using the trademarks and likenesses of the original club it is an entirely separate and legally distinct entity.

Choosing to be a diehard and vocal supporter of the club, carries the weight of its implications.
    Particularly when as a new club, you attach the sectarian history of its predecessor to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It was their entrance song at their reception - presumably they had come from a church before that. They are clearly wearing their bigotry with pride by singing that at their reception entrance.
    and? its their wedding. how about we get out of their business? i'd rather attend the wedding of someone who was bigoted against me than that of a **** -sh social media whinge merchant looking to get people sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

anewme wrote: »

She is clearly a massive rangers fan from her online presence so could it be that this is her favourite song and they are just the bits that are added (when you are a rangers fan)

Same as the eejits who say "up the ra" etc.

Stupid rather than hateful.

She does not come across as hate driven in the other video. Maybe its just hidden well.
    some people are in the business of promoting the existence of "hate".

• Advertisement

Waste of money getting dressed up like decent people when you behave in a way that shows you to be no more than a pile of dirt.

The kind of wedding I’d like to hear ended with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,016 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

There are loads of neanderthals on both sides.
    You can decommission guns but you can never decommission mindsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Its major cringe thats all really, and yer yans dance moves to the tune Jesus wept..... Honestly I have seen better in an old folks home...

Should they lose there Jobs defiantly No.
    Was the tune sorta catchy....Yes.

On the good side thanks too social media and the person who recored it... They are now famous for all the wrong reason.

Sure if the play the cards right, the old im super sorry. Might get a slot on the late late show ffs...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

JayZeus wrote: »
    Waste of money getting dressed up like decent people when you behave in a way that shows you to be no more than a pile of dirt.

The kind of wedding I’d like to hear ended with a bang.

It’s great to see so many devout Catholics here outraged at the blasphemy on display at this wedding. It gives me great hope that RCC is alive and well in Ireland and going from strength to strength.
    I’m a little bit disturbed that you’d go as far as to wish that the wedding guests would be blown to death, especially as there appeared to be lots of children there, but I do understand that your devotion to the Papacy has been gravelly hurt by this chant and sure look, I’ll see you at Devotions and we’ll pray a decade of the rosary for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I honestly couldn’t understand what the fuss was. F the pope and the IRA I thought was a good thing.

The Catholic Church has been a big baby stealing molestering single mother beating Organisation for years and the IRA havnt been a noble Organisation in an awful long time more into smuggling and selling drug dealing licenses.

Then it dawned on me that these people were loyalists.

Sad really that in the age of the internet these people refuse to be educated.

Bob Dylan said recently that some people just need to create enemies. Even when there is none there.

Hopefully these type of people do lose their jobs and end up on the fringes of society. For too long they have been in positions of power with this mindset.

Both sides should really give it a rest now. Pathetic.

To look at the reasons it all started and to still be on either side shows how stupid you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Forty Seven

Duck the people who bombed innocents and duck the person who covered for peados?

I completely agree.

Duck the people who bombed innocents and duck the person who covered for peados?

I completely agree.

Ducks all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I completely agree.

But both of them covered for pedos?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Seriously doubt they get fired, folk like this would not have a Catholic boss.

It's important to remember the kind of carry on our brothers and sisters up north have to put up with.

• Advertisement

I completely agree.

But both of them covered for pedos?

True. Double ducks for the ra then.

Advertisement