Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gundogs and Brexit

Options
  • 06-10-2019 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

Am I right in understanding if there's a no deal by the end of the month gundogs can be brought north no issue but have to return via Dublin Airport? Apparently its the only licensed governed intake point. All dogs needing rabies shots before they go etc. I think it's Dublin Airport as that's where the race horses normally come in. As someone from the North living in the south and shoots both sides of the border that sounds pretty unworkable for me. All island field trials would be disrupted never mind the EU firearms pass. What a pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

mallards wrote: »
    Am I right in understanding if there's a no deal by the end of the month gundogs can be brought north no issue but have to return via Dublin Airport? Apparently its the only licensed governed intake point. All dogs needing rabies shots before they go etc. I think it's Dublin Airport as that's where the race horses normally come in. As someone from the North living in the south and shoots both sides of the border that sounds pretty unworkable for me. All island field trials would be disrupted never mind the EU firearms pass. What a pain.

The official story could well end up in a scenario pretty much like that but in reality I don’t think there’ll be anyone available to check if you walked your dog from Kesh to Pettigo or from Swanlinbar to Derrylin.

Advertisement