Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Huge result.

Great stuff. Thought AWB and James dominated the right side.

Obviously we had to hang in but our play on the counter was fantastic at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have we just handed the league to Liverpool lads?

They had it already. A possible resurgence by us is more important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Delighted. But annoyed about Sheff Utd and Villa even more! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fergies smile :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

great win, thanks, I'm glad you still have to play Leicester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Superb win. We are certainly more suited to playing the more open and attacking teams.

Just need to keep the desire, work rate and skill level up against the so called lesser teams.

• 266866_1.jpg

24,000 deserves something special alright

A great victory

Bahahahah Pep and City, the state of yee, up your bolox!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Text book away result and at a tough ground. Hit em on the counter then shut em out.

Big win. In 5th place and 5 points of 4th. We need to build on this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Ole gunner Solskjaer,

Fruck the begrudgers.

Back the man Woodward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Get in. Killer its handing things to pool but fingers crossed this is the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Deserved result, a great week... performances and application.

Fûck them, I’m a United fan and previously I’d have preferred City to win but whatever about Liverpool fans being, well,, Liverpool fans but you don’t see their lot throwing objects en masse at rival players... that’s a low for City and indeed the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great week, now come on and build on this and drive the **** on

Get in there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Is Ole back at the wheel ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

It feels like an awful long time since we've had a win like that. Great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd say my last bet was 2 years ago! Until today!
    Ridiculous value.

Get in there!!! That's Santa paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

T.hanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thrilled with that result. And find myself way happier with that preformance than the one against Spurs too.

The Spurs one felt like the players playing harder than usual, which left me annoyed they couldn't do it against smaller teams. But I didn't feel we played amazingly, other than playing with loads of passion. It felt like Spurs were the better team on paper but underpreformed on the day.

This one though.....it felt like City weren't bad, we were just much better. Our defense was awesome, and we got the two goals. I never really felt we were under pressure, because the players played well.

Now, hopefully we don't take a step back and lose the next few. We've got a very easy run of games now, and Ole needs to take massive advantage of that, and build on these two wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He’s bought himself a free run to May now after this week, rightly or wrongly

Great first 25 minutes, questionable stuff after that and we’re probably fortunate city were off today but the result is all that matters.

Fred has started to show a bit of class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Is Ole back at the wheel ? :D

Beat City, Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester.....should have seen off Liverpool too.

The squad has issues for sure, especially midfield, but there is a togetherness, belief and team spirit building nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Performance of the season imo.

Goal conceded really annoying though. That sloppyness again.

It's a ****ing great feeling seeing a performance and win like that. I'm gonna breath it in tonight.

• Advertisement

Tippex wrote: »
    Get in. Killer its handing things to pool but fingers crossed this is the start.

If it was close between City and Pool, I might feel that way, but Pool were well ahead of City anyway. This result won't be what costs City the league, but rather their entire year.

Regardless, I also couldn't give a flying **** if it did or not. We have enough problems on our plate to pre-occupy us, and the win against City could be a massive start towards fixing those issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Fergies smile :D

Smirk.

He’s bought himself a free run to May now after this week, rightly or wrongly

Great first 25 minutes, questionable stuff after that and we’re probably fortunate city were off today but the result is all that matters.

Fred has started to show a bit of class

25 minutes? City off? Get out if it.

• Tippex wrote: »

Who gives a **** about Liverpool

adox wrote: »
    Goal conceded really annoying though. That sloppyness again.

When you decide to sit back against City for 60 minutes, it's always going to be a tough ask to keep them completly out. We had one poor moment, but otherwise had a great defensive display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

and Chelsea lost today,so only 5 points off 4th :) keep this form up we have a great chance of top 4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Brilliant win! Happy Days. Some day of sport.

NBCSN just confirm Racist abuse directed at Fred and Lingard before the lighters hit Fred why didn't the stewarts through the city fan out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

NBCSN just confirm Racist abuse directed at Fred and Lingard before the lighters hit Fred why didn't the stewarts through the city fan out

As I said earlier in the thread until the powers that be sanction clubs with points reductions this will continue fines do nothingz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Get the fcuk ta fcuk in ta fcuking in. Ole at the wheel boi

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/BeWarmers/status/1203394768513982465?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Who gives a **** about Liverpool

You were cheering on City when United played them last season, amongst other United "fans" on here.

So to answer your question, you and others too.

T.hanks for the result. I'm happy for Ole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Me heart. MOTD will be watched again. Joy

I hope there's the same reaction in the UK to the city fans as there has been about the Italians in the last few weeks.

magma69 wrote: »
    You were cheering on City when United played them last season, amongst other United "fans" on here.

So to answer your question, you and others too.

T.hanks for the result. I'm happy for Ole.

Sad.

• adox wrote: »
    Sad.

Obsessed too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bassy wrote: »
    and Chelsea lost today,so only 5 points off 4th :) keep this form up we have a great chance of top 4 :)

Yep, we have 12 points to play for before a challenging fixture away to Arsenal on New Year’s Day..

Everton (h)
    Watford (a)
    Newcastle (h)
    Burnley (a)

Arsenal (a)

That’s all things considered a decent run of fixtures, no gimmies but winnable.

• City fans guilty of racist chants?
    Sky certainly alluding to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Obsessed too

It is funny how you are living in there head rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fernandinho could shoot a player in the face and the most he would get is a warning. The ref let City get away with murder and it was clearly just to keep the game exciting.

Fantastic results this week!!

Next 4 games are: Everton, Watford, Newcastle & Burnley.

If we can beat City and Spurs in one week, we should be taking 12 points out of 12 in these next 4 games. Ole's game plan works a charm against the big teams but he still can't figure out how to break down these bottom half sides

I think we'll all be livid if we drop points next weekend after these results

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pep out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

City fans guilty of racist chants?
    Sky certainly alluding to it

Seen that lad doing the monkey gesture at the time, certainly not beyond the realms of possibility that said some **** too.

Wonder will anything happen due to Fred getting a bang of a lighter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

****ing delighted with that result. I was ****ting myself practically all of the second half but the lads showed resilience to keep them out. Fred with an unreal performance once again, he loves these big games, him and McTominay are forming a very nice partnership in the middle. Thought Lindelof was a rock again and AWB probably had his best game for us.

Just please build on these results, 5 points off 4th now and Chelsea have lost 3 in their last 4. We need to go on a run.

• Bret Hart wrote: »
    It is funny how you are living in there head rent.

giphy.gif

Imagine, even when they are 11 points clear, here they are trying to spoil the win for Utd and the fans in this thread while following me around like bad cold :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'd be surprised if it was only one, but camera footage should result in prosecution(s)

I don't envy stewards in that situation. Pinpointing a culprit when there are hundreds of fans around you baying for blood is never going to be easy, and these guys are not "security" guards - they are probably middle to old aged fans trying to get in free and supplement their income a bit

They tend to reserve the main "security" for pitchside, but they then have to get a few of them to a "hotspot" like that before heading in to try and sort things out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

What a result - if we could get even one player in to boost the squad in the January window it would help though. The bench options are too threadbare. Pogba being back will obviously help.

But if we put another couple of good results together I think the confidence boost could do wonders for the team.

Full on front and center in camera view silly stuff City will have problems from that and the missiles hitting Fred but the fan will be banned and in serious sh1t for such carry-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

adox wrote: »
    Sad.

Cheering on your city rival against the team you claim to support certainly is. The term "obsessed" would also be fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The City thread is absolutely livid...

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement