Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

City fans guilty of racist chants?
    Sky certainly alluding to it

You certainly can appreciate the type of hard of thinking culture that permeates the club and support base... their own players, cheering one second...

Vincent Kompany - Captain, leader, trophy winner, supposed hero...

Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Mendy, Fernandinho... and more. :rolleyes:

You wouldn’t hear it at Anfield or indeed many other grounds in the English game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

ollkiller wrote: »
    Get the fcuk ta fcuk in ta fcuking in. Ole at the wheel boi

Yehoo. So so so fcuking happy. Yehoooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bissaka is something else. Below average ball skills but his athleticism and defending are incredible.

Him chasing Sterling across the box before getting a last millisecond tackle in was amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What a result - if we could get even one player in to boost the squad in the January window it would help though. The bench options are too threadbare. Pogba being back will obviously help.

But if we put another couple of good results together I think the confidence boost could do wonders for the team.

I'm really wondering where Pogba fits back into this team. I know people say he could take Lingard's place, but he doesn't offer that pressing Lingard does. I've been as critical as anyone of him over the last while but he's been very good these last two games. We basically need someone with Jesse's energy but with more end product and a better attacking threat. I'm not sure that person is Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What a result - if we could get even one player in to boost the squad in the January window it would help though. The bench options are too threadbare. Pogba being back will obviously help.

But if we put another couple of good results together I think the confidence boost could do wonders for the team.

Was the same vs Spurs, the lack of quality on the bench, never mind the first 11 puts us under big pressure in the last third of the games. Brining pereira on to try help close out a match is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

giphy.gif

Imagine, even when they are 11 points clear, here they are trying to spoil the win for Utd and the fans in this thread while following me around like bad cold :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

https://twitter.com/NoContextHearn/status/1172911315460984832

Your feelings about it all I'm sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The City thread is absolutely livid...

giphy.gif

Fcuk e. Yehoooooool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Strumms wrote: »
    You wouldn’t hear it at Anfield.

Eh..... i remember this one time....

I'm really wondering where Pogba fits back into this team. I know people say he could take Lingard's place, but he doesn't offer that pressing Lingard does. I've been as critical as anyone of him over the last while but he's been very good these last two games. We basically need someone with Jesse's energy but with more end product and a better attacking threat. I'm not sure that person is Pogba.

Fernandes. The guy we should have bought in the summer.

Fernandes. The guy we should have bought in the summer.

Just signed a new contract with Sporting last week. Wonder if it's to get rid of that weird clause he has in his contract or if he's genuinely staying there. Was seriously disappointed we didn't sign him in the summer. Portuguese press are the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Strumms wrote: »
    You certainly can appreciate the type of hard of thinking culture that permeates the club and support base... their own players, cheering one second...

Vincent Kompany - Captain, leader, trophy winner, supposed hero...

Sane, Mahrez, Jesus, Mendy, Fernandinho... and more. :rolleyes:

You wouldn’t hear it at Anfield or indeed many other grounds in the English game.

Last I'm posting on it but Sterling was subjected to abuse earlier in the season and has been multiple times it was very significantly highlighted by the fa to have a club fan do this it's very sad the guy will suffer bigtime for doing something so stupid fair play to both Fred and Lingard for brushing off something so heinous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

magma69 wrote: »
    Cheering on your city rival against the team you claim to support certainly is. The term "obsessed" would also be fitting.

You're in a United thread on a Saturday night trying to rustle jimmies. Go out with your mates or talk to your family or something. Has to be better than this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bissaka is something else. Below average ball skills but his athleticism and defending are incredible.

Him chasing Sterling across the box before getting a last millisecond tackle in was amazing.

He’s brilliant, love him, not quite as rash as he was when he began playing for us... tonight his reading of the game and timing of the tackle was unreal.

Good win tonight. Again, bizarre team. Suit open games and will probably beat most teams that go toe to toe. City copoednon second half and United were rendered toothless afterwards, but we could easily have had 3 or 4 first half. Genuinely delighted with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lindelöf's block was brilliant.

I thought this week would have seen ole sacked.

It will probably see Woodward give him a new contract.

Fair play though. Two good performances and results.

Just signed a new contract with Sporting last week. Wonder if it's to get rid of that weird clause he has in his contract or if he's genuinely staying there. Was seriously disappointed we didn't sign him in the summer. Portuguese press are the worst.

It's to get more money for him apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

****ing delighted with that result. I was ****ting myself practically all of the second half but the lads showed resilience to keep them out. Fred with an unreal performance once again, he loves these big games, him and McTominay are forming a very nice partnership in the middle. Thought Lindelof was a rock again and AWB probably had his best game for us.

Just please build on these results, 5 points off 4th now and Chelsea have lost 3 in their last 4. We need to go on a run.

Fred has come on leaps but that incident on 55mins, when he got caught out at the edge of the D is something I think he's always going to be prone to. It could have been a massive turning point at a critical stage. Lindleof was there to save the day thankfully. But Fred was excellent besides, they all were, a team I can certainly get behind. It's a joy to watch James and AWB play, fantastic additions to the team. Delighted for them all and especially Ole!

Now go out and get yourself a top quality 10 in January!

PARlance wrote: »
    Fred has come on leaps but that incident on 55mins, when he got caught out at the edge of the D is something I think he's always going to be prone to. It could have been a massive turning point at a critical stage. Lindleof was there to save the day thankfully. But Fred was excellent besides, they all were, a team I can certainly get behind. It's a joy to watch James and AWB play, fantastic additions to the team. Delighted for them all and especially Ole!

Now go out and get yourself a top quality 10 in January!
    It was a awb mis**** clearance that led to that chance that lindelof blocked, wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Brilliant result and performance, delighted and flabbergasted to get 6 points from those two games, have the players finally decided to turn up. Everton, Watford, Newcastle and Burnley in the next 4, a minimum of 10 points there is the only acceptable return otherwise these two wins dont mean shyt. Still, fantastic win and always great to ram it up their arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

giphy.gif

What a week. What a turnaround for Ole. So proud of our team.

I thought we were going nowhere under Ole. We looked clueless, and even this has come out of nowhere I'm so happy to be wrong.

Scotty Mc fking T. What a difference one player can make. It's almost as soon as he's there as the anchor Fred (who was absolutely magnificent today) can do box to box effortlessly.

Lingard was brilliant. I understand the shun from fans he gets, but as a link up man and finding idea's, he was brilliant. Credit where it's due. He might not be the solution, but if we are playing with confidence you'll find hard to get better when looking further afield.

AWB was tied with MOTM with Fred. He's a defensive monster. There was several times I was laughing how much he stund Sterling etc. with incredible tackles and positions. I adore this signing.

McTominay was the difference. Can't praise him enough.

Lindelof - not been his biggest fan, but he was very good today, as was Maguire.

Martial - Again, was critical of him against Villa etc. but his build up, and strike for the goal was simply world class. I'm a fanboy of him, went nuts when he scored.

All at least 7/10. Elated lads! What a result.

• Here's the racist scumbag

Needs to be banned for life

FA need to do something majorly

https://twitter.com/NadShan3/status/1203389225049186304?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It wasn’t just the racism, they also abused and pelted Fred and Lingard, and I’m sure I seen airplane gestures. It’s not on, it looked so intimidating for the players trying to take a corner. They need to be fined for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭Tippex

I have to say well done to City with that statement. The game needs to have a Zero tolerance against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

On the other hand, he's what you need to unlock 2 banks of 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Imagine, even when they are 11 points clear, here they are trying to spoil the win for Utd and the fans in this thread while following me around like bad cold :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's only one person though? "They" makes it sound like all 'Pool fans are at it, when we're just happy about the result. Having a dig is of no interest to me anyway.

United looked great in the first half especially and the result should serve as a kick-start for Ole's reign, considering your previous result against Spurs.

It was a awb mis**** clearance that led to that chance that lindelof blocked, wasn't it?

Almost sure it was Fred, looking to receive on the D, facing his own goal and getting overturned.

Open to correction though, and it may have been a bad pass moreso than Fred. I was too busy losing the plot at the time but Fred got my blame. Flashbacks of his vs Wolves last year.

But anyway. Who cares at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Duncan Ferguson interim boss at Everton beats Chelsea today he always was a bogey player against United hope we bait them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

You're in a United thread on a Saturday night trying to rustle jimmies. Go out with your mates or talk to your family or something. Has to be better than this ****

I can't point out the hypocrisy of a poster that was literally cheering for the other team in the same fixture last season solely because of Liverpool then go on to say "who gives a **** about Liverpool" today?

Anyways, to the genuine supporters that actually support your team, congrats. I'm happy for Ole after all the criticism he's received. It's still early here so I'll be around for a while. Prob go for a few pints tonight tho.

kerplun k wrote: »
    It wasn’t just the racism, they also abused and pelted Fred and Lingard, and I’m sure I seen airplane gestures. It’s not on, it looked so intimidating for the players trying to take a corner. They need to be fined for this.

Fines don’t work full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

magma69 wrote: »
    You were cheering on City when United played them last season, amongst other United "fans" on here.

So to answer your question, you and others too.

T.hanks for the result. I'm happy for Ole.

Tell you what - continue trolling in this thread and I will dispatch you as well as Rashford dispatched his penalty today

Any questions, PM me

• Seriously though, FA have to come down harder with general sanctions
    A player ban is not enough
    Disgraceful behavior

I'd argue English Football has just a bad a racist problem as Italian football has but something has been masking it for years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

BBC reporting that objects were thrown at Fred.

Words escape me how much I loathe these type of scumbags. Hopefully they'll be identified.

Seriously though, FA have to come down harder with general sanctions
    A player ban is not enough
    Disgraceful behavior

I'd argue English Football has just a bad a racist problem as Italian football has but something has been masking it for years

I agree to a degree but when u have stuff in the italian press it is horrendous over there.

They pissed and moaned in the UK over the bulgarian incidents and the fans in the UK are as bad and its not limited to a single club it is across all clubs.

I totally agree with the pundits that it is a societal issue over there and Brexit has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

BBC reporting that objects were thrown at Fred.

Words escape me how much I loathe these type of scumbags. Hopefully they'll be identified.

It looked like the stewards were removing a couple of people right after that.

Disgraceful behaviour from the City fans.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I feel confident both the FA and police will be all over this. Given what went on with England and incidents elsewhere in Europe there is absolutely no way this is ever going to get brushed under the carpet

As always, it's the minority that are spoiling it for the majority, and City can expect a reasonably serious sanction. May not be points, but this is likely to be the highest profile "domestic" incident in recent times and they have to act

• What's incredible is that surely that idiot doing it knows he's going to be on TV
    I'm convinced his type don't actually care about the fact they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Dealing with the racist lad goes without saying but I hope they deal with all the fans that were throwing things at the players too. Very nasty and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Actually I’m pretty sure it happened at Old Trafford recently enough too.

What's incredible is that surely that idiot doing it knows he's going to be on TV
    I'm convinced his type don't actually care about the fact they are

It'll be a badge of honour for some. Low lifes.

Also, given the crap Raheem Sterling has had to put up with I was pleased to see some of the City players try to calm things down. Equally United could have made a much bigger deal of it at the time, but both sets of players did well in the circumstances to help avoid any further escalation

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    It'll be a badge of honour for some. Low lifes.

Yup, when you see the young fella who threw the child over the balcony in the Tate Modern in London say that he did it so he could be on TV. Theres a serious societal issue going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They need to set the standard and throw the book at these idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

When I first saw it I assumed it was a general thing they would have done to any United player. It was bad enough that missiles were thrown. The fact one hit took it onto a new level, but the racist element makes it into a massive issue. The fan will, I am sure, be banned from any football ground for life, and hopefully will also see some prison time. City could be facing a partial ground closure for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8-10 wrote: »
    It looked like the stewards were removing a couple of people right after that.

Disgraceful behaviour from the City fans.

They didn't remove the guy doing the monkey gestures,he was still there at the end of the game.
    He won't be there anymore if the authorities do their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Has to be said, Ole's 3 signings have been solid so far this season. Shame we didn't get a few more last summer but it gives me hope that the club are heading in the right direction when it comes to transfers. I really hope the club / Woodward are already pursuing potential transfers for January and next summer

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/1203416908625850368?s=20

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jose and Pep beaten in a few days. Well done Ole.

He is an ace at counter attack football.

If he can get things in order for games where United have most of the ball then we can have faith in him. Maybe he needs a couple of players in January to get there? Hope the two results this week compared to the previous two give him the leverage to convince Ed and co what is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Awh the jubilation. I’m just settling down now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Mick phelan, given his job back. That was Moyes problem. Should have never broke up that backroom. Could have coasted for years just leaving the staff at it.

I think that and that alone set man utd back the way it did.

To think Moyes thought his number two was better than Ferguson’s number two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement