Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to see if thats true or not.

My understanding is that he did well rebuilding at Juventus (that he won the league with them, gutted the team, and then built a second title winning team).

But then how much of that is Allegri, and how much of that is the Juventus board who seem to have a great ability to get amazing players in for practically nothing.

I also think he appears to be a version of Jose with a far less impressive CV; did extremely well with Juventus, but only with Juventus (as opposed to Jose who has done it everywhere).

I'd way, way rather Poch currently (due to style of football), but would see him as a massive upgrade on Ole anyway, and might attract a higher level of player too.

Tbf to him he also finished 1st, 2nd, 3rd with AC Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to see if thats true or not.

My understanding is that he did well rebuilding at Juventus (that he won the league with them, gutted the team, and then built a second title winning team).

But then how much of that is Allegri, and how much of that is the Juventus board who seem to have a great ability to get amazing players in for practically nothing.

I also think he appears to be a version of Jose with a far less impressive CV; did extremely well with Juventus, but only with Juventus (as opposed to Jose who has done it everywhere).

I'd way, way rather Poch currently (due to style of football), but would see him as a massive upgrade on Ole anyway, and might attract a higher level of player too.

God, I don't know whats going on at the club but if its as chaotic as some reports suggest its really not boding well for the future. . We replace Jose with Ole and Ole with a watered down version of Jose in terms of style of football that had many fans wanting him sacked ? My head hurts . .

- Replace the greatest manager of his generation with a yellow pack mid table manager giving them a 7 year contract cause its " a long term plan"

- replace yellow pack less then a year into contract with experience and demand that the manager takes a longer contract then manager wants cause "its a long term plan", oh and youth philosophy or something.

- Sack this manager before contract is up and hire a manager with proven success pedigree, but still insist its a "long term plan" and something about youth and football philosophy of club , none of which matches up with the manager you have hired. Youth and exciting football or something, keep saying it cause it seems to catch on even though it doesn't really mean anything. This manager brings immediate success and signals continually that the squad is not good enough to challenge for leagues or champions leagues. They should know, because like, they know how to win stuff. So you like what you see and decide to extend this managers contract when you don't need to, refuse to help them sign players that will strengthen the first team to match (Liverpool) your nearest rivals ambitions (even though you have more resources then them), and then fire him cause he did not match up with your long term plans that nobody really understand. Its about youth or attacking football or sponsorship with Asian noodles, nobody really knows for sure and many disliked the manager so you are ok not really clarifying this with fans

- Replace the most successful manager you have hired in this period with the least experienced you have ever hired and pretty much the least experienced in the league. His goal is to make players happy. When the club goes through a couple of months of an uplift you give this guy a three year contract, even though its not clear why it was felt that they shouldn't wait until the summer and maybe see how this manager deals with a downturn in performances. Inform everybody its a "long term plan" and the whole squad has to be gutted, cause youth and united philosophy and stuff, this is serious, no more messing. So it’s sort of a long term “make players happy again” strategy that involves getting rid of players who seem less happy about this being the actual driving force for hiring the manager with no credentials.... Less then 2 months into the new season this manager looks hopelessly out of their depth and destined to be replaced . .

Break “director of football” glass in event of emergency....

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

We are gonna get absolutely slaughtered by Pool. I reckon the Ireland team from last night would beat this Utd team. Never known a team this bad in my time as a supporter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pogba and DeGea confirmed as missing the Liverpool game through injury..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Utd 4/1 at home haha Christ on a bike. Think the last time I seen odds like that with utd at home was under Moyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Utd 4/1 at home haha Christ on a bike. Think the last time I seen odds like that with utd at home was under Moyes.

What’s the odds on a 0-0 smash and grab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Strumms wrote: »
    Pogba and DeGea confirmed as missing the Liverpool game through injury..

The tiny sliver of hope I had for a half decent showing in that game just evaporated.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The tiny sliver of hope I had for a half decent showing in that game just evaporated.

Yes, just felt the same, the little bit of optimism I had just took a nosedive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

yermandan wrote: »
    We are gonna get absolutely slaughtered by Pool. I reckon the Ireland team from last night would beat this Utd team. Never known a team this bad in my time as a supporter

I thought some of Ireland's attacking patterns and movement in that second half were miles better than what we've seen from United this season.

Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Well well well

AS : Tottenham establish contact with Jose Mourinho

How odd would it be if Jose goes to Spurs and Poch goes to Utd.

• Advertisement

• Nothing really odd about it
    One club is getting a proven winner and another club is getting a risky appointment looking to build from the ground up while signing up to a club ran by clowns

Well well well

How odd would it be if Jose goes to Spurs and Poch goes to Utd.

Followed by question about whether poch is a busted flush, followed by a couple of bad results, followed by Woodward telling Twitter to tell everybody he is sacked if Liverpool beat him.

Nothing really odd about it
    One club is getting a proven winner and another club is getting a risky appointment looking to build from the ground up while signing up to a club ran by clowns

Proven winner? Not in recent times. He's been sacked by both of his last two clubs and his propensity to have a meltdown is well know so its not risk free for Spurs but never the less I think its more than likely press fluff. Spurs would be mad to sack him after all the progress for one real bad start to a season.

Also if Jose fell out with the Utd board over transfers he's going to have a hell of a time with Levy.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Utd were 11/2 to beat City in April.. so not that long ago really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Proven winner? Not in recent times. He's been sacked by both of his last two clubs and his propensity to have a meltdown is well know so its not risk free for Spurs but never the less I think its more than likely press fluff. Spurs would be mad to sack him after all the progress for one real bad start to a season.

Also if Jose fell out with the Utd board over transfers he's going to have a hell of a time with Levy.

Won trophies at every club he's been at since Porto, including the two last clubs who sacked him. So yes, proven winner.

BDI wrote: »
    What’s the odds on a 0-0 smash and grab.

12/1

Fill the boots.... I can feel the footballing god's want to troll with Liverpool this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

12/1

Fill the boots.... I can feel the footballing god's want to troll with Liverpool this weekend.

As the old saying goes, back no goalscorer, that way you'll be covered when a winning og goes in off big Virgil's big arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Of course he can be considered a proven winner!! 2 cups, European and domestic, with United. Premier league title and league cup in his last full season at Chelsea in 2015. Trophies at every club he has managed!! Christ!! The hatred is strong in some people.

Regarding his next job......I do think Jose will have a point to prove and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to show he can compete without the massive cheque book. Nothing to back it up, just an opinion. I think he wants to prove his doubters wrong about him being a football dinosaur!!!

On the second bold quote.........I think it's more Poch wants to leave than Spurs looking to sack. Things have gone very sour there since end part of last season.

A whole host of squad members too being now reported as doubtful, looking grim.

• Advertisement

Proven winner? Not in recent times.

I wont bite on this one

Spurs would be mad to sack him after all the progress for one real bad start to a season.

Spurs awful form rivals ours this calendar year

LVG and Jose were promised the Disneyland of football clubs which clearly hasn't been true especially in Jose's case. If Jose was told the club would take a penny pinch 'youth' approach he may not have jumped on board or lowered his and everyone else's expectations day one.

If he were to go to Spurs he'll know when what sort of money he has to work with. He's done it at Porto and Inter on budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think we can all agree that the results and the style of football we now get to enjoy just proves that the management change was the right decision all round. The fitness of the players these days just proves that point on its own, trophies are unimportant compared to fit players linking up well on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

beno619 wrote: »
    If Jose was told the club would take a penny pinch 'youth' approach he may not have jumped on board or lowered his and everyone else's expectations day one.

That's a misrepresentation imo. Yes, in his final transfer window the transfer backing wasn't great.

But in seasons 1 and 2, he was certainly bankrolled to bring in some pretty big players and expensive purchases/contracts:

Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Mkhitarian, Ibrahimovic, Bailly, Sanchez, etc.

Zeek12 wrote: »
    That's a misrepresentation imo. Yes, in his final transfer window the transfer backing wasn't great.

But in seasons 1 and 2, he was certainly bankrolled to bring in some pretty big players and expensive purchases/contracts:

That's fair.

Jose would say he needed another winger in the second summer and he absolutely was not backed in his last window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

They will be fighting not to play on Sunday in training this week, players putting it wide from 5 yards, defenders falling over.

I feel sorry for the players named on the team sheet at the weekend, it’s sending lambs to the slaughter. Hopefully Ole doesn’t play any of the young lads.

Is Martial “injured”?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think we can all agree that the results and the style of football we now get to enjoy just proves that the management change was the right decision all round. The fitness of the players these days just proves that point on its own, trophies are unimportant compared to fit players linking up well on the field.

dk51FoO.gif

• Advertisement

12/1 0-0 draw.in a game where a 0-0 draw will save a manager. First game back from international break. At home. Can be a bit stale.

We know one team won’t score anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Zeek12 wrote: »

Well they signed him up to a 5 year deal off the back of them windows so the club were happy with what he was doing anyway. I think a few were him agreeing to players the 'scouting team' wanted more than his own though.

LVG and Jose were promised the Disneyland of football clubs which clearly hasn't been true especially in Jose's case. If Jose was told the club would take a penny pinch 'youth' approach he may not have jumped on board or lowered his and everyone else's expectations day one.

If he were to go to Spurs he'll know when what sort of money he has to work with. He's done it at Porto and Inter on budget.

Speaking of not biting, I almost wasn't on this one but as others have pointed it out its very far off the mark. Jose's signings have already been mentioned by others but LVG had Di-Maria, Falcao, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Martial, Schneiderlin, Depay, Schweinsteiger and Darmain across two summers.

The Maguire incident is often brought up and the rest of our transfer history glossed over in discussions but the club has never been shy to spend big. Iirc we are right up there in the top bracket of clubs who have spent over a billion on players since 2010. Jose is footballs highest spending manager of all time, with 1.04bn spend in his career and I'd wager the majority of that comes from his time at Madrid and Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's fair.

Jose would say he needed another winger in the second summer and he absolutely was not backed in his last window.

A good point was brought up on the MEN podcast. How much input did Ole actually have in signings?
    Maguire was wanted by Jose so was on the radar.AWB was scouted and marked as a transfer target a year before Ole started and James was recommended to the club by Giggs.

So on the face of it the 3 signings looked like good moves by Ole but in reality were made by those above him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A good point was brought up on the MEN podcast. How much input did Ole actually have in signings?
    Maguire was wanted by Jose so was on the radar.AWB was scouted and marked as a transfer target a year before Ole started and James was recommended to the club by Giggs.

So on the face of it the 3 signings looked like good moves by Ole but in reality were made by those above him.

Which makes a certain amount of sense really... they can hardly have been toooo confident in Ole's long term future after the latter portion of last season, so it makes sense that they would go with players that were well scouted, and well regarded by the club in general, so if they did let Ole go, it wouldn't feel like a wasted window. They're all fairly versatile and well rounded players that don't really need any specific system to function, so should work for any manager really.

• Advertisement

The Maguire incident is often brought up and the rest of our transfer history glossed over in discussions but the club has never been shy to spend big.

Yes the club have spent loads of money in the past and there going to have to keep spending money.

Jose needed more than Fred & Maguire in summer 2018 btw. Our net spend for the last 2 summers has been poor just when the competition has moved onto another level.

I’ve been saying it for years that there it’s not clear how much input United managers get into signings so it wouldn’t really be that surprising. The more of a role the glazers/Woodward have actually played in first team affairs the more things would start to add up. It would also absolve the managers we have had of a fair bit of the responsibility during their tenure.

If Ole didn’t have much input into the transfers it Begs the question of what benefit was there in appointing him full time manager before the summer. This was the reason thrown at those of us at the time questioned the wisdom of giving him the full time contract before the summer.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Which makes a certain amount of sense really... they can hardly have been toooo confident in Ole's long term future after the latter portion of last season, so it makes sense that they would go with players that were well scouted, and well regarded by the club in general, so if they did let Ole go, it wouldn't feel like a wasted window. They're all fairly versatile and well rounded players that don't really need any specific system to function, so should work for any manager really.

Which begs the question who makes the call on signing them? The club don’t spend 80 mil on a player without somebody important agreeing to it. Also once again reinforces my long held belief that our owners/Woodard have always been more involved in the decision making process of signings then many think.

10 seconds in and Neville is already setting the scene for why it isn't his mates fault that the performances are absolutely terrible, thats as far as I'm going to go with that video.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve been saying it for years that there it’s not clear how much input United managers get into signings so it wouldn’t really be that surprising. The more of a role the glazers/Woodward have actually played in first team affairs the more things would start to add up. It would also absolve the managers we have had of a fair bit of the responsibility during their tenure.

Which begs the question who makes the call on signing them? The club don’t spend 80 mil on a player without somebody important agreeing to it. Also once again reinforces my long held belief that our owners/Woodard have always been more involved in the decision making process of signings then many think.

Even the wording of the recent brief to the media was interesting, pretty much it was Woodward saying he's the man to get these signings done in the next couple of windows.
    He's gone from a banker who facilitated the takeover by the Glazers to the guy in control of buying and selling players despite having feck all football knowledge. He enjoys the power and that's probably why the DOF role has been shelved by him,he doesn't want to relinquish that role.

Even the wording of the recent brief to the media was interesting, pretty much it was Woodward saying he's the man to get these signings done in the next couple of windows.
    He's gone from a banker who facilitated the takeover by the Glazers to the guy in control of buying and selling players despite having feck all football knowledge. He enjoys the power and that's probably why the DOF role has been shelved by him,he doesn't want to relinquish that role.

I do wonder sometimes if people that high up, who have had some relative success in one aspect of their job, forget they are not infallible and believe their own bullsh*t. . Ego's drive on a lot of people, no more so then people who have made money and forget themselves. Maybe Woody has a raging Woody for power. .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Good conversation and as always with Ole it is sensible, logical approach to things. His ideas about how things should operate are ideal and he is doing good work in that area.

All that should be factored into the conversation about the job he is doing, the problem is the on field performances are so poor it undermines his good intentions. He talks about working on patterns of play yet we see little evidence of it on the pitch. Yes quality without certain players influences the end product but I would expect any players at United to be able to show that intent, patterns of play they are supposed to be working on.

10 seconds in and Neville is already setting the scene for why it isn't his mates fault that the performances are absolutely terrible, thats as far as I'm going to go with that video.

I am not going to listen because I imagine its like you say, a PR puff piece to endear Ole more to the fans. .

But that said, I do feel conflicted on Ole. On One hand I never thought he should of gotten the job and always felt it was fairytale stuff expecting him to work out. But on the other, I don't see sacking him as fixing much because at this stage everybody knows the problems of the club run much deeper then managers. In fact, it could very possibly be the case that the biggest problem has little to do with managers, which would make sacking Ole only give the illusion of progress.

Obviously the counter argument is there is no point in sticking with a manager who is destined to fail. But does it really benefit fans to get Allegri or some other manager who will most likely fail or have a small uplift, while working with the toxic people running the show ?

There is a part of me that wants Ole to stay and for him to fight a serious relegation battle. Languishing in mid table will probably not be enough for the sh*tes at the top to make any real meaningful investment in the first team. And when I say meaningful, I don't just mean spending money, I mean spending it with informed advice that they take which is about getting players the team needs, not players the moneybags owners think will accrue in value or bring non football related benefits.

Utds own John Delaney

Utds own John Delaney

I think when you have owners like the Glazers (excel at sucking money from club) and "leaders" like Woodward (excels at pimping the club to sponsors), who were there when success happened (SAF = genius) , its easy to attribute some of that success to their own stewardship. I think the last 7 years have shown that SAF success was in spite of them, not because of them and the best thing they did while he was in charge is leave him mostly in control of the running of the first team. They set SAF budgets but let him have say over most signings.

For the last 7 years we have seen how "their way" of doing things pans out. The phrase "stick to what you are good at" comes to mind. When people say "United have spent over a billion" they need to stop and ask "who is spending that money"? Its not managers signing off on transfers, they don't sign the cheques and they cant force the owners to sign certain players. Not just that, I have little doubt that there are confidentiality clauses in managers contracts to stop managers publicly discussing whatever interference is coming from Woodward/Glazers, so that's why we don't hear managers moaning all the time, at least directly about it. They usually hint at it like LVG and Jose regularly did.

• Advertisement

There is a part of me that wants Ole to stay and for him to fight a serious relegation battle.

Not that I think it will actually happen, but the club better hope and pray that they don't get sucked into any sort of relegation battle, because there are very few groups of players with less character and fight in them than that United squad.

• Not that I think it will actually happen, but the club better hope and pray that they don't get sucked into any sort of relegation battle, because there are very few groups of players with less character and fight in them than that United squad.

This is exactly my fear. Looks like we will be beaten at the weekend and then that's us pretty much coming into November with the rest of the relegation fodder.

Mounting a different type of pressure on this already weak minded squad is going to be a recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not that I think it will actually happen, but the club better hope and pray that they don't get sucked into any sort of relegation battle, because there are very few groups of players with less character and fight in them than that United squad.

I read recently a post on redcafe that alluded to this.
    If we think for one minute that we cannot be relegated, my fear is that is the very thing that may relegate us in the end. The complacency that it cannot happen to us because we are better, have more money, more history and more prestige than anyone else. Newcastle, Norwich, Brighton, Villa et al are geared up for a relegation battle, because they are expecting it, but we are not. They expect to be fighting for their lives, but we think we are way too good to go down.

Its worrying. We seriously need to start picking up points and fast. And I don't think any are coming this weekend.

I don't disagree with your sentiments, I do think this team is capable of getting relegated. I suppose I am in crazy Joker territory with United. I just want to see the Glazers and Woodard f**k off so a part of me wants to see the club burn a bit so we can purge the poison. I cant see anyway the club is ever going to recover while they are in charge, really don't think they care much about whats going on and once the club retains its couple of billion value, the club will limp on in a constant battle between 4th - 6th or worse and that's all they need to make money .

Sometimes things have to get far worse before getting better and I am at the stage where I think relegation might be the painful short term shock we need to arrest a proper revival. Like Juventus , but for different reasons.

There is a part of me that wants Ole to stay and for him to fight a serious relegation battle. .

What a bizarre thing to say. Hating the owners and the board is one thing but wishing this on the club makes no sense as a fan especailly if you think they can get relegated???? I totally disagree that they can get relegated but you thinking its a possibility and wanting a relegation battle sounds crazy. Why even entertain the idea of that being a risk?

4 years ago the current Liverpool squad had none of the first team starters playing for them that they do now bar Milner. A club can turn themselves into serious contenders and it doesn't take decades, recovering from a relegation or even trying to sign top tier players after being associated with a relegation battle makes it harder. Wanting a relegation battle to motivate the board makes no sense at all for anyone at the club or any fan of the club.

What a bizarre thing to say. Hating the owners and the board is one thing but wishing this on the club makes no sense as a fan especailly if you think they can get relegated???? I totally disagree that they can get relegated but you thinking its a possibility and wanting a relegation battle sounds crazy. Why even entertain the idea of that being a risk?

4 years ago the current Liverpool squad had none of the first team starters playing for them that they do now bar Milner. A club can turn themselves into serious contenders and it doesn't take decades, recovering from a relegation or even trying to sign top tier players after being associated with a relegation battle makes it harder. Wanting a relegation battle to motivate the board makes no sense at all for anyone at the club or any fan of the club.

It really does depend on your perspective and the frightening thing is that we have a benchmark of what the owners can potentially do to clubs, by just looking at their American football team that's been in the wilderness since 2003. A fair counter argument is that American football is different , you cant get relegated for one thing. But its hard to not see the clubs issues being the one common denominator and thats the owners. I have posted information here before that shows that there have been remarkably comparable issues happening at both the Glazer owned clubs, this surely cant be a coincidence.

I totally agree that things can change for the better very quickly, but I suppose it depends on your level of ambition (leagues or just top 4) and what realistic chances we have if the same people are making the calls that have thus far failed to reignite the club since SAF retired. I NEVER envisage a situation where the club is realistic title contenders or a favourite for the European cup under the Glazers. I think we would be more a Liverpool or Leicester type challanger that may win but just because the right conditions have been created. From an economic POV there is no benefit to them pushing for either league/CL as the economic benefit of winning would be easily eroded by the cost to bridge the substantial gap between the top clubs and United.

Klopp hasnt succeeded at Liverpool just because hes a top coach, the same with Pep, they have both been equally supported but also the club has been run to help them thrive. These clubs are run to help their manager and teams thrive and they have a clear idea on how to do it. Its clear , beyond a shadow of a doubt that our owners and Woodward are incapable or unwilling to relent any control and put in place the process/resources and informed professional people in a manner that allows whatever manager they chose to thrive.

Why they do this I do not understand but it could simply be a case of Ego and wanting control of everything. Its not that unusual for rich people to not listen to reason or change the way they do things. Alot of us presume (to be optimistic) that the owners want success to grow the value of the club, as in that its in their interest to do the best they can.

I am so disillusioned by the way they are running the club I really dont see the club returning to the top of the game while they are in charge . . I would rather an exciting relegation battle that may mean something then mid table obscurity that may be sold to us as part of the long term plan . . I dont want Ole to fail, I really dont, I just also dont want to be here this time next year with a new manager and a new rebuild project . .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here's the thing; for me it was unfathomable to consider that in relation to United - but after that wretched performance against Newcastle it's suddenly something that is on the horizon unless results improve, and fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

We are 2 points behind spurs, who seem to still think they should be in the mix for top 4. Relegation talk is ridiculous really.

If this United team can't get up for a game against Liverpool then they can feck off.
    Even back when United were top dogs and Liverpool had terrible teams they still gave us hard games. They could lose the weeks before and after the United game but play like men possessed against us.
    This crop of United players just don't seem to care too much and will drag newcomers down to their level. It's like a lad starting a new job and being all enthusiastic until the old hands rein them in.

• Advertisement

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Relegation talk is ridiculous really.

It should be, but realistically what is going to change about our current form? Because its not current form, its been the consistent form since last February.

We have been ****e for 9 months, whats going to be different in the next 6 months? Players back from injury? We were crap long before they ever got injured.

Will we pick up enough points here and there to stay out of it? Probably. I do think it will be a midtable finish. But these things snowball and if the team gets dragged into that fight you are going to see a lot of those players hide and performances drop even further. It can happen, the club would be fools to assume it won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement