Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Unearthly wrote: »
    If Solskjaer was smart, he'd have identified an obvious weakness in liverpool's armour. The thanks button

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/17/glazers-legacy-manchester-united-liverpool

Apparently the share price has recently fallen from over €26 each to about €16 each.
    The thinking of Kevin Glazer changing his shares from Class B to Class A is that they are testing the waters for a potential sale.
    The reality is that under the current share price,the club is valued at £2.6 billion but the Glazers want £5 billion.
    They've already taken a billion out of the club.

God they have such punchable faces

• Its utterly bizarre, was the same last season, lads getting their knickers in a twist about who thanked a post. Now they are saying that t-Hanks is the good Ole boys is potentially pillsbury doughboy. There are a few people that have had issues with pillsbury doughboy and thet aren't on this side of the fench. It's so completely clear what is going on. The lads think GOB is t-hanks so one of them (not hard to narrow it down to a handful) made a new account to thank GOBs posts, it is so cringeworthy its bloody hilarious!!!

:D

The level of tinfoil hat syndrome is off the scale, as they thank each other

#alwaysrentfree

• A breakdown of how bad we are under Ole, even with the players downing tools under Jose last season before he was sacked we were performing better

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11832062/man-utd-vs-liverpool-why-are-ole-gunnar-solskjaers-side-struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Hococop wrote: »
    God they have such punchable faces

Shootable rather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A breakdown of how bad we are under Ole, even with the players downing tools under Jose last season before he was sacked we were performing better

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11832062/man-utd-vs-liverpool-why-are-ole-gunnar-solskjaers-side-struggling

when i see people still support ole i just wonder what they see other than his playing career nothing on show after the PSG match minus a rare great moment at chelsea theres no postives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

sky88 wrote: »
    when i see people still support ole i just wonder what they see other than his playing career nothing on show after the PSG match minus a rare great moment at chelsea theres no postives

He's cleared out a lot of dead wood. That aspect went as I wanted, the players to replace them just didn't come in.

The club must have planned with him for multiple transfer windows and to throw that all away again just seems like another step backwards.

I'm not blind, I see the performances and the last few have been truly awful but they were there under the last 3 managers and tbh, the true rot started under Fergie (though I'm obviously not going to blame him for what's happening now) with City and more recently Liverpool showing up the structures at United for what they are. I don't know what people expect would change between now and January if he's done away with. Though I guess the man himself has shown these players can suddenly produce a magical jump in form when there's a change...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What score are we thinking on Sunday? 3 or 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Liam O wrote: »
    He's cleared out a lot of dead wood. That aspect went as I wanted, the players to replace them just didn't come in.

The club must have planned with him for multiple transfer windows and to throw that all away again just seems like another step backwards.

I'm not blind, I see the performances and the last few have been truly awful but they were there under the last 3 managers and tbh, the true rot started under Fergie (though I'm obviously not going to blame him for what's happening now) with City and more recently Liverpool showing up the structures at United for what they are. I don't know what people expect would change between now and January if he's done away with. Though I guess the man himself has shown these players can suddenly produce a magical jump in form when there's a change...

The performances the past few months have been much worse than anything we have seen since Fergie left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i do agree the rot started under fergie recruitment wise its why im worried we seem to be going down a young British route as i think this was fergies route the last few seasons and thats why jones,smalling,wellbeck & cleverley were bought and promoted and that didnt end too good

the performances now i think are worse than the darkest days of LVG and Jose i just dont see tactically/system wise what ole is trying to achieve

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I'm with you here. Firing him now is pointless. They didnt back him enough in the summer so he isnt getting a fair crack at the whip. Woodward and Management were naive starting the season with this squad and the lack of attacking threat was pretty evident.

My guess is, they will allow Ole buy a Striker in January, probably Moussa Dembele. And if results improve after that he will get next season as well to prove himself, and next summer will be about getting in a right winger and additional midfielders. If results dont improve, and he has a healthy squad then its curtains and id imagine they will look at Poch or Allegri.

We might never know if he is good enough if we fire him now.

https://www.football365.com/news/ole-reacts-to-stat-showing-hes-had-a-better-pl-start-than-klopp

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Exactly this. We were poor with these players under Jose and Ole has gotten rid of a lot, thats on his head, so how we could be expected to improve im not sure. Its clearly a rebuild phase so im prepared to give him more time and have written off this season in terms of competing but Ole has left him self open to a lot of criticism wtih no replacing Lukaku and our MF is bare bones and as we now see any injuries effect us greatly. Time will tell if hes up to the job but I don't see the point in sacking him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

He's cleared out a lot of dead wood.

Does anybody wonder just how much of that Ole should be getting credit for?

Cleared out a lot of dead wood, thats great, finally, it needed to be done. But what did he actually do?

Because United only sold 2 senior players, and one of them was the striker we really would have been better off keeping. Felliani and Herrera left of their volition, Valencia left himself, Smalling and Sanchez went on loan.

Its a start I guess and you have to start somewhere, but if Joe Bloggs had been in charge those same out of contract players would have left anyway, to me it seems like Ole's contribution to the clear out was to let Smalling go on loan and sell two attackers that we didn't have replacements for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Back Jose - win league and Europa cup
    Back Jose - finish second in league
    Don’t back Jose last summer was justified by those who didn’t like him because our brand of football was awful to watch.

So now it’s accepted that the board didn’t back Ole fully which means he deserves time even though there aren’t any signs anything good is gonna happen soon. No league or Europa cup or 2nd spot that we can even cling to some semblance of hope. No recovery yet since March to suggest he’s turning the ship around. And he’s no managerial pedigree or history to suggest he’s capable of making it work. He’s afforded excuse after excuse that Jose would not of been afforded and people don’t see the irony of their contradictory defence of Ole!

What we have then is “sure give him time and maybe it will work out, he sounds good in interviews and sure we can’t keep sacking managers”. That’s it. That’s literally the only thing we have that would be a logical reason for backing Ole and it’s based on just winging it and hoping he’s as good a manager as he is at talking about football. We all saw how Gary Neville worked out and Valencia didn’t bury their heads in the sand and light a candle to the patron saint of lost causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Your second paragraph is the thing that bugs the fcuk out of me, if the "plan" that is in place is reliant on Ole being the manager we are fcuked and nothing has been learnt over the last now 4 managers since SAF.

The plan should be the clubs and clubs alone not the managers. Like Jose said he's not manager anymore he's the coach. As should Ole be.

• Advertisement

Ole is completely and utterly out of his depth . I fully expect him to be gone soon

• Press conference above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Its utterly bizarre, was the same last season, lads getting their knickers in a twist about who thanked a post. Now they are saying that t-Hanks is the good Ole boys is potentially pillsbury doughboy. There are a few people that have had issues with pillsbury doughboy and thet aren't on this side of the fench. It's so completely clear what is going on. The lads think GOB is t-hanks so one of them (not hard to narrow it down to a handful) made a new account to thank GOBs posts, it is so cringeworthy its bloody hilarious!!!

I've just caught up on this whole thing. Reminds me of when that Nuri Sahin account was found to have blogs about United posters or something. Theres a lot of sad men on this part of the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its utterly bizarre, was the same last season, lads getting their knickers in a twist about who thanked a post. Now they are saying that t-Hanks is the good Ole boys is potentially pillsbury doughboy. There are a few people that have had issues with pillsbury doughboy and thet aren't on this side of the fench. It's so completely clear what is going on. The lads think GOB is t-hanks so one of them (not hard to narrow it down to a handful) made a new account to thank GOBs posts, it is so cringeworthy its bloody hilarious!!!

Dear christ. Theres been less complicated conspiracy theories for Alien Invasion.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Back Jose - win league and Europa cup
    Back Jose - finish second in league
    Don’t back Jose last summer was justified by those who didn’t like him because our brand of football was awful to watch.

So now it’s accepted that the board didn’t back Ole fully which means he deserves time even though there aren’t any signs anything good is gonna happen soon. No league or Europa cup or 2nd spot that we can even cling to some semblance of hope. No recovery yet since March to suggest he’s turning the ship around. And he’s no managerial pedigree or history to suggest he’s capable of making it work. He’s afforded excuse after excuse that Jose would not of been afforded and people don’t see the irony of their contradictory defence of Ole!

What we have then is “sure give him time and maybe it will work out, he sounds good in interviews and sure we can’t keep sacking managers”. That’s it. That’s literally the only thing we have that would be a logical reason for backing Ole and it’s based on just winging it and hoping he’s as good a manager as he is at talking about football. We all saw how Gary Neville worked out and Valencia didn’t bury their heads in the sand and light a candle to the patron saint of lost causes.

League cup you surely meant :p

There is a contradiction though is your reasoning. Ole should be sacked because he is not getting enough out the squad and we are playing poorly?

Recently you said Jose was what we needed. Jose had us playing dour football (even when we got second) and took us to a December position of 6th and not looking good, this was with more squad options and after 4 more transfer windows. He was clearly not doing enough either but is somehow what we needed. Those are some excuses for Jose. You can't have it both ways.

As for Ole being afforded excuse after excuse Ole wouldn't have been, Pogba, Instagram, downing tools etc etc. Jose had more than he fair share of excuses, we had some shocking results to average teams also under Jose. lets not pretend other wise.

For those defending Ole? I don't think its outright defense, I am prepared to give him time, I don't see anybody saying we are playing glittering football right now. Ole definitely has his shortcomings and many areas to improve in but a rebuild is in place and I'm prepared to afford him more. This is time Jose got.

Here's a thought. Neither may or might be good enough for Utd. Ole's failures don't somehow exonerate Jose of his failures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Your second paragraph is the thing that bugs the fcuk out of me, if the "plan" that is in place is reliant on Ole being the manager we are fcuked and nothing has been learnt over the last now 4 managers since SAF.

The plan should be the clubs and clubs alone not the managers. Like Jose said he's not manager anymore he's the coach. As should Ole be.

Who decides the style of play at the club in that case? The manager or the club? Do the club pick the team and the manager just coaches them to be better players? What was Liverpool's 'club and club alone' policy that has them where they are? It's all down to the manager really and not going for mad variations of managers with a different playing style each time which don't suit the players there or that they plan on bringing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Tobin Bell, he of the Saw movie franchise on a visit to OT this morning.

He is quoted as saying that although he has been the star of numerous gruesome movies, its United fans that know what real horror is these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

I am prepared to give him time, I don't see anybody saying we are playing glittering football right now. Ole definitely has his shortcomings and many areas to improve in but a rebuild is in place and I'm prepared to afford him more.

I dont think we have any other choice at the moment, but to give him more time. Did you read/hear the interview Ole gave to Gary Neville this week? I think we all know we are desperately lacking a a few positions: RW, CM, AMC and a proven Striker. But in his interview he says there was money available (for which positions i dont know), but the 'right' players werent available. He said this before, but i kinda didnt believe it (thinking the money wasnt there). But its a fair ballsy gamble by him imo. Liverpool made the mistakes of buying Ballotelli and Benteke a few years back, guys that wouldnt improve them. Ole might have had the opportunity to buy Mandzuckic but if he did, then he would have to stick his hat on him for 2 years. So in a way, you are damned if you do, and damned if you dont (buy a striker).

Ole seems to be doing what he believes is right for the club. Essentially he is sacrificing his managerial reputation for the long-term benefit of the club.

But time will tell if it was the smart move and whether he will get the time. There are still question marks over his credentials as a manager but he certainly has the vision for the club. Whether he has the other key attributes and ingredients a great manager requires remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Has he really done a good job clearing out the deadwood? Sanchez and Smalling will more than likely be back next summer. We only sold two players in the summer Lukaku and Darmian. Valenica and Herrera both left on free transfers and most people would've liked to see Herrera stay.

I look at our squad and next summer we'll still have Sanchez, Smalling, Jones, Bailly, Mata, Grant, Pereira, Rojo, Young, Fosu-Mensah, Matić, Lingard who all arguably should be nowhere near our squad.

Even the transfers in were no brainers, we wanted Maguire last summer and Wan Bissaka was one of the best right backs in the league. Fair enough credit for getting James in but theres even rumours of Giggs being the reason we signed him.

League cup you surely meant :p

There is a contradiction though is your reasoning. Ole should be sacked because he is not getting enough out the squad and we are playing poorly?

Recently you said Jose was what we needed. Jose had us playing dour football (even when we got second) and took us to a December position of 6th and not looking good, this was with more squad options and after 4 more transfer windows. He was clearly not doing enough either but is somehow what we needed. Those are some excuses for Jose. You can't have it both ways.

As for Ole being afforded excuse after excuse Ole wouldn't have been, Pogba, Instagram, downing tools etc etc. Jose had more than he fair share of excuses, we had some shocking results to average teams also under Jose. lets not pretend other wise.

For those defending Ole? I don't think its outright defense, I am prepared to give him time, I don't see anybody saying we are playing glittering football right now. Ole definitely has his shortcomings and many areas to improve in but a rebuild is in place and I'm prepared to afford him more. This is time Jose got.

Here's a thought. Neither may or might be good enough for Utd. Ole's failures don't somehow exonerate Jose of his failures.

Ole has shown us nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest he can turn around what is going on. Asides from the manager bounce that is now clearly just that, what can you say is something we can say points to Ole being a potential success? What exactly has you thinking he can turn it around? I don’t see much evidence to defend him, certainly nothing on the pitch which ultimately is where managers are judged. Football is absolutely muck, it’s worse then last year , how can we not even play half decent football? Why is that? Every club gets injuries, we have the resources to not be in mid table and we haven’t been playing many tough matches to date, so what gives?

Jose was our best chance of success while we are stuck with the muppets running the club. I feel he had the authority to challange them, the authority Ole doesn’t have.. Benchmark Jose agaisnt any of our managers since SAF retired , including Ole and he’s god in comparison. That’s just a reality. Not liking him doesn’t change that.

Jose failed because the club is a mess. A mess before during and after he left. You said it yourself , the club didn’t even properly support Ole.. Jose has won leagues at every club but us, why is that? His last league was only 5 years ago, it was literally the club before he joined United. Seriously, how are you so blind when it comes to this guy? But do you not see the one consistent thing with players and managers who have come here since 2013 is they’ve all under performed. Why? How that be just a crazy coincidence? Do you not see the club is broken and breaks everything it signs? You can dislike somebody and still recognize their achievements but some of you guys really can’t discuss Jose on any sort of balanced level.

People are not saying Jose’s tenure was amazing, I think you guys just can’t get past hating him so much you are loath to concede anything positive about him. I also think some of you banked everything on him being the problem which he clearly wasn’t. The problem is the way the club is run, that’s the single biggest problem with or without Ole or Jose or anybody else.

1. Ole has shown us nothing, absolutely nothing to suggest he can turn around what is going on. Asides from the manager bounce that is now clearly just that, what can you say is something we can say points to Ole being a potential success? What exactly has you thinking he can turn it around? I don’t see much evidence to defend him. Football is absolutely muck, it’s worse then last year , how can we not even play half decent football? Why is that? Every club gets injuries, we have the resources to not be in mid table and we haven’t been playing many tough matches to date, so what gives?

Jose was our best chance of success while we are stuck with the muppets running the club. I feel he had the authority to challange them, the authority Ole doesn’t have.. Benchmark Jose agaisnt any of our managers since SAF retired , including Ole and he’s god in comparison. That’s just a reality. Not liking him doesn’t change that.

2. Jose failed because the club is a mess. You said it yourself , the club didn’t even properly support Ole.. Jose has won leagues at every club but us, why is that? His last league was only 5 years ago, it was literally the club before he joined United. Seriously, how are you so blind when it comes to this guy? But do you not see the one consistent thing with players and managers who have come here since 2013 is they’ve all under performed. Why? How that be just a crazy coincidence? Do you not see the club is broken and breaks everything it signs? You can dislike somebody and still recognize their achievements but some of you guys really can’t discuss Jose on any sort of balanced level.

People are not saying Jose’s tenure was amazing, I think you guys just can’t get past hating him so much you are loath to concede anything positive about him. I also think some of you banked everything on him being the problem which he clearly wasn’t. The problem is the way the club is run, that’s the single biggest problem with or without Ole or Jose or anybody else.

1. Well you totally ignored the point where I said its more about giving him time to rebuild rather than defending him or his football and i said as i did before that the football is poor and he has much to learn. You just ignored all that.

2. Where did I say the club didn't properly support Ole? I said the transfer window was less than ideal. Ole has since said the targets he didn't go for that were available because he wants the right players. Its his choice to suffer short term to hold off for better long term signings, whether its a good decision is yet to be seen but right now he's had two less seasons and less cash than Jose.

A whole lot of assumptions there and you ignored what I said. Like i said in my post, Ole's failures, and we can all see them, don't exonerate Jose of his failures. Even in the 2nd place finish under Jose we were playing some terrible football and it got worse the season after. Jose throwing a strop was utterly unprofessional, for that he should be not let anywhere near the club.

Your dying to create a narrative of Ole's defenders vs Jose. I'm willing at this point to give him more time, not to declare him better than Jose or anyone else. Thats quite clear in my post but your trying to push your agenda. I'll leave you to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Who decides the style of play at the club in that case? The manager or the club? Do the club pick the team and the manager just coaches them to be better players? What was Liverpool's 'club and club alone' policy that has them where they are? It's all down to the manager really and not going for mad variations of managers with a different playing style each time which don't suit the players there or that they plan on bringing in.

1. The club. The philosophy is the club's
    2. The manager/coach picks and coaches them
    3. Stopped caring about Liverpool when they missed out on the title the season after saf left.
    4. That's the point, is there no better options out there for a coach/manager that is better then Ole? That will look to fullfil the plan set out by whoever Ole or the club to play fast attacking football/high press or whatever the plan is suppose to be it doesn't need a mad variation

I don't want mad variations in managers again, it's a recipe for a train wreck which we've seen and in trying to rectify it now if we believe what is coming from the club we are sticking with another wreck because the plan is in place just like the LVG plan the Jose plan now it's the Ole plan it's working wonders so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

A breakdown of how bad we are under Ole, even with the players downing tools under Jose last season before he was sacked we were performing better

So Alexis created 2 fewer big chances than world class Paul Pogba with a fraction of the game time last season and Ole’s purple patch and the goals scored were a statistical anomaly.

1. Well you totally ignored the point where I said its more about giving him time to rebuild rather than defending him or his football and i said as i did before that the football is poor and he has much to learn. You just ignored all that.

2. Where did I say the club didn't properly support Ole? I said the transfer window was less than ideal. Ole has since said the targets he didn't go for that were available because he wants the right players. Its his choice to suffer short term to hold off for better long term signings, whether its a good decision is yet to be seen but right now he's had two less seasons and less cash than Jose.

A whole lot of assumptions there and you ignored what I said. Like i said in my post, Ole's failures, and we can all see them, don't exonerate Jose of his failures. Even in the 2nd place finish under Jose we were playing some terrible football and it got worse the season after. Jose throwing a strop was utterly unprofessional, for that he should be not let anywhere near the club.

Your dying to create a narrative of Ole's defenders vs Jose. I'm willing at this point to give him more time, not to declare him better than Jose or anyone else. Thats quite clear in my post but your trying to push your agenda. I'll leave you to it.

There is a very obvious correlation between those giving Ole a lot of room to manoeuvre versus those who were always jumping down Jose’s throat at any chance. I know I’m not the only person who is seeing it.

You haven’t given any reason why Ole deserves more time. You just keep saying he deserves time, why? What has he done to deserve it? What can we fall back on to reassure ourselves he’s the man for the job? You aren’t giving any case for his defence, just saying he needs time.

It’s the same thing with the supposed “dead wood” that’s being offloaded. This a false narrative from those who think changing the entire squad or manager is the solution.

1 Ole wasn’t a planned appointment, he was a last minute replacement who was supposed to be a short term stop gap while the club got its sh.*t together
    2. He got the job because of results that we now know were an anomaly
    3. Why is he still in the job ? If it’s not for style of football, for playing good football or making players happy or results, what exactly is his competency that we can trust

It’s like the way Gareth southgate got the England job but without any identifiable positive on the field. There is of course a chance he will work out, but there is just nothing we can discuss that suggest that will happen.

I don’t see how any of that excuses terrible coaching of the players, no clearly identifiable game plan and and inability to effect games with a change of tactics or personnel.

You know the whole management thing.

• Advertisement

beno619 wrote: »
    I don’t see how any of that excuses terrible couching of the players

Couching of the players, is this a new thing ? Do I want to even know what couching is?

1. There is a very obvious correlation between those giving Ole a lot of room to manoeuvre versus those who were always jumping down Jose’s throat at any chance. I know I’m not the only person who is seeing it.

2. You haven’t given any reason why Ole deserves more time. You just keep saying he deserves time, why? What has he done to deserve it? What can we fall back on to reassure ourselves he’s the man for the job? You aren’t giving any case for his defence, just saying he needs time.

It’s the same thing with the supposed “dead wood” that’s being offloaded. This a false narrative from those who think changing the entire squad or manager is the solution.

1 Ole wasn’t a planned appointment, he was a last minute replacement who was supposed to be a short term stop gap while the club got its sh.*t together
    2. He got the job because of results that we now know were an anomaly
    3. Why is he still in the job ? If it’s not for style of football, for playing good football or making players happy or results, what exactly is his competency that we can trust

It’s like the way Gareth southgate got the England job but without any identifiable positive on the field. There is of course a chance he will work out, but there is just nothing we can discuss that suggest that will happen.

1. No. I've seen a few who wanted Jose gone want Ole gone. I'm willing to give Ole more time to squad build, not "room to maneuver" or whatever way your trying to spin it. I also gave Jose this time even though not a fan. I called for his in his third season as did many.

2. I have said many times Ole is trying a rebuild and thats why I'm giving him more time that everyone before him was afforded. I have never called for a sacking this early on with Moyes LVG or Jose because as we have seen its pointless and I don't think its a solution. Jose had more time and money than all of the mentioned managers and produced a poor outcome.

I've been clear on this, you keep trying to misrepresent. The Jose Haters vs Ole fans is an argument going on in your head so leave me out of it.

Lukaku wasn't Deadwood

1. No. I've seen a few who wanted Jose gone want Ole gone. I'm willing to give Ole more time to squad build, not "room to maneuver" or whatever way your trying to spin it. I also gave Jose this time even though not a fan.

I’m gonna save us both time and not respond to your other stuff.

So you are giving Ole time cause it’s called a rebuild? Have you anything to add to why Ole is the right man to do that?

And incidentally I’m not calling for Ole to be sacked but he should never of gotten the job. I said a few days ago that sacking him solves nothing. But I do think he’s on a hiding to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Greenwood has signed a new contract to 2023 with option to 2024

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Lukaku wasn't Deadwood

Clearly wasn't capable of playing fast fluid football and pressing for 90 minutes like the rest of the forward line..........

Lukaku and Fellaini would have bailed Olé out so many times over the past 7 months, he'll have nobody to blame but himself.

I said a few days ago that sacking him solves nothing.

Which is something I disagree with.

The squad may be lacking, but it is also poorly coached and utilised, we have 8 months of terrible performances as evidence of that. A better coach will do better with that squad than Ole is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Lukaku wasn't Deadwood

Lukaku in the team now push rashford to the right and we would be scoring goals

OLE has proved he is a puppet saying all signings and sales are down to him

He is a convenience for the glazers and Woodward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The selling of fellaini, Lukaku, loaning Sanchez and allowing our hardest working midfielder to leave on a free without buying a forward or midfielder to replace should be a sackable offense at the very least

It has left us in all sorts of ****e

Absolute cluster **** by OLE

I know it's the board btw but OLE owned all that in the interview there

Absolute disgrace, no pity for OLE now

• Advertisement

Which is something I disagree with.

The squad may be lacking, but it is also poorly coached and utilised, we have 8 months of terrible performances as evidence of that. A better coach will do better with that squad than Ole is.

I agree with your sentiments, I just feel sacking Ole fixes little in the long term. He should never of gotten the job so I want to see the Glazers/Woodward pay badly for another one of their stupid mistakes.

I am at the stage where I want things to go really bad. I dont see any coach coming in and raising things beyond Wengers last few years level and thats not acceptable as far as I am concerned. I think the last 7 years at United are gonna be repeated ad naseum and I dont want an allegri or Poch to come in and sort of arrest things so we can get used to 4th-6th.

I mean, i remember i used to scoff at Roman's methods at chelsea but whatever he is doing he has created conditions where anybody seems to be able to come into that club and do something pretty good over 2-3 years. Meanwhile we get "rebuild" every two or three years, get a fed bunch of horsesh*t about what the club is supposedly trying to do. I mean at this stage I am expecting the club to just come out and say its "fake news" to suggest United are in trouble cause its clearly all under control . . An interim manager nobody plucked from obscurity was the droid we were looking for all along ! !

God , I f**king hate Woodward . ..

I agree with your sentiments, I just feel sacking Ole fixes little in the long term. He should never of gotten the job so I want to see the Glazers/Woodward pay badly for another one of their stupid mistakes.

Short term goes before the long term. Of course a long term plan is needed but that doesn't mean sit on our hands letting things rot while we wait for bigger things to happen.

Ole is making a total hames of that job, both the rebuild and also the job of getting a team performing. And it is a fallacy to say that if we want a rebuild we need to stick with Ole, those people saying that are full of it. Sacking a bad manager doesn't stop a rebuild at all, especially not when it hasn't even really started anyway.

I still believe the obvious choice for the club is to sack Ole, get another caretaker manager until the end of the season, make some no-brainer purchases in the January window and then appoint a new manager and a DOF before next summer. Whats the alternative? Take another 6 months to finally figure out the ****ing obvious with regards to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Fred hasn’t found a teammate with a through ball since April and lingard hasn’t got a goal or assist all season.

Without Pogba we are bunched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

BDI wrote: »
    Just getting behind the boss. Positive mental attitude.
    BDI wrote: »
    Fred hasn’t found a teammate with a through ball since April and lingard hasn’t got a goal or assist all season.

Without Pogba we are bunched.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

Yeah we need to all help each other through moments of doubt like that.

I’m gonna save us both time and not respond to your other stuff.

So you are giving Ole time cause it’s called a rebuild? Have you anything to add to why Ole is the right man to do that?

And incidentally I’m not calling for Ole to be sacked but he should never of gotten the job. I said a few days ago that sacking him solves nothing. But I do think he’s on a hiding to nothing.

This is just getting tiresome now and ridiculous. I have said in my past several posts I don't know if Ole is the right man for Utd. Thats the whole concept of giving him time, we will find out. He has never had a rebuild like this to do before, so there is no evidence he can or can't do it, hence why time will tell. I'm tempted to ask do you get it now but I don't think you want to get it, you'd rather push the Ole camp vs Jose camp nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Expecting a huge bounce back this weekend.

Maybe a nice 4-2 or 3-1 win in spectacular fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Expecting a huge bounce back this weekend.

Maybe a nice 4-2 or 3-1 win in spectacular fashion.

I'm expecting us to be trounced

Thats the whole concept of giving him time, we will find out. He has never had a rebuild like this to do before, so there is no evidence he can or can't do it, hence why time will tell.

I wouldn't even allow that logic if I was picking a guy to paint a fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Headshot wrote: »

Never knew you were a Liverpool fan.

Headshot wrote: »

I'm expecting a boring 0-0 or 1-0, like every other big match between the teams.

Win, lose or draw doesn't really matter anyway, not to the bigger picture.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement