Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

8-10 wrote: »
    Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves all dropped points and were playing worse teams than Arsenal

Arsenal without a home win since the beginning of October and a team that can be got at.
    They worked harder than United tonight, that's not something you associate with Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

pjohnson wrote: »
    And that makes that United performance good/enjoyable because????

That wasn't the question I answered. You asked for something to smile about. Rivals dropping points the same day you do is always a silver lining. On to the next game.

Arsenal without a home win since the beginning of October and a team that can be got at.
    They worked harder than United tonight, that's not something you associate with Arsenal.

New manager bounce though. Ole had the same bounce when he started if you recall some of the performances when he was caretaker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Don't know where that Pogba being advised by his people comment has come from.

Just seen Ole press conference there now, he said he was advised by a consultant to have the surgery sooner rather than later and that the scans were done by Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Weepsie wrote: »
    VVD would, but he'd definitely improve them,

I've, and others, have picked on plenty others. I just don't see why MAguire is above any criticism which he seems to be in some circles. And it's not just one him and his play.

It's why was he brought in in the first place? If he was the very best available, wait for something better. Look at other areas to strenghten that could be done. Why focus on one or 2 positions at a time, and why not go for the best overall upgrade you can get, regardless of position.

Idrissa Gueye was available for 30 million. Would've improved midfield and defense, maybe only for 2-3 seasons, but it would've been something.

Fair enough Weepsie, wasn't trying to say you were only focusing on him. There were a number of players who could have improved us short term, fully agree. Unfortunately, we are so badly run that it was decided to spend 80m on a defender when we already had 5/6 centre halves at the club.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Just seen Ole press conference there now, he said he was advised by a consultant to have the surgery sooner rather than later and that the scans were done by Man Utd.

It as before the press conference in the post match interviews(could have been MUTV)

I’d say someone had a word with him before he sat down for the press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

adox wrote: »
    It as before the press conference in the post match interviews(could have been MUTV)

I’d say someone had a word with him before he sat down for the press conference.

Maybe so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Grealish strikes me as medium fish in a small pond, he would do okay in the team we have now but if we have any aspirations champions league football Grealish isn’t the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pogba = mess.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »

It was on NBC or whatever the channel is called, he said it in the interview after the game not in the press conference, he seemed to be back tracking in the conference

adox wrote: »

Madness but not unexpected for this club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Weepsie wrote: »
    And what does the clubs medical staff think?

It's an omnishambles now.

Just an excuse, the waster doesn't want to play, looking for a club to come in for him, another Ballotelli character.

Madness but not unexpected for this club

I'm totally with the pundits, unbelievable that he's suggesting he's having surgery because of his people and not the club. Made it sound like they have no say in the matter.

I've never heard anything like that before, I know that having surgery or not is sometimes up to the player depending on the injury so maybe it's something like that. As in, he could be 80% until the summer and have surgery then or be out for 3-4 weeks now having the surgery in-season then be back to 100% from Feb - May

It could be something like that and he's getting the advice that it's better to have the surgery now and get the recovery over with. But the way he suggested it there was really weird. Maybe he did misspeak or misrepresent it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm convinced Ole mispoke on it

Cannot believe this would happen tbh

Headshot wrote: »

Yeah I bet there was an option presented by the medical staff at some point and that's what he's referring to. At the same time I wouldn't trust Pogba's entourage but it's still a professional club with a top class medical staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Is this Pogba situation some sort of ploy to reduce his market value for a cut price sale to Real Madrid?

Never have I seen a situation like this in football.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Is this Pogba situation some sort of ploy to reduce his market value for a cut price sale to Real Madrid?

Never have I seen a situation like this in football.

Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Zico ! wrote: »
    No credibility when you can't even spell Maguire

wow

Headshot wrote: »

Did you watch it look at this face I dont think he mis spoke at all, I think he might of had a word in his ear going into the press conference though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Ole didn't mis-speak on that, stop clutching at straws.......... please!!

Ole simply got caught off guard and spoke the truth, that this club has no control over Pogba, before some PR member told him to spin it differently in the post match presser.

How long more do we have to put up with this tragedy? Both Ole and Pogba!

• Ole didn't mis-speak on that, stop clutching at straws.......... please!!

Ole simply got caught off guard and spoke the truth, that this club has no control over Pogba, before some PR member told him to spin it differently in the post match presser.

How long more do we have to put up with this tragedy? Both Ole and Pogba!

It needs another season

That's what some actually believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

It needs another season

That's what some actually believe

All we need now is some posters like last night, coming in saying that Pogba has given no reason for us to question his commitment.

Stevie Wonder could read through the lines of what is happening behind the scenes.

Woodward's ingenuity in backing inconsistent, non-committed, but marketable players against a proven manager was a master-stroke!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

8-10 wrote: »
    New manager bounce though. Ole had the same bounce when he started if you recall some of the performances when he was caretaker

New manager bounce? That's their first win in 3 with him, or 4 if we can count when he was watching from stands.

And they didn't get a bounce when Emery was sacked as they were awful for ljunbergs games.

However, Arteta, having worked under Pep, probably has a wider variety of tactical nous than Ole whom I don't think has much if any unfortunately.

I hate to see it. Loved him as a player as most did, but it's dreadful and painful to watch.

So Pogba's 'people' said he needs surgery. Are these the same people who under Jose told him to do his rehab abroad away from United's medical staff and against Jose's wishes only to make his injury worse and lengthen his return?
    The same people who thought it was a good idea to do the exact same thing under Ole by playing basketball on an injured ankle?
    How many professionals do we see carrying on like this?
    The only time we might see a social post by them is in recovery at their club,not swanning around the world like a WAG would.

Pogba is bigger than the club

And they’ve let it be that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Grealish strikes me as medium fish in a small pond, he would do okay in the team we have now but if we have any aspirations champions league football Grealish isn’t the answer
    would be a massive improvement on jesse

Pogba is bigger than the club

And they’ve let it be that way

He could have been a club legend but never had the attitude or work ethic to fulfill that.
    Wasted both his and the club's time.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Poxy thing about Pogba being injured is that I was holding some hope he could force a move in January. Now it’ll be in the Summer after months and months of comments from his circle leading to more speculation. Please PSG just give us a good excuse to get rid of him by doing a deal we can’t refuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Arsenal have good attackers, United don't. Rashford could become as good as Auba some day but is behind now. Lacazette is miles better than Martial and Pepe, even with all of his struggles is a premium player and superior to James. Ozil dropping into midfield to run the game while Lingard flitted between being marked by the CBs and the DMs was baffling and there was no tactical change until late on. With Torreira beside him, Xhaka was freed to play the kind of game he does at international level and that is a very good one. Their defence is obviously shaky but it was never going to be threatened by the setup and attitude on display from United.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    Arsenal have good attackers, United don't. Rashford could become as good as Auba some day but is behind now. Lacazette is miles better than Martial and Pepe, even with all of his struggles is a premium player and superior to James. Ozil dropping into midfield to run the game while Lingard flitted between being marked by the CBs and the DMs was baffling and there was no tactical change until late on. With Torreira beside him, Xhaka was freed to play the kind of game he does at international level and that is a very good one. Their defence is obviously shaky but it was never going to be threatened by the setup and attitude on display from United.

You just laid out the failings in coaching at United.
    But it's okay cos Ole said "the lads are fitter now"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

[url]

Have a read of this. Truly mindboggling how it’s being allowed to continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

No matter what the truth of this whole pogba situation is Ole has handled it awful. If he ‘mispoke’ or if pogbas people are really calling the shots either way Ole has shown himself to be totally out of depth and utterly lacking leadership skills.

Not sure how the players can take him any way serious to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

That second one can't be a real quote???

Oh it was, I remember cringing hard when he came out with that gem.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The thing is the away games I’ve been at , the fans are still singing his name ! He’s a long way off being sacked unfortunately! Don’t get me started on Lingard I nearly got lynched for calling him out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

would be a massive improvement on jesse

One of us would be an improvement on him tbf. At least we wouldn't be twats with a clothing brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Don’t get me started on Lingard I nearly got lynched for calling him out

Lingard was truly awful yesterday but the abuse he's gotten because of his 2019 stats are over the top.

Every player was some variation of ****e in 2019 and the attack has been as sharp as a spoon, if everyone else picks up but he still can't get back to his best he'll have no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

beno619 wrote: »
    Lingard was truly awful yesterday but the abuse he's gotten because of his 2019 stats are over the top.

Every player was some variation of ****e in 2019 and the attack has been as sharp as a spoon, if everyone else picks up but he still can't get back to his best he'll have no excuses.

Honestly what is his best? This isn't just some Rooney type loss of form where he had baron spells for a few weeks this is an average footballer who has shown absolutely nothing to warrant persisting with him and hoping he finds some sort of level that has never really been there in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

beno619 wrote: »

The fact is that he is playing in one of the most important and creative positions in the team, zero goals and zero assists in the position he is playing brings the whole team down as a result, the only thing he has been decent at playing is running around and pressing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Lingard and James look too small in stature for their roles. A fair shoulder will pretty much knock them off the ball. Bulking up might be an option for James but that might impact his main strong point -speed. Lingard is never going to be able to bulk up to be a commanding midfielder and can be bossed out of it my most defensive midfielders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Lingard and James look too small in stature for their roles. A fair shoulder will pretty much knock them off the ball. Bulking up might be an option for James but that might impact his main strong point -speed. Lingard is never going to be able to bulk up to be a commanding midfielder and can be bossed out of it my most defensive midfielders

I dont get this point, some of the best playmakers and no10's in the world smaller than Lingard. Size has nothing to do with the ability to take a ball by a man or to play decent passes through the lines.

I personally think that lingard is being played in a position not suited to himself, he is a clever footballer, he is great at making runs in behind and dragging the defenders out of position..

He is not a number 10, he doesnt have the ability with the ball at his feet to be the link between midfield and the forwards. He naturally stays too far up the pitch and at the moment I'm not sure whether that is down to him or Ole telling him to do that.. either way, it doesnt work and Ole should be able to see that, so that much is on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Honestly what is his best? This isn't just some Rooney type loss of form where he had baron spells for a few weeks this is an average footballer who has shown absolutely nothing to warrant persisting with him and hoping he finds some sort of level that has never really been there in the first place.

Spot on. Lingard is average at best. He's a player who can have a short run of games where he looks good but for most of his Utd career he's just been about Ok. Never really rated him to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Spot on. Lingard is average at best. He's a player who can have a short run of games where he looks good but for most of his Utd career he's just been about Ok. Never really rated him to be honest.

West Ham or similar is his level tbh, always has been and always will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

There's no quick fix here. Too many of the players are no where near the level required and the one of the ones who is doesn't want to be there. Add in an obviously out of his depth manager and it makes up the ****show Man Utd are in 2020. Getting rid of Ole would be a step in the right direction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bmcc10 wrote: »

Unless you didn't watch Manchester United pre 2019 I'm not going to attempt to explain what he can bring to the table when in decent form as some people don't and won't ever see it.

I'm not even saying he should be persisted with I'm just saying the abuse he's receives is ott.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement