Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Liverpool removing the owners was different to the Glazers. The banks were taking back the club and the board approved to the sale to FSG which the owners could do nothing about.
    Ye are stuck with them unless they are offered a ridiculous valuation and even then it'll probably be another leveraged buyout. You won't find many cash buyers willing to pay £3bn plus for a premier league club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

No, nobody, there is not one single person, in the entire Man United fan base who thinks the problem at United does not go deeper than the manager.

So why do fans keep turning to managers to fix the problems? This really is a “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” scenario. Why can chelsea , city , Leicester even change managers regularly and still meet high levels ? Rogers and Klopp were both able to put in solid challenges to the league (klopp about to win it). Managers are not our problem.

I’ve seen the Ole is a “yes man” argument made consistently in here. Maybe he is but there are serious issues with this complaint.

Jose Mourinho got sacked for being the exact opposite of a yes man. It was one of his best qualities IMO in that he was challenging Woodward for better players and higher standards. The club pulled the rug from under him and we got what many expected which was a jose meltdown. And fans turned on Jose as if he was the problem all along, there is a very similar thing happen with Ole, all beit for different reasons.

What sort of authority do people think Ole really has if jose Mourinho can’t talk Woodward into signing players after getting us our best league finish in over half a decade?! If Woodward is as sh*t at transfers as we all suspect, why is that Oles fault? Seriously, why should our manager be blamed for the clubs consistently poor transfer dealings?

Top managers can get the most out of good squads, even more so if they are backed when they need it. Do you see united breaking a world record for a GK or a centre back in January if a United manager needs it over the course of 6-12 months to take us to the next level? Not a chance, so the top 4 model will continue, just about do enough and that’s grand.

Who really things Poch is going to come in, work under Woodward and win a league or CL? I don’t think many are that deluded so all people want is Poch to come in and get us top 4 and maybe a nice run in the CL. If we are honest with ourselves, that’s where we are at right now. So why bypass Woodward? Why bypass what we know is the biggest problem? Why get in Poch to bandaid up what we all know to be the biggest problem?

Some people thought I was mad to say that I would take relegation IF it got rid of the glazers. I don’t want to be relegated and it doesn’t have to happen but I don’t see a good future while they are in charge or while they continue to run the club the way they have been running it. I am also really worried about how badly they have run their American football team. Everything points to owners who know how to do just enough to make money but the clubs/fans are the ones left paying for it.

In terms of Ole, maybe he can somehow make things work. Maybe with a couple of seasons he can work within the sh*tshow structures and build us back up. Whether he can or not I don’t see the benefit of getting angry at him, like anything else at the club, he’s endorsed by Woodward and the owners. Fans need to stop jumping on managers and vent that rage at the real parasites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Its a very real problem. We have three "good" signings that have come in and make absolutely **** all difference to the side, and despite new blood being desperately required the likelihood is that whoever we buy next is not going to be the sort of world beater that improves everybody around him, but instead be yet another player of potential who will regress because he is now surrounded by and coached by dross.

The reason the next player won't be a world beater or even a player who makes a difference is because they simply don't want to join a **** show that we have became.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Drumpot wrote: »
    So why do fans keep turning to managers to fix the problems? This really is a “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” scenario.

Without getting into the inane fact that nothing we say or do here matters a **** to what happens with the club, your entire point is based on the faulty logic that we can't fix anything until we "fix" the owners.

The owners are bad, the manager is poor and the players are gutless. Those are three interconnected problems but it simply is not true that we cannot address them separately.

We can continue to improve the squad. We can get a better coaching setup. We can agitate to replace the owners. Forgive me if I prefer to discuss the two of those things that might actually happen.

This was working for a while I remember certainly on Twitter when they were getting Glazers Out to trend, etc. Not ground breaking but a start.

At the ground is where it should really be happening, more TV camera's to vent anger, signs (undoubtedly taken away prob), a walkout, etc. I don't think by not going will change anything as seats will be filled.

Arsenal fans at the Frankfurt game vented against Emery, surely can happen at OT v Glazers.

Then again, maybe this forum is not indicative of others opinions as mentioned before. Going over next week so will get more of the general opinion amongst game going fans week in, week out.

Would you Let us know if you see any dissenters at the game?

It seems very hard for anything to get going. They seem to know how to do just enough to neuter fans rage or deflect it. There’s a reason why they hire so many former fan favorites as ambassadors. There is a reason why Ole makes so much sense from a media perspective. Former team mates are loath to turn agaisnt him and want him to succeed. I remember a story early this season where supposedly the club reached out to Gary Neville to try and get him onside with their strategy. This is nonsense and just another example of how while the club is poor in footballing terms , it’s still very good at PR and promoting itself.

I understand why Fans turn on managers and players. It gives hope and is the most likely thing to change. But I think it’s going to have to change if we are going to instigate real change. I can’t fathom how a club as rich as United is doing so bad. I used to have this discussion with my friend who said “money always levels things out” when it comes to clubs spending to be top level. But it doesn’t work for us, why is that? Why is United the only club in the world that can’t spend its riches in a way that should in theory have us always challanging for top honors!!!

We should be able to have Avram Grant as manager and still be challanging....

Without getting into the inane fact that nothing we say or do here matters a **** to what happens with the club, your entire point is based on the faulty logic that we can't fix anything until we "fix" the owners.

The owners are bad, the manager is poor and the players are gutless. Those are three interconnected problems but it simply is not true that we cannot address them separately.

We can continue to improve the squad. We can get a better coaching setup. We can agitate to replace the owners. Forgive me if I prefer to discuss the two of those things that might actually happen.

How do you think there is no connection between the manager, the squad and the owners? Maybe on a one off season they can be separate but after 7 years it’s clear that they are connected. Just like the success of Liverpool is down to the club pulling in the same direction at all levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Solskjaer nominated for December Manager of the Month by the PL

8-10 wrote: »
    Solskjaer nominated for December Manager of the Month by the PL

I can see some fans struggle to enhance their calm at this information :pac:

giphy.gif

Just two questions. Who is going to get these players to improve our squad, who is going to oversee the transfers.

And what manager do you think will do a better job and will be willing to risk his reputation with us.

• Advertisement

How do you think there is no connection between the manager, the squad and the owners?

I said they were interconnected, which is the very opposite of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

I said they were interconnected, which is the very opposite of this.

My bad, had my caffeine hit and misread your post.

xtal191 wrote: »

Sure they were missing against arsenal also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

xtal191 wrote: »

Excuse for losing sorted already, deadly.

Ole nominated for December manager of the month...lovely...even the PL are trolling us United fans now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you don't think someone like Poch would be increasing our chances to beat the likes of 1 Win Watford or a host of other relegation form teams, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, the Glaziers and Woodward are an issue.

But the team should be more than capable of beating relegation teams. Ole is so tactically naive, and replacing him with even a semi-competent coach would see an improvement. Not a massive one. Not one that would get us back to title challangers. But 100% a better manager would have us back up in the top 4 right now, given the stupid points we've dropped to utter **** teams.

Ole nominated for December manager of the month...lovely...even the PL are trolling us United fans now.

This is a joke right. This cannot be serious

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you don't think someone like Poch would be increasing our chances to beat the likes of 1 Win Watford or a host of other relegation form teams, I don't know what to tell you.

Yes, the Glaziers and Woodward are an issue.

But the team should be more than capable of beating relegation teams. Ole is so tactically naive, and replacing him with even a semi-competent coach would see an improvement. Not a massive one. Not one that would get us back to title challangers. But 100% a better manager would have us back up in the top 4 right now, given the stupid points we've dropped to utter **** teams.

Disagree. Pochs biggest battle would be with Woodward and Co. Thats if he would even be mad enough to come.

This is a joke right. This cannot be serious

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1213067522234372097

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Drew with Everton, Villa and lost to Watford.

blackadder-gif-11.gif

• This only makes matters worse.

I thought it was a piss take on Twitter earlier

It should be posted in the humour thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,772 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's like when Bolton under Sam, or many of Steve Bruce's teams used to put it up to the big guys and the FA and BBC etc would be there to lavish praise overlooking the utter tosh that would normally be served up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He was just nominated.

Utd won 4, drew 2, lost 1 in December.

That is why he is one of 3 nominated rather than the one who will win.

Chelsea lost 3 games, City, Leicester, Spurs, Wolves all lost 2 as comparisons in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

For people saying Poch wouldn’t change current results, what do you suggest we do, fold the club?

People saying poch will change results. If he doesn't do we just go on the manager merry go round again.
    I'm not against poch coming in. That's if he would a big if I think.
    I just don't think its going to change a thing.
    I have asked this before if you care to answer. Who is going to be in charge of getting the players he needs and making sure the deals are done. We know the answer and know the outcome.

I just don't think its going to change a thing.

Tell me something. Ole has a far worse record than Jose despite not falling out with any of the players and supposedly still having the dressing room on side.

Why do you think that is?

Tell me something. Ole has a far worse record than Jose despite not falling out with any of the players and supposedly still having the dressing room on side.

Why do you think that is?

Sure.
    Could be Mourinho was a better manager. Which I definitely think he was.
    Could be he was luckier with results.
    Could even be that the squad has even got worse performance wise since Mourinho was in charge..
    Why do you think if Mourinho had of stayed we would be making better progress.

Buckety buck.i asked you a question back a bit. Could you answer me.9360.

Buckety buck.i asked you a question back a bit. Could you answer me.9360.

This one?
    Just two questions. Who is going to get these players to improve our squad, who is going to oversee the transfers.

And what manager do you think will do a better job and will be willing to risk his reputation with us.
    No. I don't much bother with that game of "name 5 managers/players who are better etc etc".

Pick a name out of a hat if you want.

• Advertisement

This one?

No. I don't much bother with that game of "name 5 managers/players who are better etc etc".

Pick a name out of a hat if you want.

Not at all what I asked. Thanks for replying.

The Nal wrote: »
    Drew with Everton, Villa and lost to Watford.

blackadder-gif-11.gif

Beat spurs , City, only team to get any points off Pool this season, Nominated for best manager of December and a hell of a nice guy

tumblr_inline_pizl8a8Fbc1shrb8p_540.gif

The funny thing is that most people are in agreement about Woodward/Glazers and I’m not sure many wouid argue that Poch is a more proven manager then Ole. I see it that Poch is just a bandaid that will just buy the owners another 2-3 years to string us along before they pull the plug again.

I don’t just want better then what we have had the last seven years , I want at least consistent challanges for league titles and champions not because we have a right to be doing it but because the club is in a financial position to make that happen. that’s not going to happen by changing managers under this current structure. Changing managers works for other clubs because other clubs are well run. So you can’t “fix” issues by putting a better manager into a broken club, you only improve the sh*tty situation relative to being a sh*t situation.

As I said, maybe Ole will be able to make the cluster f**k of a club function. Maybe he can slowly implement change that we won’t fully appreciate for awhile. Or maybe things will go so bad that things will ultimately change simply because they have to. The worst thing for me would be Poch to come in and scrape champions league football for a few seasons. I’d rather concurrent relagation battles because this club isn’t spurs or Leicester or Chelsea or even Liverpool. We have the resources to be level or comfortably above all these clubs and it’s not managers pissing away this advantage.

I mean it is actually kind of crazy that fans are desperate to get a better manager who they know will be let down by Woodward like every other manager we have had. At this stage I can’t fathom how everybody isn’t just talking about Woodward and the Glazers. Maybe it’s boring and repetitive but the club stands a much better chance of success if these are forced out or forced to make changes none of which will happen if we continue to focus our anger on managers.

I suggest if fans are feeling like eventually things will get better have a read about the Glazers ownership of The Bucs. They have form at destroying fans hopes and making clubs into cash machines that give back nothing to their fans. And just when you think things can’t get any worse, they lower the bar...

Will posting it on a board make a difference? Maybe not, but neither will bitching about our manager every other week, so think of this like my act of cathartic relaase. We all have our ways of dealing with the clubs collapse from greatness...

Here’s something I posted 10 years ago
    As a United fan, I hope Fergie leaves along with Rooney . . He is deserving of more support then this from the owners . . The old phrase "If you love something, set it free" comes to mind. . It would be selfish for any United fan to expect fergie to try to keep up a sinking ship.

I hope the club goes into administration and the owners are left with nothing or a loss like those other yank twats Hicks and Gillette . . Sometimes things have to get worse before they can get better and if its a case United wont stump up the cash for players or Rooney, then I hope the Glazers get seriously burned . .

I dont want to see Fergie go another 5 years trying to build success on bargain basement players and having to selloff our best players every couple of seasons . . The club cannot sustain this level of debt and prolonging the tenure of the Glazers will only prolong the agony . . I would prefer a quick sharp pain, then death by several seasons demise . .

I gave up complaining because nobody wants to hear it to be fair. I’ve always been agaisnt those leeches and we face oblivion under their management. I really thought Jose would be the final straw but it appears fans have moved onto thinking Poch will make us great again or at least make things more bearable, that’s just not enough for me.

Southend United can confirm Ethan Hamilton has returned to Manchester United.

Sooner the unrest starts the better, empty seats and banners out the better. The time for pussyfooting around is over. At least other teams and supporters will see that some of us still care about the club and want the leeches and the ones stealing a living gone. Other supporters must be bewildered how we just seem to sit back and take it.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Southend United can confirm Ethan Hamilton has returned to Manchester United.

He is cup tied for FA and League cup so hardly coming back to play?

DM_7 wrote: »
    He is cup tied for FA and League cup so hardly coming back to play?

Apparently he was struggling to get time with them, but he is a midfielder so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What lineup will we see tomorrow with Martial out?

I'm hoping to see Romero start, for a goalie of his calibre to be stuck on the bench is criminal.

With our injuries and over all crapness, Wolves are big favourites for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Beat spurs , City, only team to get any points off Pool this season, Nominated for best manager of December and a hell of a nice guy

tumblr_inline_pizl8a8Fbc1shrb8p_540.gif

The funny thing is that most people are in agreement about Woodward/Glazers and I’m not sure many wouid argue that Poch is a more proven manager then Ole. I see it that Poch is just a bandaid that will just buy the owners another 2-3 years to string us along before they pull the plug again.

I don’t just want better then what we have had the last seven years , I want at least consistent challanges for league titles and champions not because we have a right to be doing it but because the club is in a financial position to make that happen. that’s not going to happen by changing managers under this current structure. Changing managers works for other clubs because other clubs are well run. So you can’t “fix” issues by putting a better manager into a broken club, you only improve the sh*tty situation relative to being a sh*t situation.

As I said, maybe Ole will be able to make the cluster f**k of a club function. Maybe he can slowly implement change that we won’t fully appreciate for awhile. Or maybe things will go so bad that things will ultimately change simply because they have to. The worst thing for me would be Poch to come in and scrape champions league football for a few seasons. I’d rather concurrent relagation battles because this club isn’t spurs or Leicester or Chelsea or even Liverpool. We have the resources to be level or comfortably above all these clubs and it’s not managers pissing away this advantage.

I mean it is actually kind of crazy that fans are desperate to get a better manager who they know will be let down by Woodward like every other manager we have had. At this stage I can’t fathom how everybody isn’t just talking about Woodward and the Glazers. Maybe it’s boring and repetitive but the club stands a much better chance of success if these are forced out or forced to make changes none of which will happen if we continue to focus our anger on managers.

I suggest if fans are feeling like eventually things will get better have a read about the Glazers ownership of The Bucs. They have form at destroying fans hopes and making clubs into cash machines that give back nothing to their fans. And just when you think things can’t get any worse, they lower the bar...

Will posting it on a board make a difference? Maybe not, but neither will bitching about our manager every other week, so think of this like my act of cathartic relaase. We all have our ways of dealing with the clubs collapse from greatness...

Here’s something I posted 10 years ago

I gave up complaining because nobody wants to hear it to be fair. I’ve always been agaisnt those leeches and we face oblivion under their management. I really thought Jose would be the final straw but it appears fans have moved onto thinking Poch will make us great again or at least make things more bearable, that’s just not enough for me.

Then all we can hope for is for their sale of the club or premature deaths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Solskjaer not happy with RVPs comments.

[url]

Meanwhile..

[url]

TFM is now a midfield option for us, despite not playing midfield since his days in the reserves and having failed on loan at Palace and Fulham.

Also Matic is staying according to Solskjaer.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    What lineup will we see tomorrow with Martial out?

I'm hoping to see Romero start, for a goalie of his calibre to be stuck on the bench is criminal.

With our injuries and over all crapness, Wolves are big favourites for me

Wolves are faves, Nuno has not lost to United yet in four games.

In terms of United, Ole will have to play Greenwood, Young, Pereira.

Williams will probably not play as it would asking a lot to have him and Greenwood starting.

Maybe James will play in the left to help with Traore who takes on so many players?

Romero

AWB - Lindelof - Maguire - Young

Fred - Matic

Pereira- Rashford- James

Greenwood

It must be a new experience for him to not have the media be his mates going easy on him. One of many new experiences of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,712 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It must be a new experience for him to not have the media be his mates going easy on him. One of many new experiences of course.

bang on

Pity some of his former colleagues would think more about the club than their good buddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Unfortunately I can see Ole losing the plot very quickly now.

He’s the easiest target for the criticism when he has to sit in front of the media each week unlike the Glazers and Woody.

There’s some early signs of aggressiveness towards Ole which I don’t think is warranted, it’s not his fault he was given the job and it’s not his fault he’s not been sacked yet, he was also dealt a fairly shít hand as United manager when you look at the standard of player at the club.

Hostility should really be directed at those who have been running the club since 2013, not a club legend who was given a job he’s nowhere near qualified for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

[url]

Meanwhile..

[url]

TFM is now a midfield option for us, despite not playing midfield since his days in the reserves and having failed on loan at Palace and Fulham.

Also Matic is staying according to Solskjaer.

Its called analysis Ole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is all just a bad dream.......

Everything he says is just coming out and gets more painful each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"And I'm not in the medevial times"

Oh Ole!

At this point a world war to void the season may not be a bad thing(!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

At this point a world war to void the season may not be a bad thing(!)

Ironically, look at the date on the screenshot of this tweet

[url]

Really really sad to see what this club is doing to one of its greats. Yes Ole is out of his depth but Truely think ole came in to try and help get the club back in its feet again because of his love for the club and no other reason. Sadly after this ole might be remembered for something else rather than 99. But to me he will always be a great who was used as a scapegoat for the people who really destroyed the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement