Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

votecounts wrote: »
    I was having a chat with a mate earlier and neither one of us could remember a time where United were 4/1 to win at home, even Barcelona last year we were about 2/1, how we have fallen:(

Just recharging, the ole revolution starts tomorrow with a 0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

We were 11/2 at home to city in April this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Strumms wrote: »
    Part of the only element of the team that’s functioning as it should... to be chucking him out and playing a kid, all be it one with serious potential in such a massive game not only in terms of the rivalry but in terms of seriously needing three points would be madness...

It’s not though. It functions because it gets two dms. If it had a 4 -4-2 with pogba and Veron in midfield Lindelof would look like a deer in a headlights and Ashley young would be made look like the winger he is.

Compare Ashley young to Dennis Irwin or Patrice Evra and compare Lindelof to Pallister or Ferdinand.

If it was a gang of kids playing football in the early 90s they would play at different ends of the street. Lindelof and Young would take up a different sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Sunday Mirror claim another bid from Saudi Arabia's crown prince is on the way after one of £3 billion to buy the club was rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Can you imagine how powerful we would become in the transfer market if we didn't have vampyrous owners bleeding us dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Would we really want to be owned by a group of murdering and human rights abusing Saudis. Personally I wouldn't, careful who you get in bed with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Save the righteousness nonsense

Arsenal’s largest sponsors are Emirates, Liverpool’s largest sponsors line the pockets of the Singaporean government, City owners,
    Chelsea owner

The fans have zero say in who owns the club or who the club decides to partner with

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Would we really want to be owned by a group of murdering and human rights abusing Saudis. Personally I wouldn't, careful who you get in bed with.

Couldn't give a flying monkeys who owns the club at this stage as long as the club aren't being ****ed like the Glazer's cash cow we are now.

Utd debt free and pockets that go forever are nothing without the right manager and recurrent in place but those leaches gone, yeah please

The Sunday Mirror claim another bid from Saudi Arabia's crown prince is on the way after one of £3 billion to buy the club was rejected.

3 billion?? It’s pretty obvious that the yanks don’t want to sell the club so! How much more would they want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zorro2566 wrote: »
    3 billion?? It’s pretty obvious that the yanks don’t want to sell the club so! How much more would they want?

Think I remember 5 billion mentioned before not sure was that pounds euro or Dollars

Hococop wrote: »
    Think I remember 5 billion mentioned before not sure was that pounds euro or Dollars

They definitely are greedy bar stewards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Save the righteousness nonsense

Arsenal’s largest sponsors are Emirates, Liverpool’s largest sponsors line the pockets of the Singaporean government, City owners,
    Chelsea owner

The fans have zero say in who owns the club or who the club decides to partner with

Fans have zero say in who owns the club like you say but there is nothing self righteous about wanting decent owners who are not using the club to launder their own image.

If the Glazers just learned to start treating fans and the football side with the respect it deserves I would be ok having them remain as owners as opposed to a Saudi owner. What do I mean? I mean having proper structures in place to utilize our resources and a clear structure that shows that qualified football people are making the big football decisions. We have more resources then pretty much most clubs but one handful , it stands to reason if we used what we have better we could be doing better then most if not all.

If other clubs are happy to sell their souls for success, let them do that. Despite the Glazers, I do like the fact our club is self sufficient and at least uses money it’s made from success to fund itself.

Whether we are owned by Saudis or Glazers fans can do little. Will I stop supporting United? No I won’t , like I haven’t under our current slum lords. But had i a choice I would prefer somebody who has a better footballing model (and not necessarily unlimited resources) to take over. Hell they only need to copy and paste the Liverpool model and we would be right back up At the top again. They nearly won the league with Brendan Rogers FFs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Wonder what the overall goal of the Glazers is? Yes to make money. But I think they are getting around 15m in dividends a year.

Would they not be better off to sell it and profit a few hundred million. No work involved and it's not like they are young.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Wonder what the overall goal of the Glazers is? Yes to make money. But I think they are getting around 15m in dividends a year.

Would they not be better off to sell it and profit a few hundred million. No work involved and it's not like they are young.

Yeh I do wonder if ego and greed overrides common sense.m quite often when it comes to people with money. I think some of them at least , think the club is a great status symbol to their wealth. F**kin idiots taking pictures with Ole like they are gonna post them online. They aren’t football fans so the only reason they do sh*t like that is to show off on some capacity. I wouldnt be arsed getting photos with famous people from sports I don’t follow.

If they got 3 billion would they only get about 2 billion cause of shares they don’t own and debt? Poor guys, not sure they could make that last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been trying to psych myself into thinking there will be a positive result today but then I look at those midfield options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I honestly had this mind set before but I'm not that naive anymore when I see what's happening on the pitch and in the boardroom

Utd are on a very slippery road where with each season without CL football we lose our best players and the club just starts sinking and sinking into a pit of mediocrity which Liverpool very much experienced.

The Glazer's don't give a **** about winning trophies or being successful on the pitch as they still line their pockets with the commercial success that is utd and cash cow that is the PL. They've never put in a cent of their own money into utd .

I want the Saudi's at this point to buy utd and bring us back to where we belong before it's to late.

With the drop of 38% in the share price,the club is valued around £2.6 billion. So along with the billion the Glazers leeched out of the club, another £3 billion or so would leave them walking away with a tidy sum.
    It wasn't even their money that was spent taking over United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

If someone has amassed the amount of money it would take to buy United, there’s a significantly high chance they have blood on their hands and don’t care much for human rights. Billionaires and good morals are not a common bedfellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

They definitely are greedy bar stewards!

Said it to people where I work, if the sold they would take everything not nail down as they left, greedy b***ards

• Advertisement

I thought the problem was that Jose forgot how to coach his players last summer or tried to motivate some by using some very mean words or because he didn’t just accept the club wasn’t going to strengthen the squad last summer, or because he is an embarrassment on some level or because he got sacked at other clubs and his record in success is thus void or because he was clearly finished as a top class coach (even though he’d only won a league a year before joining) or because it was hard to enjoy his football style...

When I think back of some to the sh*te reasons people were giving for why he should be sacked, fuppin hell....

If someone has amassed the amount of money it would take to buy United, there’s a significantly high chance they have blood on their hands and don’t care much for human rights. Billionaires and good morals are not a common bedfellow.

True , but screwing somebody over on a business deal or blue collar crimes are not the same as human right crimes. I don’t see them as comparable in any way and it’s question of which is least worst option. We are only speaking hypothetically here, but surely people can even understand why it would be bad to have the Saudis owning us!!!?

Drumpot wrote: »
    True , but screwing somebody over on a business deal or blue collar crimes are not the same as human right crimes. I don’t see them as comparable in any way and it’s question of which is least worst option. We are only speaking hypothetically here, but surely people can even understand why it would be bad to have the Saudis owning us!!!?

It's not as if they'll be stoning people on the pitch.
    Dig into the finances and sponsorship deals of any EPL club and you'll find ties to dubious regimes around the globe.
    I'd rather the club be on top of the pile than wading through sh1t on a high horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Predictions today lads?

Think we'll be beat 2-0. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but cant see where the goals will come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It's not as if they'll be stoning people on the pitch.
    Dig into the finances and sponsorship deals of any EPL club and you'll find ties to dubious regimes around the globe.
    I'd rather the club be on top of the pile than wading through sh1t on a high horse.

Majority of our players have looked stoned given how slow, lethargic and overall shít we've been this season.

If they score in the first 25 if say 4 0,

Can see ole playing very defensively, lonts of quick long balls to rashford and james which klopp will be waiting for.

Could see the pool, playing an extra attacker through the middle today

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've long since passed the point where I think this group can step up for a big game.

I think we're going to get slaughtered today. 4 or 5 tbh. We got our asses kicked last year in this fixture, and we're signifcantly weaker now than we were then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

If they score in the first 25 if say 4 0,

Can see ole playing very defensively, longs of quick long balls to rashford and james which klopp will be waiting for.

Could see the pool, playing an extra attacker through the middle today

Agreed, if we play ok we could get away with 0-4

• Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Predictions today lads?

Think we'll be beat 2-0. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but cant see where the goals will come from.

Once we go a goal down we won't have a hope.
    If by some miracle we keep it at 0-0 you would never know, but a goal won't come form open play, performances since February have provided enough evidence to state this.

A random wonder-strike, pox of a set piece or a penalty I see is the only way we will possibly score.

Goes to show how far we have fallen :/

Today means nothing in the grand scheme of things anyway. Losing might actually force the clueless owners into action from a mangers perspective anyway.

Side note: I will lolz if Liverpool fail to beat the worst Utd team in decades. They hate being favorites for anything for some reason, triggers the **** out of em :P

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »
    Agreed, if we play ok we could get away with 0-4

It’s actually going from “OMG” bad to kind of just laughably bad...

So what can Ole say after the game? Rebuild, young team, injuries ? what can he actually say that will make any difference?

I bet we will need the Liverpool pundits to tell the truth. Although Jose and Keane are dynamite guests to have for the pending car crash!

The best tactic to use today would be to make 3 subs in the first half and play the second half with 10 men.

The best tactic to use today would be to make 3 subs in the first half and play the second half with 10 men.

Best tactic for us fans is to get as far away from a tv showing The match!

Best tactic for us fans is to get as far away from a tv showing The match!

Ah no sure it worked the last time. United’s injuries stopped Liverpool winning the last game. No harm in trying it again.

Ah no sure it worked the last time. United’s injuries stopped Liverpool winning the last game. No harm in trying it again.

Yeh I remember , the injuries broke up the first half. Maybe the longer it’s 0-0 the more nervous pool will Get. I mean they really should Be besting us comfortably, a united win or even draw could be a massive psychological blow, it will certainly unsettle their fans.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've long since passed the point where I think this group can step up for a big game.

I think we're going to get slaughtered today. 4 or 5 tbh. We got our asses kicked last year in this fixture, and we're signifcantly weaker now than we were then.

Ole talking about "channelling the spirit of Paris".
    Give me a break.

Even when United had a team of superstar players and Liverpool had a team of cross they could still get up for a game against us. I just don't see that mentality in these lads when the shoe is on the other foot.

• Advertisement

O **** i remember that now ha, the wierdest excuse for not winning a match ever

Ole talking about "channelling the spirit of Paris".
    Give me a break.

Even when United had a team of superstar players and Liverpool had a team of cross they could still get up for a game against us. I just don't see that mentality in these lads when the shoe is on the other foot.

Imagine united won playing good football. I think many of of wouldn’t know what to say! :pac:

Imagine united won playing good football. I think many of of wouldn’t know what to say! :pac:

They'd be too stunned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Throw that post in the humour thread there :pac:

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

Yep, Woodward is on a PR charm offensive to convince everybody he’s doing a grand job and nothing is his fault.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ed-woodward-wants-end-gary-20656706

I really hope people see through this cynical ploy. We can all see how the club has performed under his stewardship, as CEO his greatest quality is market himself and PR the issues away. He’s pathetic.
    look-into-the-5abfbe.jpg

• Who is this bull**** from Woodward aimed at

He continues to piss in the face of the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

“The communication of the high level direction and vision and strategy that we had from a football perspective had become blurred.

"We hired Ole because he syncs with that vision. The people and structures that we are putting in place are there to support that vision are in place for now and in the future.”
    The state of that corporate speak buzzword bullshit.

Meaningless word salad from a bluffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Big Rom just scored a very Rom like goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Who is this bull**** from Woodward aimed at

He continues to piss in the face of the fans

The media and ex player pundit brigade charm offensive to get them on his side

But Morninho played Rashford left wing back

The state of that corporate speak buzzword bullshit.

Meaningless word salad from a bluffer.

That’s exactly what it is, junk corporate waffle buzzword that has absolutely no substance. It’s words that mean nothing and tell us nothing about what they are actually doing.

So if we can’t see any signs of progress on the pitch or in the club, over 7 years we have two Choices. One is to trust what he’s saying , contrary to most , if not all the evidence that suggests otherwise.

Or call out his bullsh*t and say we can see with our own f**king eyes how his running of the club has only led to fans being groomed to lower their expectations. “Rebuild, youth, long term strategy “ are all delay tactics as far as I am concerned. We were told the same things 6 years ago, so we are still waiting for results from this strategy, not just since Ole took over.

• sky88 wrote: »
    The media and ex player pundit brigade charm offensive to get them on his side

Egos and bull**** on boths sides getting in the way of running a football club properly at the expense of the fans who pay them

It sounds like they are lining up to give Ole another year.

Relegation is the only thing that’ll save us now

I only see one strategy for United to score. For the fans to make a balls of it.

Lots and lots of...

Beach balls. Well, it worked 10 years ago. Beach ball or Rashford. Decisions Decisions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement