Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

limnam wrote: »
    I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch this car crash.

The problem with statements like that is there are observers who are overly interested in us and will use that statement as a stick to beat us with and come out with claims like "oh I know of United fans who aren't interested anymore because they aren't going well".

There's been many times over the last 6 years that I said it's a chore to watch the team play but I'd always try to watch them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

The problem with statements like that is there are observers who are overly interested in us and will use that statement as a stick to beat us with and come out with claims like "oh I know of United fans who aren't interested anymore because they aren't going well".

There's been many times over the last 6 years that I said it's a chore to watch the team play but I'd always try to watch them anyway.

Thankfully I don't give a fck about them. (The observers)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Chong starts and Gomes is on the bench, I wonder is that an indication of their contract talks. I'd like to see a lot more of Gomes, he looks a decent young player

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Even if we are muck I’ll still watch.

S02E11-Pe4O5Bls-subtitled.jpg

For some reasons I got flashbacks there to when we lost to Deportivo back in the CL with Barthez flapping about with Brown. Still to this day the most angry I’ve ever got after a match. Let’s try beat that this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I can understand why he's playing a very much 2nd string team as the first team needs rest after a gruelling fixture list but we could be out of the FA cup tonight quite easily...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Headshot wrote: »
    I can understand why he's playing a very much 2nd string team as the first team needs rest after a gruelling fixture list but we could be out of the FA cup tonight quite easily...

The logic makes complete sense. It's just the highly likely consequences that's hard to swallow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Quandary

Williams over Shaw is a most welcome sight. Big chance for Greenwood to kick on again. I have to say I've been quite disappointed almost any time I've seen Chong play for us. Hopefully he can do well tonight.

Very pleasing not to see Lingard there.

It's hard to tell how this game will go, but I'm feeling optimistic, perhaps naively, but optimistic nonetheless.

If wolves come at us and let us play on he counter, it would play into our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Our left side should get exposed tonight up against Doherty and Adama.

James and Williams will have a very difficult night.

As will all of us watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Another defeat here pushes ole closer to the trap door are we better off losing to get rid of him I dunno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

As long as it's not a draw congestion and all that

Super save from romero

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lindelof terrified of Traore there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In Romero we trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

DM_7 wrote: »
    Lindelof terrified of Traore there.

yep, there was a chance to step up but he kept retreating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

i'm not angry at playing this line up after a hectic christmas schedule.........I'm more annoyed that the mismanagement of the squad has left the squad paper thin in quality and depth. And the fact that come tonight we could well be out of the FA cup after the first round proper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Traore is an absolute monster. He's like having Manu Tuilagi coming at you

nice dig on pogba by the commentator there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i'm not angry at playing this line up after a hectic christmas schedule.........I'm more annoyed that the mismanagement of the squad has left the squad paper thin in quality and depth. And the fact that come tonight we could well be out of the FA cup after the first round proper.

That looks a pretty good team to be honest... and a lot stronger than what a lot of other prem teams are/will be putting out. (Even if they are playing within their potential abilities today, much like the main first team a lot of the time)

We’re so clueless going forward. Sideways and backwards till we lose possession

just there. a pass half way between chong and young. chong retreats to collect, instead of young advancing to collect it. just kills any momentum. these little things do my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I really wish somebody would tell Pereira that he doesn’t have to shoot every time he gets within 25 yards of goal. Even when he doesn’t have the space to he wastes time and ball attempting to get one away.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

We’re so clueless going forward. Sideways and backwards till we lose possession

For so long now we just get as far as the 18 yard line and that’s it then. A center forward who can hold the ball up and play with his back to goal would be handy I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

Mongo wrote: »
    For so long now we just get as far as the 18 yard line and that’s it then. A center forward who can hold the ball up and play with his back to goal would be handy I think.

Like Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

THats a peno surely ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Looked like one to me

That looked a peno to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Looked a penalty that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yikes, I have no idea how to make sense of that team.

Matic Andreas in the middle, Mata in front. James and Chong wide and greenwood up top

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Drumpot wrote: »
    THats a peno surely ?

Stonewall. Bizarre that VAR looked at that and called it no foul

I really don't care if he makes the odd mistake, he's only 19, but Brandon Williams should be picked ahead of Luke Shaw every single time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Drumpot wrote: »
    THats a peno surely ?

Thought it was but I thought Williams made a meal of it.

limnam wrote: »
    Like Lukaku

Hold up and back to goal are not Lukaku strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

If that was given as a penalty against Utd I wouldn’t be complaining.
    Dendoncker def touched Williams.

Quandary wrote: »
    I really don't care if he makes the odd mistake, he's only 19, but Brandon Williams should be picked ahead of Luke Shaw every single time.

Yep, even that take on he attempted would never be seen out of Shaw.

its a conundrum, cos it could be a peno or could be not so VAR will not get involved. did i hear the ref correctly there?

Matic Andreas in the middle, Mata in front. James and Chong wide and greenwood up top

Is Mata not up top on his own?

Don’t think it was one. His stretch to reach the ball meant he was going down regardless and wouldn’t have retained the ball even without contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Williams is great. Love his attitude. He’ll be starting at left back ahead of Shaw by next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Where is Greenwood playing? He’s out on the right or 10 yards outside the box for every attack.

• Advertisement

No idea not watching, just a way to make sense of that team.

Mata is hardly playing the line striker role is he? Matic Andreas Mata 6 8 10 makes perfect sense (in the line up) two lads wide and the actual striker up top.

What way they have actually lined up I don't know though

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

You could be forgiven for thinking that but I’ve a feeling it’s just because our shape is so ****. Greenwood is doing a serious amount of drifting to the right hand side is all.

chong a bit casual on the ball i think

Chong is a bit **** I think.

No right foot and plays ****. Basically describes our right hand side for the best part of a decade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jones incoming for Maguire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He’s obviously trying to get to half time you’d thinl they’d stop passing the ball to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

This on the beeb?

Ref is awful

This on the beeb?

BT Sport and all good foreign broadcasters

Greenwood is playing way too deep

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement