Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You think the aim is top 4 this season?

Not going to happen, but Marcus Rashford flashing that cheeky smile in the post match interviews when we drop points makes everything ok...

Strumms wrote: »
    Not going to happen, but Marcus Rashford flashing that cheeky smile in the post match interviews when we drop points makes everything ok...

I wouldn't be Rashford's biggest fan lately, but thought he took his goal excellently yesterday. Even VVD's blatant attempt to tear the shirt off him didn't phase him. It gives me hope for Rashy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Haven't read much of the threads here but plenty of Willy waving from Utd fans across social media about a 1-1 draw to be fair. Plenty of times to be satisfied with a draw but it's hardly something to be given the big one about

Are they willy waving because of getting a draw or are they willy waving cause they were listening to Liverpool fans on social media willy waving before the match?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

BDI wrote: »
    You might call it a cowardly drop off, some might say it was tiredness setting in and dealing with it. They played with an intensity they arnt used to.

This **** needs to stop. Intensity they aren't used to, FFS like. It was cowardly, it was tactical and it was from the manager. The players were never going to be good enough to sit back and absorb the pressure for the basically the entire second half. Tiredness setting in after 55 minutes indeed.....ah **** I just saw who I'm responding to.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Patrice such a likeable bloke. I really hope he ends up in some role at the club more than the standard ambassador type.
    Nice to see Carragher admit Liverpool made a big mistake with their Suarez support and that he should have been big enough to stand up and say no himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

stesaurus wrote: »
    Patrice such a likeable bloke. I really hope he ends up in some role at the club more than the standard ambassador type.
    Nice to see Carragher admit Liverpool made a big mistake with their Suarez support and that he should have been big enough to stand up and say no himself.

It’ll be interesting to see how that is reacted to over the next few weeks in forums throughout the internet.

I like Evra too, but is this not the sentiment which has us in our current predicament? Carrick and Ole coaching, when for all the evidence they really shouldn't be.

Also, with all the flak ole is taking nobody seems to have noticed the young left back starting to make a few appearances. Looks fairly decent so far for a young lad.

To think himself, tuanzebe, rashford, pereira, lingard and greenwood could all be at the club in some capacity for the next decade. Is it the first time since the mystical days of the class of 92 that we are bringing youth through by the bucketload.

Forgot about Pogba too but obviously a bit different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Also, with all the flak ole is taking nobody seems to have noticed the young left back starting to make a few appearances. Looks fairly decent so far for a young lad.

To think himself, tuanzebe, rashford, pereira, lingard and greenwood could all be at the club in some capacity for the next decade. Is it the first time since the mystical days of the class of 92 that we are bringing youth through by the bucketload.

You can talk about this romantic notion of bringing players through and what potential we have in the next few years, great... but in terms of what potential we have next few games in terms of getting points on the board with this lot and Ole, hmmm

Norwich Brighton Sheffield United and Aston villa.
    If we get ten points from them we will be just outside the top 4. Everyone will be happier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Norwich Brighton Sheffield United and Aston villa.
    If we get ten points from them we will be just outside the top 4. Everyone will be happier.

Even as an optimistic person and a huge fan of Ole that is a big IF with our current form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Sounds like Evra wants the DOF job and to have full control to me.

[url]

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1186403172077756416?s=21

Another dummy for the ventriloquist by the sounds of it.

A D.O.F. will be a Director of Fúck-all once Woodward is still at the helm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why did it take him 8 years to do it then?

The only reason Carragher said anything is because his gravy train had Evra on as a guest and it left him no choice.

[url]

And what exactly are Evra's qualifications for the job? Aside from being visible and vocal on social media?

• Jesus lads yee never learn :P

• And what exactly are Evra's qualifications for the job? Aside from being visible and vocal on social media?

Evra is a great guy in my eyes,shows to have a lot of love for the club.
    But he's not qualified or experienced enough to be even considered the job. End of.

This constant narrative appointing a so called DOF with actual control over footballing decisions will never happen. Woodward likes his FIFA 20 the way it is.

We read it from Woodwards mouthpiece every time Utd approach a transfer window and hilariously at the end of transfer windows. It's all bolox talk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can Evra even count?

He's a social media Messer and posts some great videos. Ridiculous how he's in consideration for this job given the lack of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Lol I see what you did there

• Advertisement

• Can Evra even count?

He's a social media Messer and posts some great videos. Ridiculous how he's in consideration for this job given the lack of experience.

I really don't think he is in consideration because he simply discusses a potential future role at the club to the media.

In reality nobody is. Woodward wouldn't allow an actual qualified person to do the job as I said he seems to love the power Trip.

I've no issues with Evras social media antics as it's all light hearted fun. He seems to enjoy life.

But it doesn't need to come into consideration when discussing job roles.

• A side note: Fair play to Carragher. Could be wrong here but is that the first time I've publicly heard someone from the club admit how wrong they were on the whole situation.

https://twitter.com/utdxtra/status/1186404444809895939?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

“How far United have fallen, delighted with a draw at home to Liverpool” Seems to be a common sentiment among Liverpool fans.

Was anyone here delighted with that result? 2 points dropped for me. Liverpool were absolutely sh*te and bar Ole’s cowardly drop off he would have been walking away with all 3.

Ah here, both teams were sh*te. Utd manged 32% possesion at home and had 2 shots on target. A miniscule number of games will be won with those sorts of numbers. Liverpool were poor in the context of their season while Utd were good in the context of theirs. Draw was a fair result imo.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Lol I see what you did there

What? drew attention to our top class academy. Giving youth the chance. Other clubs might just loan them to auxerre or zenit in the hope they never get to play for anybody else.

A side note: Fair play to Carragher. Could be wrong here but is that the first time I've publicly heard someone from the club admit how wrong they were on the whole situation.

Like I said, it was about as sincere as a wet dishcloth.

If Evra was not a guest on the show do you think we would have heard him say anything? Not a chance in hell. He said nothing for 8 years then when Evra is a guest on his paycheque we get some quotes perfectly designed to make Carragher come across like a "top lad, fair play, etc etc".

Its a PR dream and he will be lapping it up for days on this one. But what was stopping him contacting Evra privately at any point in the last 8 years?

Insert Roy Keane "do me a favour" gif here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

A side note: Fair play to Carragher. Could be wrong here but is that the first time I've publicly heard someone from the club admit how wrong they were on the whole situation.

It's a different time too, if Liverpool tried to defend that in 2019 they'd be universally condemned and not just by you fine folk. Looking back on it now is uncomfortable. Obviously I'm biased, I didn't defend it at the time but neither did I condemn Suarez. In 2019 I'd just hide until it was over.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's a different time too, if Liverpool tried to defend that in 2019 they'd be universally condemned and not just by you fine folk. Looking back on it now is uncomfortable. Obviously I'm biased, I didn't defend it at the time but neither did I condemn Suarez. In 2019 I'd just hide until it was over.

Everybody knew racism was wrong at the time.

All that’s changed is Suarez isn’t a fan favourite anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Why did it take him 8 years to do it then?

The only reason Carragher said anything is because his gravy train had Evra on as a guest and it left him no choice.

Of course I can see through it. It's Sky's big narrative at the moment to push on racism but he could have dodged it easily. He didn't need to apologise but he did so fair play.
    I did enjoy that they kept pushing Evra to say something about how bad it is to be subjected to racism. I'm paraphrasing here but he actually said the opposite. He was like no I couldn't care less about monkey chants or the likes. And that there shouldn't be punishment but instead more education and honest conversation. Very refreshing to see. He clearly didn't get the memo.

Of course I can see through it. It's Sky's big narrative at the moment to push on racism but he could have dodged it easily. He didn't need to apologise but he did so fair play.
    I did enjoy that they kept pushing Evra to say something about how bad it is to be subjected to racism. I'm paraphrasing here but he actually said the opposite. He was like no I couldn't care less about monkey chants or the likes. And that there shouldn't be punishment but instead more education and honest conversation. Very refreshing to see. He clearly didn't get the memo.

A lot of black players say the same thing, some of them have even taken a fair bit of flak from the white media for pushing that notion over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,240 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Suarez seems to have been disowned since the Barca vs. Pool match. Racism and biting was fine but celebrating against Liverpool was what broke the camels back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Duncan Castles: A delegation from United headed to Saudi Arabia for discussions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,637 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

pjohnson wrote: »
    Suarez seems to have been disowned since the Barca vs. Pool match. Racism and biting was fine but celebrating against Liverpool was what broke the camels back.

"He fell into his shoulder with his teeth" was one of the weirder excuses I seen put forward :pac:

Duncan Castles: A delegation from United headed to Saudi Arabia for discussions.

Sure I seen reports also that the Glazers came out and said United arent for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,707 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Trigger wrote: »
    Sure I seen reports also that the Glazers came out and said United arent for sale.

tbf that's typical thing to do to get more money out of a proposal

• pjohnson wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Given Woodward has been all over the media recently, I wonder if there is a genuine bid being considered by the Glazers and he's scared they may sell and his job may be under threat/scrutiny soon?

Given Woodward has been all over the media recently, I wonder if there is a genuine bid being considered by the Glazers and he's scared they may sell and his job may be under threat/scrutiny soon?

There's been a drop in the share price and financial growth has stalled while other clubs have caught up on us.
    The stadium needs a massive overhaul too and does anyone think the Glazers will pony up for that considering they'd get no financial returns from doing that?
    The matchday revenue is such a small part of the top clubs income these days that in reality they could let fans in for free and not lose a penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Surely the only reason they make a public statement like that is because there is genuine interest, I am not sure they make a official statement like that just because press where speculating on it. And regardless of whether or not you are willing to sell, it makes more sense to say its not for sale, then to publicly say "all offers welcome".

Woodwards PR "long term plan" could actually be a stunt to use in negotiations with perspective buyers. I dont think fans are buying it, so maybe they are seriously thinking of selling and just trying to create an impression that they are not. . Perhaps the rumours of one Glazer floating/selling his shares has forced the others to take a similar approach? Maybe one of them thinks this is as good as it gets, some of the others didnt want to sell, but they forced their hands ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

There's been a drop in the share price and financial growth has stalled while other clubs have caught up on us.
    The stadium needs a massive overhaul too and does anyone think the Glazers will pony up for that considering they'd get no financial returns from doing that?
    The matchday revenue is such a small part of the top clubs income these days that in reality they could let fans in for free and not lose a penny.

Matchday Revenie is over 100m a year, they might notice a massive chunk of that going away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Please!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be waiting till I hear it from someone better than Castles tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50133876

Fair play to Carragher. Least he holds his hands up and admits what Football World were thinking at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Why woud Kevin Glazer be positioning to sell his shares, if a possible sale to Saudi was in the offing?

I actually don't doubt there are discussions, but I strongly doubt there is any chance of the club being sold in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Glazer's are going make 2 Billion profit

2 Fecking Billion!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

2 Fecking Billion!!!!

And how much have taken out of the club in that time also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

But it meant friend in Spanish

2 Fecking Billion!!!!

They will make a profit of whatever they sell the club for? They didnt actually use any of their money to buy the club in the first place.. if they sell for 4bn they will make 4bn, probably minus the debt.

Ridiculous

They will make a profit of whatever they sell the club for? They didnt actually use any of their money to buy the club in the first place.. if they sell for 4bn they will make 4bn, probably minus the debt.

Ridiculous

The club has enough cash reserves to pay off the debt but they are running it as a business and not a football club so keeping a manageable debt is actually ok. I'm no expert but there's probably tax write offs for having the debt in place.

The club has enough cash reserves to pay off the debt but they are running it as a business and not a football club so keeping a manageable debt is actually ok. I'm no expert but there's probably tax write offs for having the debt in place.

Yeah it's probably good to have it in the long run but it really should be lower than what it is. It has gone back up IIRC. It had gone down to about 250m which is probably ideal for a business of that size, it's near 400m(might be more) now I think

Anyways that's not really my point, more that whatever they sell it for is a profit, because of the way the deal was structured

I’m reading this thread and people think carraghers great and the Liverpool thread and they think he is reprehensible.

Football really is a game of opinions. I don’t know him personally myself.

• Advertisement

Imagine being outraged at a man apologising for supporting a guy found guilty of racist behaviour?
    They were less outraged when he spat at a kid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement