Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

BDI wrote: »
    What? drew attention to our top class academy. Giving youth the chance. Other clubs might just loan them to auxerre or zenit in the hope they never get to play for anybody else.

LOL

Lingard is hardly youth any more. Not nearly good enough either. Jury's still very much out on the others you mentioned.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LOL

Lingard is hardly youth any more. Not nearly good enough either. Jury's still very much out on the others you mentioned.

Silly, you miss the purpose of his post. Seems to be ignored sadly.

• giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What? drew attention to our top class academy. Giving youth the chance. Other clubs might just loan them to auxerre or zenit in the hope they never get to play for anybody else.

was it you talking about a young left back (meaning williams?) while we are playing Young at left back?

I’m reading this thread and people think carraghers great and the Liverpool thread and they think he is reprehensible.

Football really is a game of opinions. I don’t know him personally myself.

You literally thanked this post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111570974&postcount=1325

Jog fúckin on with that bullshít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

You literally thanked this post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111570974&postcount=1325

Jog fúckin on with that bullshít.

Did I say all people?

You are very hostile.

Did I say all people?

You are very hostile.

Au contraire, I'm highly entertained, keep it up BDI ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Fred has rightly been criticised for his performances since signing but I though Sunday was another good one in a big game (PSG, Arsenal at OT last season). He needs to build on it over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

beno619 wrote: »
    Fred has rightly been criticised for his performances since signing but I though Sunday was another good one in a big game (PSG, Arsenal at OT last season). He needs to build on it over the next couple of weeks. Fingers crossed.

A difficult player to figure out. Yes he had a decent game Sunday.

But you have to contrast that to the Newcastle game when he was absolutely abysmal. And Az Alkmar...wasn't much better.

Until he shows some consistency, big question marks will continue to hang over him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Zeek12 wrote: »
    A difficult player to figure out. Yes he had a decent game Sunday.

But you have to contrast that to the Newcastle game when he was absolutely abysmal. And Az Alkmar...wasn't much better.

Until he shows some consistency, big question marks will continue to hang over him

I haven't criticised him much and I can see positives in his game but ultimately I don't think he really cuts the standard for the PL. Needs that split second too much on the ball at times.

I wouldn't be running him out the door and I wouldn't worry about him as much in Europe but I don't see a place for him in a strong 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Cue he gets dropped for pogba coming back

Cue he gets dropped for pogba coming back

I’d be surprised if pogba comes back before he is sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thinking about Utds hole up front, Raul Jimenez from Wolves would be a great buy. Understated, but an excellent player, very good goalscorer, great attitude, brings others into the game, and with Wolves having bought Cutrone over the summer they might let him go

It occurred to me, and then I immediately hoped it wouldn't happen, which probably means it might be a good move for yee :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

PARlance wrote: »
    I haven't criticised him much and I can see positives in his game but ultimately I don't think he really cuts the standard for the PL. Needs that split second too much on the ball at times.

I wouldn't be running him out the door and I wouldn't worry about him as much in Europe but I don't see a place for him in a strong 11.

I think he's just far too casual and lacks intensity. Its more of a mental problem than ability imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Thinking about Utds hole up front, Raul Jimenez from Wolves would be a great buy. Understated, but an excellent player, very good goalscorer, great attitude, brings others into the game, and with Wolves having bought Cutrone over the summer they might let him go

It occurred to me, and then I immediately hoped it wouldn't happen, which probably means it might be a good move for yee :P

I'd take a few Wolves players right now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think he's just far too casual and lacks intensity. Its more of a mental problem than ability imo.

Would agree with that, he's too inclined to relax/just not be aware of danger and get caught out in a high tempo game. Mental more than anything else. It could improve but he has had plenty of time at this stage and at that level you tend to have it naturally, or not.

Not a bad back-up all the same, have been impressed with him on occassions... just not enough to think he should ever be in a strong United 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Very good shout. He's been quality for Wolves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Jimenez is at the right level and club for him.

He spent enough of his career struggling to get the major spot in a club, at 28 he finally has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I’d be surprised if pogba comes back before he is sold.

I'd be more surprised if he came back after he is sold

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I'd be more surprised if he came back after he is sold

Well he did it before in fairness.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get that Harry Kane falla.

Just go get him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United reported to have made contact with Leipzig and Timo Werner over a January move.

Mandzukic also reported as to have cut his wage demand in half to get a move too.

So in theory we could go from no recognised striker to having two of them in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,498 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

While we badly need a striker, why does it need to be Mandzukic?

I could sort of understand it when the transfer window was about to slam shut or when he was touted as this emergency option, we were desperate and he was sorta available but that was then and this is now, why is it a 33 year old backup striker that we are still looking at?

This is what winds me up about the transfer policy at the club, they had 6 months to replace Lukaku and couldn't do it. Then they have 4/5 months between the summer and winter transfer windows and still it seems all up in the air about who they actually want.

I know its still October and its just paper talk but we all know that the club is slower than continental drift when it comes to getting **** done. And I know the January window can be difficult but really, forget the likes of Mandzukic and Zlatan, just do the bloody work and get the next piece in this so called rebuild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

United reported to have made contact with Leipzig and Timo Werner over a January move.

Mandzukic also reported as to have cut his wage demand in half to get a move too.

So in theory we could go from no recognised striker to having two of them in January.

Don't know a whole lot about him, would he set the world alight?

• Good Watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd take a few Wolves players right now tbh.

Exactly, the team is irrelevant. Mane came from Southhampton as did VVD who originally came from Celtic. All that should matter is the Player.

Raul Jiminez would be a great buy, he's big (but not overly so), he's fantastic on the ball and has good awareness and he links up play well. But even better than that is that he has the ability to get in front of the defender to get goals that Rashford just doesn't get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Would love timo werner at united, I think they'd have to make a serious power play in January for him or otherwise he'll end up at bayern next summer.. Not that it means much nowadays but I do believe he's a mufc fan

• Not sure if a zerks but fair play for the club acting so swiftly on this, the fan shouting racist abuse has been banned from Old Trafford

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11842099/man-utd-ban-fan-for-alleged-racist-abuse-towards-trent-alexander-arnold

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

[Christian Falk] : According to our information, Ralf Rangnick is a candidate at Manchester United. The former coach of Leipzig would be also interested in Bayern Munich.

• Advertisement

Not sure if a zerks but fair play for the club acting so swiftly on this, the fan shouting racist abuse has been banned from Old Trafford

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11842099/man-utd-ban-fan-for-alleged-racist-abuse-towards-trent-alexander-arnold

It's good to see the club act so quickly.

At least they didn't print t shirts in support of him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lord TSC wrote:
    [Christian Falk] : According to our information, Ralf Rangnick is a candidate at Manchester United. The former coach of Leipzig would be also interested in Bayern Munich.

There was a piece in the Guardian last week with him which read like a come and get me to Utd at times

Lord TSC wrote: »

A possible DoF role, maybe Woodward is eventually winding in his ego and giving the job to someone who knows what they are doing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/17/ralf-rangnick-interview-sporting-director-manchester-united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I’m assuming that’s as a DOF and not to replace Ole.

Although Woody has pretty much said it’s my way or the highway with regard to a DOF a couple of times now so might just be click bait.

I’m assuming that’s as a DOF and not to replace Ole.

Although Woody has pretty much said it’s my way or the highway with regard to a DOF a couple of times now so might just be click bait.

Maybe The Saudis told him to make an approach to get him in...........:)

I genuinely think Ole and Phelan would be better suited to a sporting director type role than the management of the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not sure if a zerks but fair play for the club acting so swiftly on this, the fan shouting racist abuse has been banned from Old Trafford

Fair play to United here. Really taking a stance against these Fans (and yes they are Man United fans). Not like other clubs who put blame on something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I genuinely feel for Ole.

No, wait, give me a chance!

The club has been managed terribly for years - not just the first team, but the entire club. The result has been a series of high-profile managerial failures and a steady stream of expensively acquired players, few of whom have lived up to their hype.

He has made some good decisions in letting some of them go. His 3 purchases to date demonstrate a desire to stop making the same mistakes and invest in the future of the team as a whole, not just get the shiniest toy of the highest shelf.

A result of this is a paper thin squad, several of whom then got injured.

So he's picking from a reduced squad of players assembled by a poorly managed club plus a handful of promising youngsters with the pressure of being a f**king messiah for some people.

It is literally a hiding to nothing, and it ain't proving to be the dream job it had promised to be.

Is it his fault?

Well, it's his fault we still seem to be playing aimless, lethargic football at times. I had hoped he'd imprint an identity, but it's only being seen in patches, so it's hardly imprinting very well. Following a promising period at the start of his tenure and even a reasonable start to this season, the team seems disinterested. It's criminal how unmotivated some of the squad seem. He has to take responsibility for this.

I have said it before, but I have no problem with Ole finishing the league in 15th place provided we see an identity emerge and he actually is decisive in who should be rewarded with game time and who should not.

The failure on Ole's part for me is not our league position but the fact that we still seem to have a shower of spoilt brats for a team (with a few exceptions) rather than a team who play with directness, confidence and bravery.

Should he be fired? What does it matter? I quote Robert Pirsig below:

"...to tear down a factory or to revolt against a government or to avoid repair of a motorcycle because it is a system is to attack effects rather than causes; and as long as the attack is upon effects only, no change is possible. The true system, the real system, is our present construction of systematic thought itself, rationality itself, and if a factory is torn down but the rationality which produced it is left standing, then that rationality will simply produce another factory. If a revolution destroys a systematic government, but the systematic patterns of thought that produced that government are left intact, then those patterns will repeat themselves in the succeeding government."

We are doomed to this so long as the Glazers leave Woodward do his thing. Because this is his thing, we've seen it for years. And frankly his thing tastes like sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

I wonder what Evra thinks of the Ex Manchester United manger calling his fellow Frenchman, Marcel Desailly , "a f***ing lazy thick n****r." on national TV? Don't see much criticism here for that. Jog on indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    I wonder what Evra thinks of the Ex Manchester United manger calling his fellow Frenchman, Marcel Desailly , "a f***ing lazy thick n****r." on national TV? Don't see much criticism here for that. Jog on indeed.

Wow. Are we supposed to criticise it daily, weekly or monthly? It would be good to have that clarified moving forward.

• IITYWYBMAD wrote: »

Who Ron Atkinson?

He's a racist. And was sacked and has never recovered from it therefore was punished for it.
    He even tried to launch a book which was flat out refused to be stocked.
    Plenty on Google for you to explore.

What's your point anyway? You would need to chat to Sky Sports to see if they can put your question forward to Evra to see what he thinks of it.

You can try him on twitter and Instagram also.

• Advertisement

Wow. Are we supposed to criticise it daily, weekly or monthly? It would be good to have that clarified moving forward.

Nope. Just a bit of balance required. Carragher apologies, and he gets lambasted by UTD fans. A bit of balance would not go amiss. There are idiots on all sides of the fence .

Who Ron Atkinson?

He's a racist. And was sacked and has never recovered from it therefore was punished for it.
    He even tried to launch a book which was flat out refused to be stocked.
    Plenty on Google for you to explore.

What's your point anyway? You would need to chat to Sky Sports to see if they can put your question forward to Evra to see what he thinks of it.

You can try him on twitter and Instagram also.

My point is answered above. I'm not on social media, and if I was I wouldn't contact Evra.

Nope. Just a bit of balance required. Carragher apologies, and he gets lambasted by UTD fans. A bit of balance would not go amiss. There are idiots on all sides of the fence .

A bit of balance? So if something new comes out in the news about an incident involving a United player being racially abused a few years ago we have to balance that out by giving out about Ron Atkinson?

Dafuq?

• IITYWYBMAD wrote: »

"Don't see much criticism here for that."

Well considering the Evra - Carragher discussion was had live on TV only a few days ago makes sense that it is being discussed now considering it's current.
    Has Ron Atkinson been recently present on the TV or anywhere in the media recently?

Factor in that you implying that "Carragher apologies, and he gets lambasted by UTD fans."

That's not true either. Plenty of fans on here and elsewhere on social media ect have praised him for what he said.
    Others have opposed it as being thinly veiled and that's fine to think so also.

I haven’t seen anybody lambast Carragher here. Maybe they have or maybe it’s those pesky “same lads” again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

You are creating the fence-line on club divisions, which only serves to reinforce an interpretation of whatabouttery and divisiveness between clubs, and (in Carra's case) to align non-racists with racists because of club loyalty.

Why don't we re-make the fence on the division between racists and not racists? Then you'll find Suarez and Big Ron over the other side wondering where all their mates have gone.

I think (as do many others here, in case you just decided not to read them and only focused on those outraged by it) what Carra said was reasonable. What is indefensible is the attitude of Liverpool at the time; Carra acknowledges this himself even.

If all you can add is "what about your disgraced racist, eh?" then all I can see is he doesn't belong here. Here being the non-racist side of the fence.

You are creating the fence-line on club divisions, which only serves to reinforce an interpretation of whatabouttery and divisiveness between clubs, and (in Carra's case) to align non-racists with racists because of club loyalty.
    I'm actually not. It exists, and existed before I ever came along.
    Why don't we re-make the fence on the division between racists and not racists? Then you'll find Suarez and Big Ron over the other side wondering where all their mates have gone.

I think (as do many others here, in case you just decided not to read them and only focused on those outraged by it) what Carra said was reasonable. What is indefensible is the attitude of Liverpool at the time; Carra acknowledges this himself even.

If all you can add is "what about your disgraced racist, eh?" then all I can see is he doesn't belong here. Here being the non-racist side of the fence.
    Actually, you know what? You're right. Couldn't have put it better.
    I haven’t seen anybody lambast Carragher here. Maybe they have or maybe it’s those pesky “same lads” again.
    Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If he gets lambasted, it certainly hasn't been in here. What Carragher did was right and fair play to him. Whether he should have done it sooner is a different argument others may have said but I applaud him regardless.

As for Ron Atkinson, as other posters pointed out. He's a racist simple as, no time for any of that. Not sure what your point is, I'd say Evra doesn't think too fondly of him.

Unfortunately, you get idiots in all corners of life, Man United fans, Liverpool fans, the Chelsea fan down the pub, the milkman who is a Spurs fan, my Celtic loving Granny.

What they do and what they say don't represent the majority.

Sure.

Not saying there definitely is none but I honestly haven’t seen them. Maybe quote them here to make sure?

Evra didn't wear a justice for Ron shirt, and be part of a concerted effort to paint Desailly as a liar. Evra didn't spread lies in the media about what was said.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement