Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    I wonder what Evra thinks of the Ex Manchester United manger calling his fellow Frenchman, Marcel Desailly , "a f***ing lazy thick n****r." on national TV? Don't see much criticism here for that. Jog on indeed.

Whataboutery.

You lads made a holy show of yourselves trying to defend the indefensible in here and it wasnt a good look.

A bit of self reflection and a look at your(plural)morals is what should be really happening, now that the light has been shone on it again recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I wonder what Evra thinks of the Ex Manchester United manger calling his fellow Frenchman, Marcel Desailly , "a f***ing lazy thick n****r." on national TV? Don't see much criticism here for that. Jog on indeed.

I don't see you praising Manchester United FC for choosing not to launch a smear campaign against Desailly and defend Ron Atkinson either.

/s

The logic on this forum is truly bizarre at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

From a Liverpool supporter on this forum after what Carragher said in apologising for Liverpool's stance and t shirt fiasco (after Suarez was found guilty and banned)

"Carragher is dead to me".

Others with similar views and comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Nope. Just a bit of balance required. Carragher apologies, and he gets lambasted by UTD fans. A bit of balance would not go amiss. There are idiots on all sides of the fence .

What I've seen Carra has been getting more stick from lfc fans in this forum than United fans. The only criticism I can recall from a united fan is that it was a bit of a limp gesture and only came about because evra was sat in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

What I've seen Carra has been getting more stick from lfc fans in this forum than United fans. The only criticism I can recall from a united fan is that it was a bit of a limp gesture and only came about because evra was sat in front of him.

The LFC fans on this definitely haven't been praising him anyway, Christ that thread is awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

adox wrote: »
    Whataboutery.

You lads made a holy show of yourselves trying to defend the indefensible in here and it wasnt a good look.

A bit of self reflection and a look at your(plural)morals is what should be really happening, now that the light has been shone on it again recently.

Much like Father Hernandez's post above alluded to - a few lads on Boards coming in to the United thread to stir the pot does not represent the Liverpool fan base of which I am one. I cringed at the time (of the t-shirts) and I still cringe now looking back. I don’t think having a go at Carragher now is right at all – either by some Liverpool fans for apologising at all, or by some United fans for not apologising sooner - it seems every player felt at the time like they had to wear the shirt to show solidarity with their team-mate. Maybe there was unspoken pressure from the club, who knows. Let’s not forget that the black players at Liverpool wore the shirt too, so the whole thing was very odd.

beno619 wrote: »
    The LFC fans on this definitely haven't been praising him anyway, Christ that thread is awful.

They set their own narrative and ostracise anyone that doesn't follow it,facts and truth don't matter either.
    Posting a clip of indecipherable noise,claim it's United fans singing "murderers" then say United posters went to the Liverpool thread to argue about it.
    I'm surprised nobody has said Carragher is an Evertonian anyway either.
    A truly odd way of thinking,offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

Lol, really.

Just about to get the Ron Atkinson support t-shirts printed here, PM me your sizes lads.

Oh wait, wrong club for that shít.

• Advertisement

Its odd about Ron Atkinson as he had three of the best black players of the time in his West Bromwich Albion team,Laurie Cunningham,Brendan Batson and Cyrille Regis. Can't get my head around why he would come out with those comments after working with so many black players with his various clubs including Remi Moses and Paul McGrath!

Nicky Butt charged with assault after a row with his wife,case continues in February.

If found guilty,his time at the club will surely be at an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Nicky Butt charged with assault after a row with his wife,case continues in February.

If guilty, yeah - you'd imagine he is done for.

But he does strongly deny the allegations and I wonder if the club have done any internal investigation that points to him being innocent, and that is why he is still at the club. Surely if there was a hint of him being guilty they'd have put him on suspension or similar. Just from a business perspective, the optics of employing someone for months who ends up being guilty is a baaaaad look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

They set their own narrative and ostracise anyone that doesn't follow it,facts and truth don't matter either.
    Posting a clip of indecipherable noise,claim it's United fans singing "murderers" then say United posters went to the Liverpool thread to argue about it.
    I'm surprised nobody has said Carragher is an Evertonian anyway either.
    A truly odd way of thinking,offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

I try to stay out of United this, Liverpool that kinda arguments cause they're tiresome but this post reminded me of several tweets I saw over the weekend. Showing clips of Fabinho taking out James and how it was the best part of the match.

https://twitter.com/LFCSuIIy/status/1185992851227926530?s=20

The same fan base that wanted the CL final to be replayed because Salah wrapped his arm around Ramos and ended up doing more damage to himself than Ramos.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Justice for big Ron!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You’d think Liverpool fans would want to let that topic die out considering their club sponsored racism and still do without ever issuing a statement admitting they were wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Do we need IITYWYBMAD t-shirts now?

A real martyr move that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Jesus! The things that go through people's heads. And then they type it out. And then they read it. And then they hit post. Baffling!

Big Ron the racist doesn't come up much here seeing as he was last the united manager in the 85/86 season. No one here has ever defended him to my knowledge.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Jesus! The things that go through people's heads. And then they type it out. And then they read it. And then they hit post. Baffling!

Big Ron the racist doesn't come up much here seeing as he was last the united manager in the 85/86season. No one here has ever defended him to my knowledge.

Wouldn’t be like Liverpool fans to talk about the 80’s as if they were yesterday tbf :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

“It was a punch of endearment”

Seriously though... he should be f*cked out on his ear if found guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

You’d think Liverpool fans would want to let that topic die out considering their club sponsored racism and still do without ever issuing a statement admitting they were wrong.

You'd really expect that in Klanfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

https://mobile.twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1187065917995454469

Utd have scout/s at the benfica/Lyon game
    More work going into dembele maybe

https://mobile.twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1187065917995454469

Utd have scout/s at the benfica/Lyon game
    More work going into dembele maybe

Ed is going to be in for a shock when he finally makes that Gaitan & Garay double swoop :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Minime2.5 wrote: »

That's good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

noodler wrote: »
    That's good

it made me laugh and now I'm conflicted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How are they scouting Rice, Maddison and Sancho in Lisbon?

They need to get back on the plane, nothing can stop us in our quest for world football domination when we assemble the UEFA nations league 3rd place winners minus Harry Kane & Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Can someone explain to me what this is in breach of in the charter?

I thought it was just players names who couldn't be changed because it falls under abusing a player?

Edit: And team names.

I didn't know it applied to Stadia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I genuinely think Ole and Phelan would be better suited to a sporting director type role than the management of the team.

I think they'd be more suited as binmen if I'm to be perfectly honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I thought it was just players names who couldn't be changed because it falls under abusing a player?

Well, I guess, if you are really asking, if a negative nickname is not allowed then how can tarring an entire fanbase as racist be ok?

I found it funny on this occasion but the idea of it being ok on a regular basis would make it analogous to banned names like "bindippers" or "chelski" etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Charter is long in the rear view mirror in the Soccer forum. F*ck knows what's allowed and what's not anymore.

• Advertisement

Well, I guess, if you are really asking, if a negative nickname is not allowed then how can tarring an entire fanbase as racist be ok?

I found it funny on this occasion but the idea of it being ok on a regular basis would make it analogous to banned names like "bindippers" or "chelski" etc etc

Genuinely asking. My issue is that it's not a breach in the charter that I could see?

Yeh it was amusing and understandable it shouldn't be a reoccurring thing.

But if it's not in the charter than its allowed. If not the charter needs to be updated to include Stadia. It specifies Players and Teams is more my point.

I'd be raging if I got that card.

Anyways sorry to drag slightly off topic was genuinely curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Good Watch

Very good, Evra comes off very well.

Tbf, the 'Emptihad' was carded before. Minime posted a classic this evening, but there is precedent there unfortunately.

Still though, some highly selective cards are being issued once again as of late, I'm getting a bit of Sept-Oct 2018 déja vu here.

Tbf, the 'Emptihad' was carded before. Minime posted a classic this evening, but there is precedent there unfortunately.

Still though, some highly selective cards are being issued once again as of late, I'm getting a bit of Sept-Oct 2018 déja vu here.

I was one of the people that mentioned in feedback about that never being carded.

I didn't know it came into effect as I didn't see it updated in charter.

Good to know.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Question lads,

I'm a Liverpool fan and was at the match at the weekend. Put a bet on at the stadium and got the scorecast at 28/1 (nice bit of aftertiming there). However the bookies were closed when the match ended so couldn't collect.

It says to pick up winnings at next game or get it transferred into a UK bank account. Does anyone know any other way of getting these winnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Question lads,

I'm a Liverpool fan and was at the match at the weekend. Put a bet on at the stadium and got the scorecast at 28/1 (nice bit of aftertiming there). However the bookies were closed when the match ended so couldn't collect.

It says to pick up winnings at next game or get it transferred into a UK bank account. Does anyone know any other way of getting these winnings.

The bookies were closed? Bold Trafford!

Question lads,

Rookie mistake, don't place bets at the stadium.
    I'll find out how lads that did the same got their winnings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its clearly a lie too.

Didn't everyone see the banner at the match last night? No, not the racist one. the one that said LFC aren't racist.

self-proclamation that you aren't racist is a clear sign that you don't stand for racism.

Yeah, but you can't be slagging the 'pool round here, y'know? Some posters/mods are absolute lightning rods for taking offence when it's aimed towards their team yet turn a blind eye when others in their own camp get emotional.

And, just so we're clear, when I say "emotional" I of course mean "calling other people child molesters". Joke shop of a forum.

• Advertisement

Manchester United will look to sign two strikers in January as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer demands extra firepower. (Star)

Manchester United have identified Borussia Monchengladbach's 22-year-old Switzerland midfielder Denis Zakaria as a replacement for Ander Herrera, 30, who left for Paris St-Germain in the summer. (Bild via Express)

daily mirror

Manchester United have reportedly reached an agreement over the signing of Spanish wonderkid Mateo Mejia for a €150k (£130k) fee.

Manchester United youngster James Garner is a loan target for Preston and Wigan in the Championship.

• Some brief team news:
    De Gea aggravated the ankle injury so is left out.
    Romero starts I'd suspect on this basis
    Pogba, Tuanzebe and Shaw all out
    Lingard travels with the squad

dmigsy wrote: »
    Charter is long in the rear view mirror in the Soccer forum. F*ck knows what's allowed and what's not anymore.

Ah sure I got a warning for quoting part of the updated charter while others get away with absolute murder in the forum.
    It's as if some are a protected species.

• Yeah, but you can't be slagging the 'pool round here, y'know? Some posters/mods are absolute lightning rods for taking offence when it's aimed towards their team yet turn a blind eye when others in their own camp get emotional.

And, just so we're clear, when I say "emotional" I of course mean "calling other people child molesters". Joke shop of a forum.

Don't forget Thanksgate: An absolute bizarre fixation from a certain group of posters getting triggered over who thanks a post as hypocritically they thank each other on the back

Its a skill in itself to always find a way to be outraged over **** all :pac:

• https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-pleased-by-the-fitness-of-man-utd-squad

This article may frustrate!

Look how the club are implying we outran Liverpool last weekend in title of the article (Even though we done absolutely nothing bar sitting back the whole of the second half)

Ole continuing with his fitness delusions too

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-pleased-by-the-fitness-of-man-utd-squad

This article may frustrate!

Look how the club are implying we outran Liverpool last weekend in title of the article (Even though we done absolutely nothing bar sitting back the whole of the second half)

Ole continuing with his fitness delusions too

Ole's in game management is so poor. Playing the wingbacks high and pushing their most influential attacking threats back and denying them width was a great plan but in the second half he resorted to type and dropped back losing the initiative.
    We played the occasion but we can't do that every game,our record this season against the big teams is ok but it's the other games that we are struggling in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What happened to Shaw to be injured for this amount of time badly missing him

He dropped a snack box on his foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What happened is that the club never learns. Year after year of sticking with and relying upon unreliable players.

What specifically is wrong with him? God knows. The only thing that I know is that it won't be the last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I'd nearly go as far as saying I prefer Young over Shaw. Shaw is so painfully average and unreliable, we really need to be getting a new LB next summer.

Shaw was a better player at 18 than he is now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement