Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The Nal wrote: »
    I really dont get this change of direction thing. Theres clearly none. No new style of football, no leaders emerging, no fight.

Neville was stumped when Souness asked him what change of direction means...

There is kind of a contradiction in Neville's argument though. This change of direction is happening under Woodwards stewardship. If Woodward needs to be replaced, as Neville confirms, how does Ole get a pass ? How exactly can Woodward be involved with probably advising that they dont support Jose last summer, probably when they ended up sacking him and hiring Ole, and yet Ole is worth persevering with ?

I am still not convinced sacking Ole will change much but I cant see any reasonable reason for giving him more time other then "we cant keep sacking managers" . . I think the fact that we are even considering sacking Ole says it all about how badly things are behind the scenes. Ole is trying to fix a broken ship with a captain who spends all his time just counting the riches they have pillaged. I think poor old Ole is destined to fail, even if he is/was good enough , hes working with people who are not able or willing (or both) to run the footballing side in an efficient way. They dont know how to create success and they dont know how to use the clubs resources on the footballing side of things and they have refused to acknowledge it.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

That video. We weren't up for the counter attack, noted that they've conceded a few directly from their own corners. You know it's a risk. He seems to note that he knew how newcastle were playing as they were doing the same type of thing repeatedly, but he didn't make a change.

Suggested leave it to the players, but the players were unable to think when they had LvG and Mourinho spell it out for them, how are they going to do it when they have to do it for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Man Utd have only managed to achieve a total of 33 shots on target in this seasons Premier League.
    Man City have scored 27 actual goals in the same time frame.

Post reported for ruining my good mood. Smh!

I understand sh!t is bad at the club yet every so often I read another stat to pile on what I can see and other stats I know of to make it even worse.

The last stat that kicked me in the nuts was Aubamayang scoring 17 goals in 17 games and the United squad has 15 in 17, now 15 in 19 games...

Think about it another way, when was the last time a major European super power fell so hard.

Was it Juventus getting demoted for match fixing? And look at how they sorted themselves out.

What other major super clubs (financially United are a super club) have suffered as badly as United? Man united has consistently been valued as one of the top three clubs in the world for over a decade. How can they not even guarantee a top 4 champions league spot? That’s not expecting a lot when you have the financial muscle to spend all but one handful of teams in the world. You also have the resources to have the best youth facilities and other wonderful things but they don’t do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Post reported for ruining my good mood. Smh!

I understand sh!t is bad at the club yet every so often I read another stat to pile on what I can see and other stats I know of to make it even worse.

The last stat that kicked me in the nuts was Aubamayang scoring 17 goals in 17 games and the United squad has 15 in 17, now 15 in 19 games...

We've scored more than Palace and conceded nearly half the amount of goals as Chelsea... both teams are level in points with Leicester in 4th, who we beat, so we're practically top 4... kinda, maybe.

Oh ya, and Aubameyang didn't score at the weekend either... that'll lift the Monday blues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Drumpot wrote: »
    Think about it another way, when was the last time a major European super power fell so hard.

Was it Juventus getting demoted for match fixing? And look at how they sorted themselves out.

What other major super clubs (financially United are a super club) have suffered as badly as United? Man united has consistently been valued as one of the top three clubs in the world for over a decade. How can they not even guarantee a top 4 champions league spot? That’s not expecting a lot when you have the financial muscle to spend all but one handful of teams in the world. You also have the resources to have the best youth facilities and other wonderful things but they don’t do that.

Its the biggest fall (and we're not even close to the bottom yet) of any club I can think of, in any sport.

Go back 11 or 12 years: One generation of football ago

Champions League finalists in 2008, 2009 and 2011. League wins in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2013. Only lost 2012 on goal difference on 89 points.

Its the Enron of sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

AC Milan are probably a good guide for where we're headed at the moment.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

His post-match interview yesterday was as rambling and incoherent in terms of any sort of message yesterday as it's ever been tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

UrbanFret wrote: »
    A move for Pochettino might suit both clubs now. Only Leavey would look a ransom for him even though the spurs players have clearly downed tools. Even though I support City , UTD are much more palatable then the red scouse. How Ferguson kept teams motivated year after year was truly phenomenal.

Increasingly there's a deal to be struck there I feel. Poch has a new contract so would be due a big pay off if sacked, something Levy would be apprehensive about, but we need a new manager so could prove a cheap way of terminating that contract and palatable to all parties if negotiated properly ;)

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »

Maybe in terms of manager turnover (11 in 10 seasons) but they've had awful financial issues aswell and Italian football has taken nosedive in terms of popularity anyway. Policemen getting killed outside stadiums etc.

I was in the San Siro for a Sampdoria match a few years ago and the entire top tier was closed. Maybe 25k in the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

No chance Spurs sack him they won't pay the money when they know we are desperate and they will make money off it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

PARlance wrote: »
    We've scored more than Palace and conceded nearly half the amount of goals as Chelsea... both teams are level in points with Leicester in 4th, who we beat, so we're practically top 4... kinda, maybe.

Oh ya, and Aubameyang didn't score at the weekend either... that'll lift the Monday blues!

Okay, 17 in 18 games while 14 United players couldn't score... Again!

Hello darkness my old friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Interesting times. It is not going to get better whilst Ole is there (i know its obvious), the man is so out of his depth. Whatever about Jose and his style of play and his other unsavoury attributes, I always had a very uneasy feeling when we faced any of his teams, call it a fear factor based on his experience and what he has achieved. Now with Ole, there is none of that, it is comical (not trying to wind anyone up by saying that either) to see him come to the sideline and make these timid gestures or give instructions. The fear of playing Man United is gone and you can bet every time in the league including the newly promoted teams are thinking the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

What will the excuses be under Porch or Allegri? Will they be out of their depth? Was José out of his depth? LVG? Poch has gotten away with a lot of excuses over the last few years despite having a squad far better than at United. He obviously had a hand in making them that good but unable to ever take the next step. Given the quality at their disposal his team has under achieved significantly over the last few years and now he's the latest answer to United's woes.

And I think they are valued at less then a quarter the value of United.

Check this out

https://assets.kpmg/content/dam/kpmg/xx/pdf/2018/05/football-clubs-valuation.pdf

I’m not sure we all realize how far united are from most clubs in the world. According to the 2018 study , less then 14 clubs in the world are worth more then a billion. So United is worth more then 4 times the majority of teams in the world and the EPL.

Only 2 English clubs are within 50% of the uniteds club value. Another three are between a third and a half the value of United. Then the next nearest EPL club is less then 20% of United’s value.

Think about how bad you have to be to be not able to even get United consistently in the top 4 in England and regularly to the CL QFs. That in itself is mind boggling incompetencey but where we are at now is next level failure. United are so far financially ahead of most clubs in England it’s actually been difficult for the owners to meet the low standards they have found, but they have done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Its the biggest fall (and we're not even close to the bottom yet) of any club I can think of, in any sport.

Go back 11 or 12 years: One generation of football ago

Champions League finalists in 2008, 2009 and 2011. League wins in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2013. Only lost 2012 on goal difference on 89 points.

Its the Enron of sport.

Different sport but in the NFL, Tampa Bay Buccaneers were fairly consistent in reaching the NHL Playoffs, won the Super Bowl in 2002 and division Championships.

Since 2007 though, it's all gone sour though and they now have the worst win-loss percentage of the 32 NFL teams.

Quite a big NFL brand so fairly crazy they've fallen this far, many suggest it's because of the owners whoever they are....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Liam O wrote: »
    What will the excuses be under Porch or Allegri? Will they be out of their depth? Was Josut of his depth? LVG? .

Is Ole doing a good job?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is Ole doing a good job?

We can only judge him for team selection and tactics - he is failing on both. That's the hard truth.

• Advertisement

Different sport but in the NFL, Tampa Bay Buccaneers were fairly consistent in reaching the NHL Playoffs, won the Super Bowl in 2002 and division Championships.

Since 2007 though, it's all gone sour though and they now have the worst win-loss percentage of the 32 NFL teams.

Quite a big NFL brand so fairly crazy they've fallen this far, many suggest it's because of the owners whoever they are....

Right so they bought the Buccaneers in the mid 90s, and they've been crap for 10 years now. Bought Utd in the mid 00s and.....

Actually a very worrying mirror image if you look at it.

Good for 10 years and then a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Would not mind seeing Allegri at utd be interesting how he deals with not distroying a league year in and out.

However 4 League titles and 2 camp league finals is amazing but he had a amazing team and could buy who ever he wonted at a normal price and non crazy wages.

However as silly as it sounds i think we should have went after brendon Rodgers...... I think he would have got a lot more out of this team.

But ole is worse then LVG who had boring football but had a pair of balls and could stand up to the media ole is just a nice guy who looks like a dear in headlights. The team isn't there like it used to he however during alaxs time the team was not that world class but he got 120% out of the team. Look at John o shea of Park ji sung avg players who started for utd but where work horses.

It's going to take years for us to recover from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Weepsie wrote: »

They badly miss Herrera, or a Herrera type player. That was evident when he got injured in February. 8 wins in 9 with him. Something like 4 in 12 without him after.

He wasn't the best passer, tackler, dribbler, shooter, or the best at any one thing. But he set the tempo, and he had just enough quality in the important attributes that he could do an important job and set the platform for the more technically proficiient players (Pogba, Mata) to have time and space to do their work, and his energy would lend itself to Matic and McTominay as they went about firefighting.

Herrera's energy is certainly a loss. But its easy to look back with hindsight now and point to his absence as key. We saw plenty of very ordinary performances (with Herrera in the side) in recent seasons.
    Fred was really signed as Herrera's replacement two summers ago imo, with the expectation he would bring a better passing quality. Season before Ander's form was fairly poor and was starting fewer and fewer games for Jose.

The move of course has failed spectacularly and Fred simply can't adapt to the role, the pressure etc. At times he can't even control a 5 yard pass!!

Add this to the mystifying decision to sell Fellaini. And Matic's form (and physical condition) completely collapsing.....little surprise our midfield is so poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

i'd prefer finish 15th than 5th. It might finally shake up the Glazers and Ed. See how our sponsors will like that you pricks! Ultimately thats who the Glazers listen to!
    They'll have to sell or invest £400m. Tipping along in 4th place will appease the fans and club will be making money so Glazers will be happy! We need to hit rock bottom before we can get back to the top! Embrace the struggle!! It might not be such a bad thing!

Liam O wrote: »
    What will the excuses be under Porch or Allegri? Will they be out of their depth? Was José out of his depth? LVG? Poch has gotten away with a lot of excuses over the last few years despite having a squad far better than at United. He obviously had a hand in making them that good but unable to ever take the next step. Given the quality at their disposal his team has under achieved significantly over the last few years and now he's the latest answer to United's woes.

They've underachieved by coming directly behind the 2 best performing 1st and 2nd place teams in history? Has finished no lower than 3rd in all but 1 season., Getting to a CL final too.

He's done this all while levy basically tied a hand behind his back on transfers in and out (selling players he wanted to keep and not reinvesting it). He didn't take cups seriously enough, and He should've had Spurs closer to Leicester in 15/16 (but that's an accusation you can throw at every team to be honest) but to say he has underachieved is simply untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Right so they bought the Buccaneers in the mid 90s, and they've been crap for 10 years now. Bought Utd in the mid 00s and.....

Actually a very worrying mirror image if you look at it.

Good for 10 years and then a disaster.

I really don't get this argument, and I think it's a complete strawman TBH. The Glazers have allowed nearly $1 billion of their dollars to be spent on this team, a team that is currently reckoned to be the third highest valued club in the world, with currently the highest wage bill EVER in the PL, and it's somehow their fault? Seriously? What would ye all like? Another billion to squander?

The absolute dross on the pitch, couple by the frankly bizarre manager "at the wheel" is what the issue is, and pointing the finger at the board is beyond ridiculous.

So what if they saddled the club with debt? Do you think Alexis Sanchez goes to bed at night, knowing he is being paid £150,000 a week from his previous club, worrying that the club is in debt? Do you think Pogba, who wanted out in the summer, is fretting that is £350,000 won't be paid this week because the club has debt?

The selling and freezing out of Lukaku, was that down to Glazer making a call? Calling for the owners to leave is beyond naive. What do ye think, the Saudi's will come in and not look for get a pay back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    I really don't get this argument, and I think it's a complete strawman TBH. The Glazers have allowed nearly $1 billion of their dollars to be spent on this team, a team that is currently reckoned to be the third highest valued club in the world, with currently the highest wage bill EVER in the PL, and it's somehow their fault? Seriously? What would ye all like? Another billion to squander?

The absolute dross on the pitch, couple by the frankly bizarre manager "at the wheel" is what the issue is, and pointing the finger at the board is beyond ridiculous.

So what if they saddled the club with debt? Do you think Alexis Sanchez goes to bed at night, knowing he is being paid £150,000 a week from his previous club, worrying that the club is in debt? Do you think Pogba, who wanted out in the summer, is fretting that is £350,000 won't be paid this week because the club has debt?

The selling and freezing out of Lukaku, was that down to Glazer making a call? Calling for the owners to leave is beyond naive. What do ye think, the Saudi's will come in and not look for get a pay back?

No they haven't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Give it Giggsy til end o' season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

At this stage, people are purposely being obtuse about not understanding why United fans do not like the Glazers.

• At this stage, people are purposely being obtuse about not understanding why United fans do not like the Glazers.

It's the new "Jose-Bad-Man"

They've invested very little of their own money into the club. It was bought and continues to be financed by leveraged debt, levaraged against the clubs assets and value. They are taking out about 20-30 million a year in dividend payments, while investing zero, zilch, nada, of their own.*

Despite not owning all of the shares either (they sold a load of Class A one), they still have pretty much 100% of the voting rights.

They're planning on selling more shares, but they are similar to the class A ones, albeit with even less rights. Just a chance to say you''ve invested in the club basically, and they'll get an absolute fortune out of it.

I don't want Saudis either at the club.

It would take someone with both business acumen and a love of sporting success and what it means to the people to come in. Unfortunately that person is at Liverpool.

* Oh, and remember all this was spearheaded by financial guru Ed Woodward

• Advertisement

Record revenues this year though. That why they love Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

They've invested very little of their own money into the club.

But that's how a club should be run no? The club is generating money. Owners pumping money into a club is not what you want?

No they haven't
    Eh...they have...

At this stage, people are purposely being obtuse about not understanding why United fans do not like the Glazers.
    I understand why the fans don't like them. If I was clever/connected enough to buy the club and then saddle the club with the debt I bought it for, I would have done the same. It doesn't make me a bad person.

Nobody here can fault the Glazers for the amount of money they've allowed to be splashed out in the last number of seasons. The debt payments have not meant that utd are suddenly unable to go after the big names. Blaming the boardroom is bizarre.

They've invested very little of their own money into the club. It was bought and continues to be financed by leveraged debt, levaraged against the clubs assets and value. They are taking out about 20-30 million a year in dividend payments, while investing zero, zilch, nada, of their own.*

Despite not owning all of the shares either (they sold a load of Class A one), they still have pretty much 100% of the voting rights.

They're planning on selling more shares, but they are similar to the class A ones, albeit with even less rights. Just a chance to say you''ve invested in the club basically, and they'll get an absolute fortune out of it.

I don't want Saudis either at the club.

It would take someone with both business acumen and a love of sporting success and what it means to the people to come in. Unfortunately that person is at Liverpool.

* Oh, and remember all this was spearheaded by financial guru Ed Woodward

Honestly, so what?

So they are clever business people who know how to leverage debt and use a hedge fund/loan facility to line their pockets. Do you honestly blame these greedy trogs for not allowing investment in the club?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    But that's how a club should be run no? The club is generating money. Owners pumping money into a club is not what you want?

It's exactly how it should be run, but they bought the club with none of their own money at absolutely minimal risk. If the debt is called in, they can walk away and say here you go.

Had the club been bought outright, it could've been both generating massive amount of money, and funding a functioning team.

They had the debt down to under 300 million at one point, and have let it double again.

They're gambling on the value of the brand staying strong, when
    doing so will rely on sporting success.

Had the club been bought outright, it could've been both generating massive amount of money, and funding a functioning team.

This is the bit I don't get - money has been spent and a functioning team has not been produced, what am I missing here?

I just don't see how money is the problem for United right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Who gave Moyes the job, and Ole?

Who signed off on new contracts for the likes of smalling, jones, young?

Who gave rashford over 200k a week, martial probably similar?

Who gave Sanchez the money he was / is on?

Who chose to side with the players and dump Jose?

There have been systematic failures for over a decade, only having a genius like SAF at the helm delayed the inevitable.

The chickens are now coming home to roost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Relegation on our current form could well be on the cards.

The only thing we have in our favour to change things is money. Should we bring in a goalscorer in January we could potentially save ourselves.

The much maligned move to bring zlatan back could be a serious option in terms of getting a leader with the qualities of a winner back into the dressing room,although we'd require a younger option to operate up front on a Week in week out basis.

I don't think it's likely however, it is a position the club hasn't found itself in, in 30-40 years so would have no experience in such a dogfight.
    Another couple of bad results will break what little spirit is left in the club and it'll be a long season after that.
    If the owners don't realise that not regurally challenging for the top honours is going to drastically reduce their income with diminishing sponsorship and fan base, hopefully they wake up to the fact relegation will break the club.

Right now it comes down to the fact that there is still massive work needed to rebuild the team but Olé has shown he is not the man for the job.
    We have some awful players at the club, but also some very good ones who are for whatever reason, not delivering what is expected at a club like United.

The first action the owners need to ensure happens, is that Olé is replaced. That can be done immediately.
    Then they need to look at who put him in the position and deal with him (Ed).
    Then they need to make whatever funds are required in January the new manager needs to address the immediate problem of sinking down the street able as well as for more long term improvement, notwithstanding quality players are rarely available in Jan.
    Then they either need to come up with a viable long term strategy for the club or Fu#k off out of it.

Unfortunately I'm not sure they will do any of that, bar eventually puling the plug on Olé.:mad:

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    This is the bit I don't get - money has been spent and a functioning team has not been produced, what am I missing here?

I just don't see how money is the problem for United right now?

The people in charge have not put structures in place that are conducive to running a modern football club effectively in the way that Man City, Liverpool have. The way that the RedBull clubs have. The way several German clubs have. And Man Utd had a headstart on all these.

They've literally just thrown cash at players, agents (a lot here), managers, coaches, scouts, executives, etc. They've let the scouting department balloon with eveyr manager that comes in, so you've had scouts shouting over each other to be heard, with Ed Woodward seemingly having the final say at times.

They let Moyes sack an entire coaching team that had been responsible for coaching multiple title winning teams and they've then had a high turnover of coaches.

They've got so many high profile former players working as ambassadors that few will speak out

They've not invested properly in Stadium, Training facilities (until they were embarrased at how far ahead City's were), playing squad, the right coaches and elsewhere.

They've worked on corporate partnerships, marketing, and brand recognition. They just happen to have a football team now.

The people in charge have not put structures in place that are conducive to running a modern football club effectively in the way that Man City, Liverpool have. The way that the RedBull clubs have. The way several German clubs have. And Man Utd had a headstart on all these.

Yeah that's fair enough - I guess I wasn't thinking about that as it's not in my face as much as other things. I see what you mean by being behind those teams in those ways.

Is there any positives then in the getting rid of the Sanchez-esque players and bringing the youth in and giving this "plan" (if it is a plan) some time? But maybe this needs to be driven by a manger with a big plan ala Klopp/Guardiola - Ole maybe isn't the man for such a thing, I dunno.

• Advertisement

Who gave Moyes the job, and Ole?

Who signed off on new contracts for the likes of smalling, jones, young?

Who gave rashford over 200k a week, martial probably similar?

Who gave Sanchez the money he was / is on?

Who chose to side with the players and dump Jose?

There have been systematic failures for over a decade, only having a genius like SAF at the helm delayed the inevitable.

The chickens are now coming home to roost.

Moyes? I thought that was a con job between SAF and Ed?

With regards to the money/signings, is that not decided between the manager and the board/ceo? Are you saying the manager had zero input into the retention/signing of players?

The fact that Sanchez has a good agent, capable of securing eye watering deals, is that Glazers fault?

Did the Glazers not have SAF at the helm for 7 years, when he didn't have these issues?

They have pumped money into the club (irrespective of where it has come from they ultimately decide of the where and how much is spent) over the years, and are now being seen as the "bad men" in this charade.

There were lads here, and elsewhere, pumping themselves into a foam when Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole got the respective nods. Money has been spent hand over fist, to accommodate them. Pogba in a 2 man/3 man/4 man midfield has been shouted from the rafters on different occasions, to no avail. The splurge of 50m on Fred, who couldn't find a teammate on a practice pitch, Sanchez, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lindelof, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot, Blind, Rojo, Di Maria, Herrera, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Romero, Depay, Schneiderlin, Darmian and Martial all bought by the Glazers.

How badly they've treated the club and managers......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭paulbok

Oh for God sake the Glazer's are the head of the board, co- Chairmen as well as being directors along with other members of their family.
    Nevermind a football club, if any business was being run as badly as United (current income/profits are not going to last long the way we are headed), then it is ultimately up to them to take corrective action on those who put the managers in place and sign off on haphazard player purchases.
    That is reason enough to want them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Moyes? I thought that was a con job between SAF and Ed?

With regards to the money/signings, is that not decided between the manager and the board/ceo? Are you saying the manager had zero input into the retention/signing of players?

The fact that Sanchez has a good agent, capable of securing eye watering deals, is that Glazers fault?

Did the Glazers not have SAF at the helm for 7 years, when he didn't have these issues?

They have pumped money into the club (irrespective of where it has come from they ultimately decide of the where and how much is spent) over the years, and are now being seen as the "bad men" in this charade.

There were lads here, and elsewhere, pumping themselves into a foam when Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole got the respective nods. Money has been spent hand over fist, to accommodate them. Pogba in a 2 man/3 man/4 man midfield has been shouted from the rafters on different occasions, to no avail. The splurge of 50m on Fred, who couldn't find a teammate on a practice pitch, Sanchez, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lindelof, Matic, Sanchez, Dalot, Blind, Rojo, Di Maria, Herrera, Shaw, Schweinsteiger, Romero, Depay, Schneiderlin, Darmian and Martial all bought by the Glazers.

How badly they've treated the club and managers......

Defending the Glazers and a Liverpool fan. Grand.

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Defending the Glazers and a Liverpool fan. Grand.

I'm not defending them. I'm calling out the delusional outrage of some fans, against a set of owners who have backed the club to the hilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'm not defending them. I'm calling out the delusional outrage of some fans, against a set of owners who have backed the club to the hilt.

To the hilt? Please read up on the Glazers. The haven't pumped their cash into the club. If we wanted, we could spend 500m for the next 4 windows and be back in the upper circles again but they'd rather spend 50 and make do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

delusional

goodbye :rolleyes:

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    To the hilt? Please read up on the Glazers. The haven't pumped their cash into the club. If we wanted, we could spend 500m for the next 4 windows and be back in the upper circles again but they'd rather spend 50 and make do with that.

Yes. The hilt. Last time I looked they were still the owners of the club, therefore, they did spend their money. I've already listed some of the disastrous signings made by numerous managers over the past 7 years, are they all the fault of the owners? Seriously?

Not a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I'm sorry, but this is some change of tune. This is the stuff you scoffed at when it has been brought up. Only yesterday you said you'd even be happy with 16th place finish as you were happy with the intended direction of the club. I genuinely not sure if you are trying to troll this thread, as I've never seen such a turnaround of opinion in the space of hours!!

Some of us have been questioning this manager abd squad since before the end of last season.......and were labelled "doom merchants". All because we actually looked at the performances with our own eyes, rather than using ridiculous stats to try and excuse those performances. This may only be hitting home to some like yourself now, but others here have been afraid this was going to be the case for months now.

There has been two or three games and each game it starts worse. Is a man allowed change his mind and admit he was wrong or should I stick to my guns and demand he is kept and keep repeating how it’s going to get better as we slide down the divisions because you think changing my mind is trolling?

He was dealt a dreadful hand I was looking at the dreadful signings over the years, schneiderlinn for god sake rojo smalling darmian just years and years of players who arnt world class or even close to it, Lindelof and Fred for frick sake.

Ole has been dealt a horrible hand there’s no doubt about that but it’s time we realized there’s people out there that can do better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

damowill wrote: »
    i'd prefer finish 15th than 5th. It might finally shake up the Glazers and Ed. See how our sponsors will like that you pricks! Ultimately thats who the Glazers listen to!
    They'll have to sell or invest £400m. Tipping along in 4th place will appease the fans and club will be making money so Glazers will be happy! We need to hit rock bottom before we can get back to the top! Embrace the struggle!! It might not be such a bad thing!

I feel the same way. I remember the years before SAF, I also remember when SAF led us to 11th place twice. We've had three managers that only brought in more and more shyte. A true rebuild was kicked down the road, but now it has to be done. So I'll take some pain for a few years if it means a true rebuild is happening. Hopefully by then, the parasitic Glazers will have cleared off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement