Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2019/20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

beautiful from jones.

no one near him. Corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Williams has been really impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Wouldn't say very poor personally.

Thought he was quite average, hostile atmosphere so wouldn't be too easy.

Like to see more of him.

Fair one. I thought he was bit older than 18 aswell.

• adox wrote: »
    Williams has been really impressive.

A positive for sure

• beno619 wrote: »
    Williams the only positive.

Started well but turned into another ****e performance that leaves you wondering why you wasted your Thursday morning/evening when you know exactly what your going to get.

2 banks of 4
    Backs to the wall stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Only positive is that it's nearly over. Thanks be to God.

• Only positive is that it's nearly over. Thanks be to God.

I think this Utd team think they are playing Juventus

Must be the jerseys causing confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

adox wrote: »
    Lalana came on in the 71st minute!

Last time I checked, the 71st minute was in the 2nd half.

I'm not too concerned about Liverpool but Henderson, Ox and Lalana all helped to make up the front 4, at various different stages, throughout the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So this is what an away wins feels like

It's been so long

• Advertisement

no shots on target from open play in 90 mins against these lads.

Fit, Yes. Comfortable, ok. Rubbish? Darn tootin'

Utter muck. I mean it’s just appalling.

**** it. A win is a win. A win against Norwich and that's 3 positive results on the bounce. Maybe get a bit of a run going. Won't hold my breath. Least we've gotten the not-winning-away duck off the back.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    **** it. A win is a win. A win against Norway and that's 3 positive results on the bounce. Maybe get a bit of a run going. Won't hold my breath. Least we've gotten the not-winning-away duck off the back.

3 points vs Norway would be impressive ;)

PARlance wrote: »
    Last time I checked, the 71st minute was in the 2nd half.

You said “by the second half” as a counter to the other posters argument that Ole dropped the team deep in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd have taken a 1-0 win all day before this game, not a great place to play atmosphere wise.

Performance wise, píss poor but not surprised.

Partizan should have had a penalty, the better side in the second half and feel we got away with one this evening.

Creative spark is non existent but we already know that.

Scholes summed it up quite well I thought,
    "it's like a team of strangers, it's like they've never played with each other before. no link between midfield and the forward players."

Hard to argue with that.

• Advertisement

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Enjoyable game I thought contrary to opinion. Partizan looked decent and with the youth in the team a win is good.

Worrying how bad Maguire was though. With a non existent midfield it may be past time criticising defenders but he got sold very easily a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Vs. Norway in a match in Serbia aswell.

:pac:

Liam O wrote: »
    Enjoyable game I thought contrary to opinion. Partizan looked decent and with the youth in the team a win is good.

Worrying how bad Maguire was though. With a non existent midfield it may be past time criticising defenders but he got sold very easily a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

That was ****ing awful. Williams the only real positive, hope he keeps his place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

limnam wrote: »
    beautiful from jones.

no one near him. Corner.

Jones is to football what the Jaws music is to ehh Jaws films

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-klopps-start-at-liverpool-to-solskjaers-at-manchester-united/

I read this the other day. Interesting enough comparison, though obviously Klopp is/was vastly more experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Regardless of the youth players and the thin squad, its indefensible to create nothing, literally nothing, in attack. You'd expect more from a non-league team. This has to be down to coaching, we just don't seem to have a clue when we transition into attack. Time and time again we seem to overrun the ball, miss the obvious pass, run into blind alleys, turn back inside and pass back. What is going on in training? Angry to be watching this stuff. The whole history of the club is being betrayed by this performance, by every performance. Ole needs to get angry with this crew or get going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

We could sign Declan Rice too.

Imagine the puns. Muller Rice.

I'll get my coat.

Awesome... i don’t care if they both have broken legs let’s just buy them...

Worrying stat again is over 90 minutes we had one shot on goal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,041 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Was the peno the only shot on target?

The Nal wrote: »
    Was the peno the only shot on target?

Yes

Jesus, still can’t trouble opposition goalkeepers , we going to need to try and spunk some cash on a striker this January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-klopps-start-at-liverpool-to-solskjaers-at-manchester-united/

I read this the other day. Interesting enough comparison, though obviously Klopp is/was vastly more experienced.

The big difference is that you could see what Klopp was trying to do. Bits of it started to work early on, like pressing, it wasn't perfect but you could see the direction of travel and improvement over time. Does anyone have a clue where Ole is trying to get this team to tactically?

You said “by the second half” as a counter to the other posters argument that Ole dropped the team deep in the second half.

Yes, by the second half. Klopp changed it for the second half. I mentioned Lalana, probably because he scored. Henderson pushed forward before that. I didn't think someone would be looking for an in-depth analysis.

I know some are too far gone but it's fairly obvious that Ole set out the team very well and Klopp counteracted very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Norwich will bate us on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That huge gaping hole we call a midfield desperately needs to be sorted out. We're clueless when it comes to how to move the ball and cycling possession.

**** it. A win is a win. A win against Norwich and that's 3 positive results on the bounce. Maybe get a bit of a run going. Won't hold my breath. Least we've gotten the not-winning-away duck off the back.

What's positive about drawing at home? with backs to the wall for an hour?

No shots on target over 90 minutes, barring a penalty, that’s disgraceful, that’s worrying, that’s the cheque book stillll needing to be opened.

Yes, by the second half. Klopp changed it for the second half. I mentioned Lalana, probably because he scored. Henderson pushed forward before that. I didn't think someone would be looking for an in-depth analysis.

I know some are too far gone but it's fairly obvious that Ole set out the team very well and Klopp counteracted very well.

Is it not fairly standard for European champions to push on when their behind against a fairly weak side with no confidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What's positive about drawing at home? with backs to the wall for an hour?

Did you expect to win?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Strumms wrote: »
    No shots on target over 90 minutes, barring a penalty, that’s disgraceful, that’s worrying, that’s the cheque book stillll needing to be opened.

We could spend a fortune and I doubt it would make a difference. Ole hasn't a clue, the side is set up and coached poorly and this charade of him being manager needs to end.

Did you expect to win?

It would have been positive.

My expectation levels been on the floor is also not positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Did you expect to win?

No Mr Bond I expect you to die

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Standard performance, only positive was Williams. Our lack of attackis very frustrating. If muller and mandzukic are our targets then it's not going to improve

All quiet. We've gone from anger to despair...

We really need a player a striker who can occupy the opposition back four. We have neither the pace or physicality at the moment and that’s our real problem.. no defender regardless of what team will think ‘shît’ when they see our best 11..

If Pep had Rashford and Martial they would be different players. If we had Sterling we'd be saying he has to go..

jaykay74 wrote: »
    11 games in a row with one goal or less scored. Will we break that duck tonight.

That’s a pretty amazing stat. And no we didn’t break the duck, 12 games since we scored more then one goal... in terms of games that equal to going a third of a Premiership season only scoring one goal..or less..madness..

ankles wrote: »
    If Pep had Rashford and Martial they would be different players. If we had Sterling we'd be saying he has to go..

Martial wouldn't last 5 minutes under pep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You think Maguire played well?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Europa League can have a huge impact on a season in a negative way. Even Jose stumbled to 6th in the league when dealing with it.

Lost two away games and struggled against Zorya Lyhansk (?) In the group stage.

Barely got past Rostov, Anderlecht and Celta Vigo in later rounds (1 goal better in each tie).

The early stage away games like tonight are always tedious.

Its great that the young guys like Garner and Williams get chances, Romero, Jones, Rojo and Mata get games and its what I wanted from Europa League.

Needs to be much better in the league obviously and the overall level of performance is still well below what it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

ankles wrote: »
    100% right.

I was in Old Trafford on Sunday. When I got home I watched& read reports on the game. I couldn't believe the plaudits Rashford was getting. In the ground, it appeared to me, that he was the laziest player on display. Serious lack of movement off the ball. A refusal to even jump for a header to challenge defenders. His body language was desperate too, head down walking 90% of the time. The goal and a little run and shot in the second half was his only positive contribution.

There's a number of players who are getting away with not putting in the effort. It wouldn't happen if the manager was ruthless enough for the job.

Is it not fairly standard for European champions to push on when their behind against a fairly weak side with no confidence?

It's fairly standard from any decent team to "push on" when behind. Switching formation to effectively play 2-4-4 when in possession isn't standard/something we see regularly.

Klopps normal set up is an attacking team with 3 up top, he went a step further in the 2nd half on Sunday by adding a 4th.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement